Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

StarkRavingMad posted:

You apparently can hitchhike from the green car now. Otherwise, if you brought enough booze to drink to make yourself pass out (or can get to the pub), I believe you wake up at home. If neither of those options are available, and you're not near enough to steal the muscle car, you're screwed. You can always quit without saving and reload.

The green car doesn't go up the driveway, which is still a good hike. If it's after dark you can't even see where you're going and it's horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Ugh, so I reloaded my save and now my car refuses to move forward or back. It did before, as I drove it down to the end of the drive way before the wheel fell off, but now it just shifts gears and sits there.

Does anyone know what could be going on?

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat
Check if the halfshafts are connected to the gearbox at the bottom of the engine, they might have come undone when your wheel fell off and persisted throughout you reloading the save. I think each one takes 3 size 9 bolts?

a podcast for cats fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Nov 23, 2016

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
I checked those and they are all attached still. (halfshaft never fell off either, oddly enough.)

This is the pic I took before.

Edit: Well gently caress. Apparently all of my fluids that were filled are completely empty.

Edit 2: Filled the fluids. Still nothing. Car won't move forward or back despite everything being hooked up properly.

Edit 3: God damned halfshaft on the wheel side was undone

jadebullet fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Nov 24, 2016

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

First rally. Got some work to do:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Patch today for, among other things

quote:

-Fixed Air Filter bolts
// There might be issue where Air Filter gets stuck when trying to remove it... My suggestion is to buy Racing Carbs and throw the whole stock thing into a lake.

Also new jobs for the mechanic apparently?

T800
Jul 2, 2009
I love loading old saves with new patches. My shocker absorbers have mysteriously disappeared and all the oil in my engine has disappeared despite the drain plug being tight. Also, random loose bolts everywhere.

So, has anyone made it to the mechanic without blowing up their car to find out how the new jobs work?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

zedprime posted:

Patch today

quote:

-Radio OGG song import is now done in Main Menu for hopefully to help game loading issues
-House light states are now saved
-Sewage job darts/orders are now saved
-Fixed Air Filter bolts
-Added two odd jobs to do for Fleetari Repair Shop, vandalism and transporting of junk cars
-Any items that drop into sewage well should re-spawn at the Landfill site
-Portable Car Jack can be used only when it is placed on ground
-Physics optimization; some car part collisions are now disabled after they are bolted tight
-Fixed issue where telephone breaks down if mr. Fleetari tries to call from repair shop
-Fixed gear indicator for boat
-Fixed issue with front spoiler assemblies
-Fixed issue with Satsuma loosing its tire grip when loading the game on top of asphalt surface
-Made fur dices as optional accessory
-Fixed spawning of third halfshaft
-Police spawning is now randomized
-Local radio station updated; more songs, more programs, more random
-Fixed issue where post order sheet is not always available after getting a call and then save/loading the game

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Fuzzy dice, vandalism, and saving darts? Best patch.

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009
I nominated My Summer Car for best "Finnish Life Sim" in the Steam awards. Go to store page for MSC and vote there, enter category name in the last option.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!
Ah gently caress sakes

Also, I found out why my basket didn't pass inspection. The rear bumper wasn't bolted on.

Which means I passed inspection! Only to back my car straight into the ditch leaving the garage.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010
Anyone know why I am losing all my oil? Oil filter is tight, oil pan bolts are all tight including the drain plug, and I have the fuel/air mixture tuned already.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

PopeOnARope posted:

Ah gently caress sakes

Also, I found out why my basket didn't pass inspection. The rear bumper wasn't bolted on.

Which means I passed inspection! Only to back my car straight into the ditch leaving the garage.

At a guess, they only spawn in 2-3 locations and have a distinct tell that you can use to koukata to the meadow and avoid them

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Electrical Fire posted:

Anyone know why I am losing all my oil? Oil filter is tight, oil pan bolts are all tight including the drain plug, and I have the fuel/air mixture tuned already.
All at once? Leaky stuff would include forgetting the head gasket, 10x head bolts, 8x & 1x oil pan, oil filter.

