Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Everybody looking serious is seriously juxtaposed with Ibuki's resting "la la la" pose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I just want to show my appreciation for a court drama game that has people's bowel movements as a critical piece of evidence. You keep doing you, Dangan Ronpa.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I'd assume Teruteru just wanted to escape - he seems like a pretty pervy, selfish type of dude

As for the more complicated kill being the correct one, that's just the way games and murder mysteries are! If they were simple the whole "gather everyone in the drawing room and lay out the murder step by step" done in detective stories would be awfully short and boring :)

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Peko's looking most likely to me - her being wet points to the water bottles where Sonia's wetsuit doesn't

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The killer seems really ruthless this time - sealing yourself in a surfboard case sounds terrifying to me.

I think we'll need to compare people's heights and stuff later, and Yakuza boy looks short enough to fit in one of those cases. Peko looks taller, maybe that rules her out?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

That seemed like a really half-arsed attempt at a twist, and no reasonable person would go "oh, then clearly yakuza kiddy is the murderer, not the person who swung the metal loving bat".

Then again, Monokuma is far from reasonable...

Also baby yakuza and Peko is cute as.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Well, Fuyuhiko is in the list of students remaining, so I assume he'll be back.

I also assume he'll be like half an android or have a new black and white colour scheme though...

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Clearly the world has been destroyed and the reserve department students were cryogenically frozen to survive which affects their memories and this game is actually set in 4251...

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

FPzero posted:

: Hajime, it appears...you are the same as me.

Uhhhh... where is this going? Related? Same race? Clones?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

That's a nice touch, then. If this were a game like Persona the rest of the day would be cutscenes.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

BlazeEmblem posted:

I don't know why you're so worried. Clearly we are just a few updates away from the end of the game and everyone is going to survive from here on out :).

:hfive:

Spoilers but everybody just hangs out in their yukatas from here on out and it turns into a romantic VN.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I honestly just love and appreciate the Veronicas reference

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Actually: here's my theory (I shouldn't read this thread right before bed, it leads to me speculating rather than sleeping)

- Hiyoko was killed first. Since she had locked herself in her hotel room, nobody would've noticed for a while
- the killer arranged for the "hanging" video in the hospital: note that we never saw anyone get hanged and there are two monimi bags. Also the hanging video doesn't have hair hanging down like Ibuki
- at some point the killer hides Hiyoko's body with that paper, but leaves a bloodstain on the stage
- killer tells Ibuki to walk through the bloodstain (implicating her) and then either strangles or gets Ibuki to kill herself hoping they'll accuse Ibuki of Hiyoko's murder and win
- killer cleans up blood

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

BlazeEmblem posted:

Also, I don't think that it was mentioned before, but the sticker Hajime bought was given out with the Limited edition version of this game on the PS Vita.

How appropriate!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Zoe posted:

So how long until one of these geniuses realizes Hiyoko couldn't possibly have walked to the venue, walked past Ibuki's hanging corpse, painstakingly tied her kimono, then be murdered and taped to a pillar in the time it took Hajime to get the others and come back?

That's one of the advantages the Phoenix Wright games have over DR - due to only having a single character (+ sidekick) overlooking certain things depsite being obvious is to be expected. The prosecution and the witnesses don't overlook obvious stuff, they're usually just lying.

In the DR games multiple people who are completely innocent have to miss some blindingly obvious stuff for the player to point out the contradictions.

Then again, having Hajime questioned straight away is a neat twist.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hiyoko was killed first (more than likely by Ibuki under Mikan's orders) and then Ibuki strangled in an attempt to set it up as a murder suicide.

Which leaves me wondering... why cover up Hiyoko? She would've been out of frame anyway. Gluing up the door in advance would also help with setting up the room. Unveiling Hiyoko and closing the room after only makes it more obvious that the killer is still around.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Uhh... what?

Also, I hate that "I know who the spy/mole/traitor is but I'm not telling" poo poo. Just have her not mention it at all, this way it's just frustrating.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Well, at least he wasn't a strung up corpse with a voice box, which I thought might be a despair inducing way to show him...

