Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Quidthulhu posted:

This is LITERALLY what you said about Pmush yesterday

##vote Capps

So what? You realize this is the entire basis of how i play mafia right?

Find the people who write like they are playing instead of playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Propaganda Machine posted:

I'm defending myself against not much to defend. I'm not really sure what else I'm supposed to do with this. I mean, I can sit here and reread every other poster to try and find the cases against them but the fact is I just wasn't seeing them. Podiima looked dodgy enough for a vote, and CPig is the only one I haven't really looked at too closely.

I was buying the case on FV, but her posting got more thoughtful as time went on, so the lurker/info fishing stuff didn't really hold up.

And I still don't know why Asiina is getting a pass.

I'm not really giving Asiina a pass. I've mentioned a few times that I'm a little concerned about her. The lack of posting and mostly making town calls worries the hell out of me.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

I'm defending myself against not much to defend. I'm not really sure what else I'm supposed to do with this. I mean, I can sit here and reread every other poster to try and find the cases against them but the fact is I just wasn't seeing them. Podiima looked dodgy enough for a vote, and CPig is the only one I haven't really looked at too closely.

I was buying the case on FV, but her posting got more thoughtful as time went on, so the lurker/info fishing stuff didn't really hold up.

I dunno why your scum buddy is getting a pass too!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

She's pinging me a tiny bit. But she's much farther down then my other reads.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Snooze Cruise posted:

So what? You realize this is the entire basis of how i play mafia right?

Find the people who write like they are playing instead of playing.

Well, how well does it work? It certainly didn't work very well for Pmush.

I'd argue that certain people's style of posting would be triggering you regardless of their alignment. It's just how they post.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Snooze Cruise (6): TMMadman, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, fiery_valkyrie, BottleKnight, Podima, King Burgundy, SirSamVimes
Poison Mushroom (3): Propaganda Machine, Propaganda Machine, Podima, BottleKnight, CapitalistPig, Propaganda Machine, DickBastardly, Snooze Cruise, DickBastardly, Podima, BottleKnight
Podima (2): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, DickBastardly
SirSamVimes (1): Asiina, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, Podima, BottleKnight, Poison Mushroom, King Burgundy, Poison Mushroom, BottleKnight, Podima, King Burgundy
Quidthulhu (0): TMMadman, TMMadman, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom
fiery_valkyrie (0): SirSamVimes, SirSamVimes
CapitalistPig (0): Poison Mushroom, BottleKnight, Poison Mushroom, BottleKnight
DickBastardly (0): Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom
King Burgundy (0): TMMadman, TMMadman
TMMadman (0): King Burgundy, Asiina, King Burgundy, Asiina, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie
BottleKnight (0): Podima, Podima, King Burgundy, Poison Mushroom, SirSamVimes, Poison Mushroom, King Burgundy, SirSamVimes

Not Voting (1): Poison Mushroom

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 12th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Quoting because i believe the key to solving this game is here and i don't want to keep finding this on my phone cause the awful app is awful

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I've gotta say again that I think it's kind of weird that Snooze hasn't picked up any other votes right now. I mean there are 3 likely town votes on her and I'd think if she was town, scum would try to move the vote that direction. I don't think it would be very hard to do because it could easily be justified as 'redirectors are likely to be scum.'

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Here's Asiina's actual content-posting:

Asiina posted:

Maybe she got to cop her mason partner if they trusted her or something so you'd pick someone you didn't trust.

I remember I gave a masonr recruiter power to MMT once and she recruited everyone she was suspicious of.

So after D1 who you target for a masonry isn't really a tell unless it's someone you actively hate.

Trying to suss out the TMM/Capps thing is reasonable enough.

Asiina posted:

KB are you scum?

You're giving me those scum vibes.

What has this poo poo ever accomplished?

Asiina posted:

That's a reasonable point.

You may just have decided to tell the truth cause whenever you can tell the truth as scum it's better for your overall credibility, so I don't think it 100% makes you town, but I do concede that it's a pretty townie thing to do.

She's just defining WIFOM.

Asiina posted:

I was so convinced by the end of D1 that Capps was scum, but night action musical chairs have convinced me everyone in that group is telling the truth.

And huge, unsubstantiated leap.

She's not helping.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

I've gotta say again that I think it's kind of weird that Snooze hasn't picked up any other votes right now. I mean there are 3 likely town votes on her and I'd think if she was town, scum would try to move the vote that direction. I don't think it would be very hard to do because it could easily be justified as 'redirectors are likely to be scum.'

I mean I guess scum could be going for a late push on her. But it's still freaking me out.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

About to leave. My vote seems like it is in a reasonable place to secure a cuddle.

Please don't no cuddle again.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

King Burgundy posted:

Well, how well does it work? It certainly didn't work very well for Pmush.

I'd argue that certain people's style of posting would be triggering you regardless of their alignment. It's just how they post.

It works pretty well of course it's not going to hit 100% of the time day one

What is the point of saying this, people are wrong sometimes. Also by now i think you guys would realize acting 500 more times confident than i am is part of my thing.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

TMMadman posted:

Inactive scums

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Pmach starts trying to push me, quickly backs down.

