Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008
I mean, if you’re going to make terrible television anyway...why not go all out? Twin Negans, mutant Negans, half man-half motorcycle Negans? A town populated entirely by Jeffery Dean Morgan playing as every man, woman, and child! Entertain me you lazy hacks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008
Also, if “experiment with time” means they give Morgan the ability to Quantum Leap into people’s bodies righting all the Walker family’s wrongs throughout the zombie apocalypse I will take back everything bad Ive ever said about the showrunners.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

moist turtleneck posted:

we cant stop here, that bitch madison is near

Can't wait for her zombie dad to show up and wreck everybody with his "particular set of skills"

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Satchel and Trunk posted:

I mean, if you’re going to make terrible television anyway...why not go all out? Twin Negans, mutant Negans, half man-half motorcycle Negans? A town populated entirely by Jeffery Dean Morgan playing as every man, woman, and child! Entertain me you lazy hacks!

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Just ughhh.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

moist turtleneck posted:

we cant stop here, that bitch madison is near

BonoMan posted:

"Hey can I get a lift?"

"Where to?"

"A better show."

"You mean Fear the Walking Dead?"

"Hell no! I heard Netflix might revive Jericho!"

"I'll bring the cashews."

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

So first thought on FTWD pilot-can the druggie son (Nick?) please just loving die?

He’s so loving annoying already. That means he’s going to stick around, doesn’t it?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
he gets better

but the one you need to keep an eye on is El Salvidad because he owns

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

nwin posted:

So first thought on FTWD pilot-can the druggie son (Nick?) please just loving die?

He’s so loving annoying already. That means he’s going to stick around, doesn’t it?

:allears:

oh my sweet, naive child...

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Oh god dammit, I knew that was Randy from the wire. You're too good for this show, Randy.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

nwin posted:

the entire first season is going to be you waiting for nick scenes to end.

he does get more tolerable later in the show.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Best FTWD Characters in order.I'll cut you if you disagree: :ese:

1) Strand
2) El Salvidad
3) Nick
4) Alicia

Everyone else, eh.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
nick was always cool

https://i.imgur.com/xMXrLX2.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
also goon kid

http://i.imgur.com/gWi5wse.gifv

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Astroman posted:

don't joke about something so important

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

the candle that burns at both ends burns twice as fast... :rip:

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i hope the 'larger than life characters' thing means they're going to get some guest spots from best zombie show, z nation

i feel like nick would mellow out a lot if he could hang with doc and 10k for a while

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Astroman posted:

"You mean Fear the Walking Dead?"

"I'll bring the cashews."

WHOA MOTHERFUCKER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0kxPiCm2Lk

2:10(or just watch the whole thing, it isn't bad) shows some cool poo poo Darabont wanted to do I never knew about

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
So who here is psyched for the mid-season premiere of AMC's The Walking Dead?

yeah, me neither

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

So who here is psyched for the mid-season premiere of AMC's The Walking Dead?

yeah, me neither

i've forgotten and remembered it was this coming sunday like four times this week

taking over/under bets on how much of this ep is Rick crying over Coral, also taking bets on what % of the ep is flashback

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Johnny Truant posted:

i've forgotten and remembered it was this coming sunday like four times this week

taking over/under bets on how much of this ep is Rick crying over Coral, also taking bets on what % of the ep is flashback

Carol should be allowed to put Carl down.

.357 to the face.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Astroman posted:

Best FTWD Characters in order.I'll cut you if you disagree: :ese:

1) Strand
2) El Salvidad
3) Nick
4) Alicia

Everyone else, eh.

‘Alicia’? That’s a funny way to spell Troy.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

zeal posted:

i hope the 'larger than life characters' thing means they're going to get some guest spots from best zombie show, z nation
It's Negan.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

I keep expecting Negan to grow a handlebar mustache and start wearing a big black cape.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Satchel and Trunk posted:

Introducing... the Guv'nuh!