Over time? Its a 20 year old junker so it's modelling how it basically eats oil through lovely cylinder seals.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

zedprime posted:

All at once? Leaky stuff would include forgetting the head gasket, 10x head bolts, 8x & 1x oil pan, oil filter.

Over time? Its a 20 year old junker so it's modelling how it basically eats oil through lovely cylinder seals.

I'll double check everything tomorrow but the more pressing issue now is that one of my pistons is laying in the driveway. Is there a way to get new ones?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Stick it inside the car somewhere and pay for an engine repair.

e. I suddenly realize the head stuff doesn't make sense for an oil leak and I can't remember if people with forgotten gaskets were just having trouble getting it to run or what, but hey no harm checking because you're going to have some sort of serious issue if that's what is missing.

zedprime fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Nov 25, 2016

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

PopeOnARope posted:

Ah gently caress sakes

hahaha I did the same thing. That ditch is Satan.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Wow Is it supposed to take a really long while for the job phone calls to come in? Ive still got the dart for Fleetari's odd job to vandalize the inspection office which I tried to do but it didnt clear it, apparently didnt have enough poo poo to dump, but my phone has not rang at all since the, no helping the drunk home or anything

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Patrocclesiastes posted:

Wow Is it supposed to take a really long while for the job phone calls to come in? Ive still got the dart for Fleetari's odd job to vandalize the inspection office which I tried to do but it didnt clear it, apparently didnt have enough poo poo to dump, but my phone has not rang at all since the, no helping the drunk home or anything

I dumped a double load not far from the door and it still didnt take.

Anybody got this to work?

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

JB50 posted:

I dumped a double load not far from the door and it still didnt take.

Anybody got this to work?

Ok, apparently Fleetari does not call you back, you just go to his repair shop and theres ten bottles of booze waiting for you

EDIT: If you want to pass time quickly, drink three bottle of booze in succession, you will have multiple black outs in a row

Patrocclesiastes fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Nov 26, 2016

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Patrocclesiastes posted:

EDIT: If you want to pass time quickly, drink three bottle of booze in succession, you will have multiple black outs in a row

#lifehacks

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Can you tighten the alternator bolt without adjusting the alternator itself? I can't seem to find an angle that turns just the bolt.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
You can, it takes a lot of looking for the sweet spot.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Patrocclesiastes posted:

Ok, apparently Fleetari does not call you back, you just go to his repair shop and theres ten bottles of booze waiting for you
GOTY

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

GOD IS BED posted:

You can, it takes a lot of looking for the sweet spot.

Thanks. I didn't want to spend 20 minutes searching for a sweet spot that doesn't exist.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
Does anyone know where the 9mm bolts for the clutch and brake cylinders are? Looking for leaks on my brakes and can't find these 2 bolts. If anyone has any other suggestions why my brakes don't work, I'm all ears.

e: nvm, found them on the other side of the firewall. So now I just need suggestions on why my brakes are worthless.

e2: aaa I fixed it by making absolutely sure everything was tight and refilling the reservoirs. Holy poo poo! My car runs, drives and starts! Now to get some more seats and body panels on this bitch!

GOD IS BED fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Nov 27, 2016

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I've been reading this thread and I cannot decide if this is a real game or if the thread is a game of Mornington Crescent.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 392 days!
I accidentally on purpose chucked a crate of beer through one of the shop's windows, and the game called me an idiot

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
A couple of quick questions:
1. Where is the safety triangle? I assume it's in my house or garage since I haven't seen it in the store, but I don't recall seeing it anywhere?
2. Where is the mailbox to mail letters at? In town? I remember reading that you drop it in a yellow mailbox, but all I can find are green and red ones.
3. Is there a special format the imported tracks must be in? It seems it only likes .ogg files, but when I put some files in the Radio folder, it seems to only import tracks with a filename of "track##.ogg", do I need to rename my files?
I went back several pages but didn't see any answers.