She is frustrated at her inactive scum partners.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Argh something doesn't add up.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Yeah, I'm feeling this. She's been belligerent since the start of D2, and her reasoning behind badgering TMM for his role information is to catch him in a gotcha moment we could dunk him on. She also called everybody playing the game stupid, and her best argument for thinking anybody is scum is the fact that she thinks they're scum.

Remind me who it was that confirmed that TMM's night action had been hosed with?

That could be collusion.

That's all the game-related shade I threw at you. Not sure how that constitutes a push; it's as much pressure as anybody should get, especially since you were/remain vote leader.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I would vote asiina, her votes have been on easy targets.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
A push is still a push

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I would vote asiina, her votes have been on easy targets.

This for example is a push

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

TMMadman posted:

Also, posts like these are what I find scummy from TMM. If you think someone is scum come out and say it. These hedge-y posts are bad.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Snooze Cruise posted:

This for example is a push

It is. I'm not convinced by the case on you. It makes no sense to me that a scum redirector comes out and claims as you did at the start of D2. If TMM is town it would have just led to your immediate lynch the next day.

I'd much prefer to vote Pod or Asiina today.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Look at Asiina's voting record. This is her D1 vote

Asiina posted:

I like Quid. I don't like SSV.

##vote ssv

And this is today's vote.

Asiina posted:

##vote BK

Okay, this one is right.

Both zero effort, zero explanation.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
People I would vote today:

BK
Pod
CPig
PMach

BK is the right choice though.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Look at Asiina's voting record. This is her D1 vote

And this is today's vote.

Both zero effort, zero explanation.

I actually explained the SSV vote in the next post, but yeah the BK one I haven't given an explanation for.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Capps creating LITERALLY THE SAME CASE today to push a vote isn't pinging anyone else? Come on guys, this is a load of crap, and her walkback is total damage control, not an actual answer.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

Capps creating LITERALLY THE SAME CASE today to push a vote isn't pinging anyone else? Come on guys, this is a load of crap, and her walkback is total damage control, not an actual answer.

No I agree Capps is playing a whole lot like scum, but I'm convinced by night actions because that's how role madness works.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Asiina posted:

No I agree Capps is playing a whole lot like scum, but I'm convinced by night actions because that's how role madness works.

Can you re-explain your slam dunk case here since you are hanging your hat on it rather than voting someone playing like scum

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

Can you re-explain your slam dunk case here since you are hanging your hat on it rather than voting someone playing like scum

I believe the series of night actions from Madman, Capps, fv, Dick, and PMush all happened how we think they did.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Asiina posted:

People I would vote today:

BK
Pod
CPig
PMach

BK is the right choice though.

All shade, no tea.

This is a funny list to cobble together. We've got:

BK: vote leader, I don't see the case on him but people insist there is one
Pod: Side-eyes from myself and FV, on this page; Quid pushed him yesterday I guess and just called out a flimsy point on the last page
CPig: is pinging people
Me: lol you read the last couple pages I guess

No reasons from you,, of course.

This is scummy af

##vote Asiina

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Asiina posted:

Asiina posted:

I believe the series of night actions from Madman, Capps, fv, Dick, and PMush all happened how we think they did.

She's town-confirming ALL the night claims. She's presuming/claiming that scum has no way to make that narrative work.

She also didn't herself claim anything, which is the only reasonable way I see for anybody to vote on that night-claim circus in and of itself.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
And the timing of her sudden content posts is a bit too apt for my taste. Seems like a scumbro alerted her in doc.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't necessarily think they're all town (fv could still be scum) but they all make sense together and account for where people were and why.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I mean we all pretty much agree pmach has to be scum right, because these posts yo lol

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

And the timing of her sudden content posts is a bit too apt for my taste. Seems like a scumbro alerted her in doc.

Or I just got home from being trapped out in the rain and we're approaching deadline?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Snooze Cruise posted:

I mean we all pretty much agree pmach has to be scum right, because these posts yo lol

Don't you start.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

Don't you start.

The language!!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

I actually explained the SSV vote in the next post, but yeah the BK one I haven't given an explanation for.

So can you give an explanation for your BK vote now?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

What's with these weak cases on me? There's better stuff to work with, there's better stuff from me to work with, and...that's what you're voting on?

I'll bite. What's better from you to work with than what I've put forth?

BottleKnight posted:

this is the definition of me atm

life of a miller

Just confirming, you are claiming that you are nothing other than a miller?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Snooze Cruise posted:

:allears:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Podima posted:

I'll bite. What's better from you to work with than what I've put forth?

Just confirming, you are claiming that you are nothing other than a miller?

I'd love to, but I'm out the door. I MIGHT be able to check in, like, 5 minutes before deadline. But if you're really looking for something, my interactions with Capps and TMM have stuff to play with, I'm sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

COLLUDING? TMM pointed out a soft defense of PMach on BK's part - that could be completely independent from their being the same alignment. BK could be scum trying to whiteknight PMach. I don't see how this is suggesting they are aligned. Explain.

BK soft-defended PMach, and PMach did a weird re-vote thing to try and shift momentum away from BK when he was tied as vote lead on Day 1. BK also jumped on me when I did the post history thing to call out PMach for lurking at deadline on Day 1.

It's not a smoking gun, but it jumps out at me given my bad feelings about PMach and BK already.

• Locked thread