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I'm one season behind at this point. I could hatewatch this show up until then, but i think i'm finally broken!

Edit: i read this thread tho and watched the gifs from last season so it's not like im not caught up or anything, maybe it was even a better experience than actually watching the show!

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Dongattack posted:

I'm one season behind at this point. I could hatewatch this show up until then, but i think i'm finally broken!

GET OUT. RUN. Run, and never look back.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Dongattack posted:

So who are you? What is your name?

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Acacia REI posted:

Fear the Walking Dead season 4 will 'experiment with time'

Also they are making good on Scott Gimple's promise of adding "larger than life" characters.

This is gonna be so bad guys

That guy sounds like he has no idea what he's talking about so hopefully he has no idea what he's talking about.

I mean..

quote:

CHAMBLISS: Well, some of the season will be set in Texas, but Texas is a long way from Mexico, so who knows?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Astroman posted:

So who are you? What is your name?

Up up.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Dongattack posted:

Edit: i read this thread tho and watched the gifs from last season so it's not like im not caught up or anything, maybe it was even a better experience than actually watching the show!

We're cancelling our cable in a couple days so I will be able to see the mid-season premier but I won't be able to see the rest of the season. I'm not even that upset over it. Normally I would lose my poo poo over not being able to stay current with TWD.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LadyPictureShow posted:

‘Alicia’? That’s a funny way to spell Troy.

Yep.

Worst Fear the Walking Dead character goes to: Cartel guy who was too stupid to walk backwards while reloading his gun, or to get in the waiting car behind him, like the steam roller joke from Austin Powers

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

nwin posted:

Season 1 sucks. And is terrible. All the character are unintentionally massive assholes, LA has as population of like 62 people, it just sucks. It skips all the interesting bits. It sucks. Did I say IT SUCKS? (I am not kidding about the massive rear end in a top hat part. They feed a hospital to zombies, leave their neighborhood gate unlocked in the zombie apocalypse, torture a soldier for days, etc.)

Season 2 starts interesting. The group goes around on a boat like zombie boat trek, interacting with various groups and immediately loving over their lives and ruining them. Super hit and miss with some great episodes, some poo poo episodes (including a time traveling airplane gently caress up), and some bizarre ones like where the main characters literally start taking plays out of Negan's handbook but are presented as the 'good guys' yet. Also the second half sucks, the villains suck and the heroes are idiots (running away from 10 dudes who were willing to walk through a zombie moat).

Season 3 is loving good. Why? Because it acknowledges that the characters are sociopaths, assholes and otherwise not nice people. They aren't "the good guys." They might have good intentions but it's clear they are every bit as shady as any TWD villain; Madison seriously would have wrecked the TV Governor before he even knew what happened. Some are better than others, but the show found it's voice by dispensing with the concept of "heroes." It also has world building, and factions and settlements with motivations more reasonable or complex than "we want everything."

And for the record Gimple having them write-out Troy was dumb as all gently caress because Troy would have made an amazing wildcard in a crossover.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Feb 25, 2018

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Blazing Ownager posted:

And for the record Gimple having them write-out Troy was dumb as all gently caress because Troy would have made an amazing wildcard in a crossover.

Woah, why did this happen?

(I'd only seen a handful of episodes from Season 3 -- I stopped because of real life, not because I wasn't enjoying myself -- but he was one of the better additions to the show.)

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
tbh while Troy is great it is ridiculous that he lives as long as he does given what an immense unstable fuckup and danger he is to everyone around him all the time. also i still think Travis was wasted potential

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.
I've got my hate-watch pants on!

Toilet Terror
Aug 5, 2006
Swirlie
Also while season 1 of FTWD is pretty poo poo, it's only six episodes to get through.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I hope they bring back beth and tyreese with no explanation whatsoever

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I'm sure carl's bite was the result of a fight with a tramp over a piece of cheese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
here's the old ftwd thread

we had such high hopes

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3737195&pagenumber=1&perpage=40