Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I would have posted this the other day, but I was hoping at least one other person would reply.

I'd forgotten that the game actually points out "Gee, isn't this similar to Hope's Peak Academy?" And it really does look similar. However, there is a difference. The door on the inside from DR 1 is different. This vault door has a little tongue thing instead of appearing to open along one vertical line. But maybe that's not important.

My crazy, totally off-the-wall theory is that the students from the first game are inside that building. Togami, Naegi, Aoi, Kirigiri, all of them. No windows in the school. We never saw what was beyond the door.

See, I'm betting it's just a replica. Some kind of bomb shelter to survive that big ol' bomb we always see counting down. It looks the way it does either because Monokuma likes the irony of everyone sealing themselves in the school again, or to try and subtly jog people's memories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

alcharagia posted:

Feed your boyfriend, Hajime.

I really want the virtual pet to turn into Komaeda.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Peko Justice, Ace Murderer.

I'd play it.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

EponymousMrYar posted:

Monokuma I feel the drill beard was perhaps a bit unnecessary.

No drill is ever unnecessary. More drills are always necessary.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

FPzero posted:

In my eyes I've always thought of this as a bad death for him. He wanted to go to hell with his evil. Instead, he's going to (animal)heaven.

I think the point of it was an insult to his persona, yeah. His powers are rubbish, and animals really just like him because he's a sweet boy, no matter how much he tries not to be.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Doc Hawkins posted:

:staredog:

So, uh, how'd your dog die, Nagito?

Choking on a million dollars, or something.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Sindai posted:

The Ultimate Imposter's real superpower is convincing people that, no matter who he's impersonating, there's a good reason they're suddenly obese.

It's either that or Ultimate Myspace Angles so nobody notices.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Why did this turn into the Sex Joke Episode all of a sudden?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Is discussing sex during a murder investigation not standard procedure?

My lawyer has advised me not to answer this.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Zoe posted:

So Chiaki is just an AI or something...which is what I had to keep telling myself over and over to watch that execution.

Something something "which will cause more despair?" something.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Qrr posted:

I’m impressed that it doesn’t rot.

Also mysterious speaker, you’re silly. Nagito is many things but he’s not boring.

I dunno. Most of the thread was able to predict "Rube Goldberg Luck-Powered Suicide Plot" quite easily. He's predictable.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Stroth posted:

No, she'd keep it and not tell anyone just so she could pull it out at the moment it would most gently caress up someone's day.

Danganronpa 4: Hope's Peak Pre-School

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

FPzero posted:

I know this is a joke, but it's not really a spoiler to say that this is very nearly what happens with Ultra Despair Girls.

My favourite chapter was when the Super Duper Pre-School Level Rattle Shaker used their unique talents to charm a rattlesnake into killing the Super Duper Pre-School Level Napper and framed the Super Duper Pre-School Level Dog Petter for it.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I forgot this beginning part and was kind of expecting Gundam's hamsters to be used as evidence.

Speaking of, what happened to them?

They ROM hacked Hamtaro and added the source code to the Neo World Program. Obviously.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Robindaybird posted:

I suspect that was a deliberate misdirection from the developers between him and Fatogami to surprise the players, and isn't aimed at the characters at all.

Yeah, he's the Grant Anonama of this game.

(its an anagram for Not An Anagram)

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I mean she died like six times over in that. I'm not sure it was literal.

Or maybe they just didn't anticipate a sequel.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Yyyyyyyep.

I don't think I want to know who did that one. Fuyuhiko's obviously the eye. Do the rest correspond to people in the room? Akane starving herself would be in opposition to her ravenous self, and Sonia's parents are presumably king and queen...

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Lord_Magmar posted:

I’m gonna say it was Nagito and Mikan who went to the gross extremes. They’re the visibly craziest about Junko, based on Nagito giving himself the Ultimate Stranger Technique hand and everything about Mikan when she snaps and gets her memories back.

I mean the rest of them could be that crazy in the real world too, it's just being suppressed by the Neo World Program right now.

I wonder how Monokuma was about to break Mikan's real memories out of their suppression, and why he didn't do it to everyone, though.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Hahaha absolutely not, no no no, doing what the bad guy says, even if it sounds like a good idea, always leads to a Bad End. Chiaki would've known that.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Qrr posted:

Remember that 2 years have passed in the real world, and consider hamster lifespans. Also recall that the remnants murdered everyone they loved.

There are no adorable hamster pods, only simulated hamsters and sadness.

Man now I'm glad Gundam died. I wouldn't want him to be without his buddies.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Yes, Hajime. Weren't you listening? You're Izuru Kamukura you're Izuru Kamukura you're Izuru Kamukura you're Izuru Kamukura! And everyone is dead, Dave!

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Radical lunacy.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Have you tried turning your Hajime off and then on again

Just adjust the antenna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Cuntellectual posted:

His pre-despair self seemed to be cool with sandblasting his brain clean to get replaced with someone cooler, as Hinata was apparently a fanboy with delusions of grandeur. Apparently that's not the case now. Either this Hinata isn't much like the original, or Hinata might not have been willing the first time he got wiped.

Either possibility is kinda unsettling.

Or something happened during his time in the Reserve Course that put him up to it, something he now doesn't remember.

These guys are missing like, two, maybe three years of personal growth and development at this point? Lots can happen in that time.

• Locked thread