Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
It doesn't seem like there's a cafeteria in that building. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

EponymousMrYar posted:

You know what else seems to be missing?

Bathrooms.

While everyone else laments not having a toilet, Mechamaru realizes he can't take a poo poo anymore and gives in to despair.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I have to wonder what the original purpose of these halls was if Usami made them. Otherwise, it just seems like Monokuma made two food themed towers to rub in that they'd be starving.

Or maybe it's just one tower that transforms when they use the elevator room?

I wonder how Sakura would get along with Akane.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 27, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

serefin99 posted:

I doubt Monokuma would even give Kazuichi the chance too. Worst case scenario, Monokuma melts down Mechamaru's body and turns it into a statue of himself. Best case scenario, he just puts the body wherever the rest of the corpses are.

I'm a bit confused as to how he works. Is he not organic at all? How is his soul inside of a robot?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Everyone's always bullying Souda, huh?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

She is not just merely stupid, but terminally stupid - a danger not just to herself, but others as well. Nekomaru's human body was lost because of her lethal stupidity, and judging from her current state of mind, she's a prime candidate to become a cannibal. She seems most likely to become dangerous. I wouldn't miss her at all.

I like how immediately after Nidai comes back, she winds up provoking Monokuma into shooting a bazooka at her again.

Stephen9001 posted:

As for who I'd like to die, hm, I can't choose anyone out of the current group except Nagito.

The fact that Nagito has survived this long is hilarious, honestly.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Rarity posted:

Akane is basically Asahina without the charm

Yeah, Aoi was an airhead, but she was nice and had a pretty good relationship with Sakura.

Akane in comparison is just kinda dumb and her closest interaction is with Nidai, but she's had almost no moments with him at all ever since he came back.

There's also a pretty clear difference between airheaded and just outright dumb.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Dammit, Komaeda. You're a loose cannon, but you get results.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Monokuma is some kind of shitposting paragon.

Double Punctuation posted:

Trap Sprung and all, but what the gently caress, devs? That's seriously not funny. :barf:

(Don't Google that, by the way.)

Isn't that just a reference to Oreimo?

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Sep 1, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I could honestly believe that his parents were killed by a meteor.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

As I recall Naegi's luck typically made things good for him at someone else's expense, according to that short story before DR1 took place.

If that's true, then it's kind of scary to think how his luck and Nagito's would work together.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

They are supposed to appear similar so that when Nagito goes nuts in the first trial it is that much more disconcerting.

Basically this. You're basically supposed to think of him as Naegi until he goes full on nuts in the first trial.

Truthkeeper posted:

Is it just my imagination, or does every person in this game have a horrible backstory?

Everyone in Danganronpa period has a horrible backstory.

Except maybe Hagakure.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

rannum posted:

The worst Sakura got was a sick boyfriend.

That's because Sakura is the only character in the game who had her character development before the plot started.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It's the Ishimaru death all over again. :argh:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

timp posted:

- Game, how are you not going to let us check Mechamaru's chest clock when you specifically bring up time of death being a question? Don't tell me Chiaki, Akane, Sonia and Hinata ALL forgot about that feature??

They specifically mentioned the chest doors were tightly shut and needed Souda to be opened, though.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

You play as Komaeda for this chapter? :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Nagito loving with everyone is never not the best thing.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

For a second there, I thought I clicked the wrong LP.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I actually didn't know about the escape room, though having context for that image of Nagito holding a gun to his head was nice.

What a fantastic character. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

That'll be his victory lap.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I guess he saw the layout of the buildings. That's pretty useful.

If the Ultimate Weapon is indeed knowledge of the building's layout, would that mean that the killer has also done the Final Dead Room given Nagito's revelation?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Don't stop now, Nagito. Tell him how you really feel. :stare:

Also

I never noticed that he had swirly eyes in this pose, too.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Sep 20, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Nagito is wrong. Hajime is The Ultimate Fanboy.

This is the real reason he dislikes him now. How can he compete with that kind of hypeman?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mukuro and Fatogami were impaled. The first murder also had an attempt on a target's life (Leon, Nagito) only for someone else to wind up dead (Sayaka, Fatogami).

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Man, Nagito is officially done with everyone's poo poo.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

FPzero posted:

: I might have figured out the reason behind the chain's disappearance!
: Seriously!?
: Perhaps...what made this incomprehensible phenomenon possible is...
: Magic! Miiiiiindfreak!
: ...Huh?
: Miiiiiindfreak!
: ...

I'm sorry, Sonia... I have no idea what you're talking about...

Sonia was secretly the best character this whole time. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I know we have a lot of silly characters in Danganronpa, but Sonia is pretty great.

And I love how the characters are actually preferring Komaeda being crazy over being a jerk.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The Ultimate Weapon being information on the building's layout would make sense, especially given how much the trial depends on understanding the layout in order to understand the murder.

If Nagito's view from the window was a view of the building as a whole, it'd add up.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Komaeda, stop being a troll and tell us what you know already! :argh:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Capfalcon posted:

This is the point of the game where I really wish Nagito usurped protagonist status.

He had a good stint not that long ago.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Next Time: Souda (probably) gets it wrong. Or he's right and Sonia doesn't care.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Narsham posted:

The killer was desperate enough to risk death even prior to knowing and having what was needed to commit this murder.

Makes sense. Either they die quickly or they kill someone and get a chance to get some food as opposed to slow death by starvation.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

timp posted:

I can't remember if Mechamaru mentioned this or not, but was he capable of feeling pain?

:smith:

Assuming the switch on the back of his neck was used, he probably would have died in his "sleep"?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

FPzero posted:

: Then I'll take responsibility and gently caress you!

Someone who is behind the paywall is going to do a double take at this. I know I did.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

MysticalMachineGun posted:

This kind of scenario is what gives the Ace Attorney games the edge over DR for me - in those people lie for valid reasons or are mistaken in a genuine fashion.

In DR the nature of the arguments means everyone but the protagonist is so loving dense! The dummy stuff that started this update was completely stupid!

Everyone except the protagonist, the rival, and the female lead, that is.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

FPzero posted:

: If I recall...an octagon is a shape with eight sides, right?
: I didn't expect you to know that. For a substitute Reserve Course student, you're quite knowledgeable.

There's condescension, and then there's this.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

When was the chapter that Sonia just decided to drop all pretense and make it plain that she's annoyed by Souda? Was it this one? I don't remember her being this direct before.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Zoe posted:

Really, really?? You end it right there? I mean it's obvious who it is now but drat. That's just mean.

Don't the "Select a Culprit" updates always end before picking someone?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

They all feel a bit long, I think.

Dog Kisser posted:

Based on nothing I hope Gundham dies because he sucks.

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

That facial twitch was great. You can just see the wheels spinning in his mind as he tries to come up with some new craziness to spew.

Zoe posted:

I love how Nagito just never passes up an opportunity to get in a jab at Super Highschool Reserve Course Student Hajime now.

Yeah, but what kind of filthy, talentless weirdo pays to go to high school?

• Locked thread