Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I just hope the secret service check Trump for a gun. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Pastrymancy posted:

I'm not sure that Trump learned that prepping for a debate is necessary which...hmm...

He finally found a use for debate prep. It was his excuse for not appearing with Paul Ryan in WI.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Listening to Giuliani squirm on Meet the Press was the perfect appetizer to this. Trump and Rudy are perfect for each other.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
lol of course Anheuser Busch sponsored this.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I wish I wasn't sick or I would liqour super hard

Time to start NyQuillin like a villain.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Coheed and Camembert posted:

https://twitter.com/chucktodd/status/785279935686385668

Chuck Todd doesn't give a gently caress anymore. I think this election kind of broke him.

It better not be, I booked vacation time for the third one.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
BUBBA!!! :swoon:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Clinton already on her game. She knows where the camera is and how to position to get Trump in the shot.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Trump naming all the numbers bigger than ten he knows.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Boom. Headshot. Anderson Cooper gets the kill.

*cue the next round of tapes they have on Trump*

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
By the end of this Trump will have lost the vote of every locker in every high school in America.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I was looking forward to this being hilarious and awful, instead it's just deeply depressing. I feel sad and dirty watching.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
As a Canadian, Trump is utterly full of poo poo.

Also, when we need a big operation it isn't financially ruinous for the rest of our lives.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Trump is massively exceeding the incredibly low expectations going in.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I love that he keeps throwing out the name George Soros like it's this huge :iceburn:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

CommissarMega posted:

Really? How?

He's got a few zingers off that will get replayed ad nauseam the next few days by cable news. His usual strategy of spewing so much bullshit it's impossible to fact check in real time sounds convincing in the moment to people who don't follow the news enough to recognize it. Mix in possibly the lowest expectations going into a Presidential debate in history, he's doing "well".

Personally I have an enormous headache from the assault on reality, but I could see this being spun somewhat effectively as a win. I doubt it's enough to change the race, but he's doing better than anyone imagined he would.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
What a worthless question.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
oof, Trump just shot himself in the foot with both barrels. Obama is well liked and a ton of Americans wish he could stay President for another four years.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Super disappointed that the only crazy right-wing talk radio conspiracy theory Trump hasn't thrown out tonight is the one about Hillary Clinton having Scalia murdered.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
If not for the tape a couple days ago I'd almost say this debate gets Trump back in the race.

At very least this is going to get some of the Republicans that were fleeing his campaign back on board. Got to give the devil his due, this should have been MUCH worse for him.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

boner confessor posted:

no, what saves trump is that he can finally stop being a crazy rear end in a top hat and there was enough crazy rear end in a top hat on display

Oh he's still a crazy rear end in a top hat and an all around repugnant human being. But tonight should have been much worse for him. Hillary was a little bit flat, and Trump did a reasonable approximation of calm/in control for enough stretches of the debate to call it a win.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

PBS and NBC saying that Trump did what he needed to do and may have reassured Republicans.

lol

They're probably right. It stops the bleeding amongst some of the die-hard Republicans. It won't win over any swing voters or Democrats, but for a campaign in freefall this was probably beyond Trump's wildest hopes.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

OldTennisCourt posted:

A producer on the Apprentice said there is TONS of REALLY REALLY REAAAAAAAAAALLY bad footage (he said it's way worse than just dropping the N word) but the main head of the show has stated he will sue anyone releasing anything.

Yeah the pressure on Mark Burnett to release that footage is going to be enormous.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

God of Evil Cows posted:

So I was expecting Trump to literally poo poo his pants on stage and devolve into babbling a bunch of half formed sentence fragments like he did in the first debate. Instead he lied his rear end off, ignored every question and feuded with the moderators.

If debates are about exceeding expectations, I completely understand why people are saying Trump won this debate.

That's pretty much the key. The expectations couldn't have been lower, and he didn't roll around on stage flinging his poop at the audience.

Looks like Pence is back onboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

SocketWrench posted:

What debate were you watching? Trump came unhinged multiple times for most of the debate including his outbursts while the mods tried to shut him up and his more than eager responses talking over the moderators while going really way off points. And man, can he whine

It wasn't as bad as the first one.

Low praise, but that's really about it. He threw some red meat to the crazy right-fringe talk radio crowd and didn't embarrass himself quite as bad as the first time. His final answer was probably his best moment of any of the debates too.

It was still a disaster amongst independents and Democrats, but it might reel back in a few of the Republicans he's lost this week. Not enough to even sniff being competitive to win, but enough to continue dragging down the Republican Party.

• Locked thread