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus

GOD IS BED posted:

A couple of quick questions:
1. Where is the safety triangle? I assume it's in my house or garage since I haven't seen it in the store, but I don't recall seeing it anywhere?
2. Where is the mailbox to mail letters at? In town? I remember reading that you drop it in a yellow mailbox, but all I can find are green and red ones.
3. Is there a special format the imported tracks must be in? It seems it only likes .ogg files, but when I put some files in the Radio folder, it seems to only import tracks with a filename of "track##.ogg", do I need to rename my files?
I went back several pages but didn't see any answers.

1. Back of the tractor
2. Outside the store front door
3. Files need to be named track##, yes.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Humbug posted:

3. Files need to be named track##, yes.
This is the batch script I used to convert my songs with VLC player. Stick it in a folder with all the songs you want converted and it should create a folder containing all the songs properly converted and renamed.
code:
@echo off
setlocal enableextensions enabledelayedexpansion
if not exist converted\NUL mkdir converted
set /a i=0
for /f "delims=|" %%f in ('dir /b *.*') do (
	if not %%f == %~n0%~x0 (
		if not %%f == converted (
			echo converting %%f
			set /a a+=1
			call "C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" "%%f" --sout="#transcode{acodec=vorb,ab=96}:standard{access=file,mux=ogg,dst=converted\track!a!.ogg}"  vlc://quit
		)
	)
)
echo conversion finished
pause

Praseodymi fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 27, 2016

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
Awesome, thanks guys!

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Mini update just now:

-Made temporarily changes to radio
-Fixed issue where money from delivered same junkcar could be cashed multiple times
-Fixed issue where lights previously left on go off when coming back to home
-Fixed issue with assembled fur dices not being saved

// I made some small quickfixes that had to be addressed before rolling out bigger content update later.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
I think I may hate this game now.
Just got the car inspected, driving home to put the plates on. Just passed the shed with the tractor when I flip the car on its side. Trapped inside, fearing I must resume at the last save point. Physics glitches out, I'm outside the car, the car is now rubber side down. Get in to drive in my driveway. Die from exhaustion. Didn't realize what was happening until the death newspaper shows up. Alt-F4, restart the game, Continue is no longer an option.
Jesus loving Christ.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

GOD IS BED posted:

Just got the car inspected, driving home to put the plates on. Just passed the shed with the tractor when I flip the car on its side. Trapped inside, fearing I must resume at the last save point. Physics glitches out, I'm outside the car, the car is now rubber side down. Get in to drive in my driveway. Die from exhaustion. Didn't realize what was happening until the death newspaper shows up. Alt-F4, restart the game, Continue is no longer an option.
Jesus loving Christ.

Sounds like you were in permadeath mode.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

GOD IS BED posted:

Jesus loving Christ.

The only unrealistic part about this is that it didn't play Teuvo from the radio over a poo poo-covered man drinking a lovely beer, watching a lovely news clip of a man in a lovely suit announcing your dumb death.

I mean, it simulates the DTs pretty well.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
Yeah, I was in permadeath, not doing that again!
Unfortunately, I can't start a new game- the "New Game" prompt is there at the title screen, but after putting in my info, there is no "Begin Game" prompt! What the heck!

e: the no "Begin" prompt may have had to do with my name: "Kill Me"

GOD IS BED fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Nov 28, 2016

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

JB50 posted:

Sounds like you were in permadeath mode.

Check your locallow folder. You might be able to restore the old version of your save folder.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

GOD IS BED posted:

Yeah, I was in permadeath, not doing that again!
Unfortunately, I can't start a new game- the "New Game" prompt is there at the title screen, but after putting in my info, there is no "Begin Game" prompt! What the heck!

e: the no "Begin" prompt may have had to do with my name: "Kill Me"

Your last name has to be 3 characters, I noticed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I love this game but I kind of drifted away after I built my car. I still need to tune it, but if I tune it I'll be able to drive it, and if I drive it I'll likely die, and my perfect beautiful summer car will die with me. Has there been anything in the last couple updates that might mean I should restart anyway?

• Locked thread