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

That's the dumbest, flimsiest explanation for not having your new giant robot friend bash down a door. It would've just led to Grape House, but still.

In fact, if there are any other locked doors that Mecha-maru for the rest of the game I'm out, that's bullshit.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Oh man, here we go.

It's interesting to me that no one tried to pick up the hammer - if it's like Stabbey says and it's a trick, it may be much lighter than it looks. But of course they try to pick up the pillar!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I'm going to hold off on further speculation until the compass thing pans out. I bet it's crucial.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Double Punctuation posted:

Nagito is wrong. Hajime is The Ultimate Fanboy.

(The moral of the story is the whole concept of Ultimates is really loving dumb, if you somehow hadn't figured that out by now.)

If the Ultimates were any good at anything they'd probably not get murdered so easily. Makes you think.

FPzero posted:

Hajime doesn't approve.

Woah, what's this from?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Also I love that Hajime's big twist is that he enrolled and paid to get into a school! Such scandal!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Isn't Mechamaru super heavy? Doesn't that limit our suspects if we presume he was moved?

Perhaps the killer lured Mechamaru to the elevator room, put him to sleep there and attached him to the pillar or door with the chains. Leave the room, wait for someone in the "other" house to press the button, bing bang boom.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

This kind of scenario is what gives the Ace Attorney games the edge over DR for me - in those people lie for valid reasons or are mistaken in a genuine fashion.

In DR the nature of the arguments means everyone but the protagonist is so loving dense! The dummy stuff that started this update was completely stupid!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Venuz Patrol posted:

can't wait to hangman's gambit "combat hamsters"

No way, to maximise the pain it will be "gundham totally used the hamsters, you guys"

The letter "u" will only appear 1/20 times.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Please use correct terminology. You make Gundham sad.

Oh poo poo, they're totally going to make you spell out "4 Dark Devas of Destruction" aren't they

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

This wasn't the post trial reaction I was expecting!

Gundham has just been... there for me during the LP, he didn't seem to pop up too much to make a lasting impression. Cute hamsters though.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Can I take a bet on the next case? I think Souda's going to crack and either murder someone or straight up murder Sonia since she's clearly not interested in him.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

FoolyCharged posted:

Meanwhile here the group is just anemically wandering from killzone to killzone simply accepting that monokuma is there and doing nothing about the fact that he's forcing them to off each other.

If they go another chapter without investigating that ruined school I'm gonna flip my poo poo

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Nagito's going to get tied up and subsequently murdered. The entire remaining cast are accomplices (since they tied him up) so they are all executed. Bad end.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Virtue posted:

I have no idea who the traitor is.

It's Akane. She's shown she's for sale.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Nephrite posted:

"Created?" :aaa:

Yeah that word choice sounds very deliberate. Is the traitor also some sort of simulacrum?

Podima posted:

NEXT UPDATE NOW PLEASE.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Solitair posted:

I've been keeping silent in this thread for much the same reason, and also because I'm antsy to watch people's reactions to V3 when that LP starts.

Is someone going to do a let's watch of the anime in between? I thought it picked up directly after 2.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

In a real life court of law this would be bumped down to manslaughter as Chiaki had no intent to kill and her throwing the deadly grenade was purely an accident.

She'd probably still serve time though, so :shrug:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I'm guessing rather than a matrix esque "die in the matrix, die in real life" situation those who die get booted out of the simulation and get to watch the rest

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Right hand regular, left hand date night

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Talow posted:

I'm getting this weirdest sense of deja vu. Oh well, guess I'll just try to guess the survivors or something.

Hajime clearly survives, because protagonist privilege.

And... The rest of the cast hasn't been introduced yet, have they. Welp.

No way, Hajime's going to cop it and we'll be lady-hand Nagito forever

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The main cast, eh? Are we talking DR1 alumni or some other people entirely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Zoe posted:

I'm going to throw something if it turns out Junko was triplets.

Nope. Gotta be clones. Look out for Junko-cide!

• Locked thread