Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Coolguye posted:

i really want to buy this game to play it on a big screen with my dad (who worked his way through college by doing carpentry and mechanics) but the reports of all of these bugs make me hesitant :(

I had a bug yesterday where if I got 10 feet away from the house I would fall through the map and reappear in my kitchen. A save and reload fixed it. Theres actually very few bugs for how many people worked on the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Someone mentioned putting away the hose on the sewage truck, how do you do that?

Ive tried right click, use button and dragging it to no avail. I just drive with it dragging behind the truck for now and it hasnt caused any problems, but with these physics you never know.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Falken posted:

So where do I empty all this shite from my truck?

Anywhere, I usually do it on some villager.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

I read on the Steam forums that items that clip out of the world reappear at the airfield. I have no idea where the airfield might be or if it even actually exists.

You drive by it every time you go to the store. Its the long straight paved strip south of the rally track. I think its used for drag racing.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

The only problems with the truck is that it eats a lot of gas and is real expensive to fill up. And it has a weird tendency to slide if you park it on any non-road with the slightest incline. I've gone back to using the van when I'm shopping or whatever. Like you I'm waiting on my car to get out of the shop. I also have homeboy's muscle car but that thing really likes to spin out.

You get 1200 for every septic job. Thats enough to fill the truck up twice I think. Plus you can do about 3 septic jobs a day if you wait for the calls to come in.

The sliding thing has got me stuck a time or two. You can use the hose and drag it under the wheels to move the truck around if you get stuck.

JB50 fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 29, 2016

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Harminoff posted:

Awesome update today!

Wow 2 updates this week! I love this game.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

You aren't really stealing the car since he lets you borrow it. It's also a poo poo cat with controller steering.

You can make a lot of money with wood. I chopped a bunch and made over 2k. Probably the same time as the farther out sewage jobs.

This may be true, but gently caress driving that slow rear end tractor anywhere, plus the time it takes to cut the wood.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

If you buy parts and the guy calls you, you have to go in and pay for them first before the boxes will appear. I figured this out like 3 days later.

Does anyone know how to install the fuel mixture gauge? I got the other 3 installed on top of the dash, but I dont know where this one goes.

Nevermind, found it above and to the right of the light switch.

JB50 fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Oct 29, 2016

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

widespread posted:

So uh... how do I sauna. And how do I lose the dirtiness.

https://a.pomf.cat/skguwm.mp4

Use the knobs underneath to turn it on and let it heat up too 100 degrees (Thermometer on wall) fill up water under shower head, pick up ladle hit F and left click on water then right click on hot coals.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Fell into a sewage hole for the second time. At least you spawn at home now.

GOTY 10/10

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

satanic splash-back posted:

Has anyone created a map with all the important locations marked yet? I can't remember where the wood guy is.

I made this:

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Copper Vein posted:

So the game doesn't care where you empty the pump truck's tank at? Like, you can suck a septic tank dry and then just dump all the poo poo onto dude's front lawn?

Yup.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Falken posted:

Well that's nice. I just spent 4000 on car parts from the mail order. Paid for it, and the parts failed to spawn on the loading bay. gently caress.

You have to pay for the parts at the counter like you do for food. Did you do that?

Related to that I delivered wood one time and took the money from the guy, got down the road and realized the money never registered. Free wood for that drunk.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Does the garage guy do the valves when you get an engine tune?

I went and did that right away and I havent had any problems.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

how me a frog posted:

edit: Also why does the game make a breaking/crashing sound every time I load a save?

Probably the physics taking effect. I seem to hear the beer bottle clinking every time I load.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Is that route quicker? I tried it once, but I hit a tree and died in the Van.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

Yeah, they'll show up as "align" if you mouse over them in non-tool mode. I've never actually tried to do it since I had to have my brakes done back when they were bugged and so I just had him fix the alignment at the same time. I'm pretty sure I accidentally turned those bolts and royally hosed up the alignment in the first place.

Once you get the wheels on you can eye up the alignment good enough to get to the shop. At least I did.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Got my car all together and pimped out. Tought I had run out of things to do. Went a to see how fast I could get it up to on the highway. Got to 160+, blew through a police checkpoint didnt make the turn, hit a tree and died. Got the sewer truck and towed it to the convenience store. Car flips while being towed, but I didnt stop just kept going. By the time I got to the store the car was upright, so I started it up. Car runs, has no exhaust but I had ordered the new exhaust which was at the store when I got there, missing a door as well. Saved the game and went to IRL job.

GOTY 11/10 -IGN

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

JB50 posted:

Got my car all together and pimped out. Tought I had run out of things to do. Went a to see how fast I could get it up to on the highway. Got to 160+, blew through a police checkpoint didnt make the turn, hit a tree and died. Got the sewer truck and towed it to the convenience store. Car flips while being towed, but I didnt stop just kept going. By the time I got to the store the car was upright, so I started it up. Car runs, has no exhaust but I had ordered the new exhaust which was at the store when I got there, missing a door as well. Saved the game and went to IRL job.

GOTY 11/10 -IGN

Trip report:

Towed the Satsuma back home with sewage truck (that trucks rules). Got the van and went back to the main highway and retrieved 2 fenders, drivers door, hood, both bumpers and the stock muffler. Left the windshield as it was smashed (is it even necessary aside from inspection?) Does hitting trees hurt anything in the engine because it seems to work fine?

This game makes the mundane enjoyable 12/10!

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

HATECUBE posted:

it was a literal fistfight to get the exhaust on, i fully assembled it in place and drove it in there over the pit to try. i ended up jacking up the left side and forking up the right to where it almost flipped. that was the only way this playthough got the piece to snap and it took longer than the entire car assembly.

daylight management made me consider pushing it in there, but outside of that you can do everything but a select few bits without moving the body

also the muscle car is a hot piece of garbage. it WASD drives worse than the van, holy poo poo!

Make sure you drive the musle car in 2nd gear. Its much more manageable that way.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

As someone who worked on older cars a long time ago I gotta say it bothers that you dont do any turning of the distributor for the timing. I remember doing this way too much on my old 350 rocket.

Anybody relate?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

I got drunk IRL yesterday and was driving like a champ in this game. I think thats the key.

I also had a dream last night that I bought an engine block and some pistons for a van. For some reason I was worried about how hard it would be to get the old wiring harness out of the old van.

Ive never owned or worked on a van. This game has bled into my psyche.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

HATECUBE posted:

im never driving the van again

the cops pull me over and i wasnt even going 80 because its a loving death trap

then it looses traction and rolls over on the highway

never again

The police checkpoint is only ever in one spot and is easy to avoid:

just take a left at the end of your driveway, a right to get the the highway and go left on the highway. Its the long way to the store but its a super easy drive.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

widespread posted:

After not able to move the Satsuma despite going into different gears, I waited until I got five sewage jobs. After the first, I did the age-old "just drag the hose behind you" thing. I might have lost it? Or does it disappear after a full tank.

Sometimes it snaps off and falls off into the septic tank. If you save and reload it will be back on the truck.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Make sure you push at the tires. This always seems to work for me, even on the sewer truck.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

I just put the letters on the passenger seat and have never lost one.

I can understand the fear though.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Tried to pull away with the hose and it went all T-1000 on me.

Tried to pull up more and the hose got launched into space and continued to deform in the most horrifying ways. At one point it appeared to stretch all the way across the sky.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Driving is easy once you figure out to never turn right at the end of the driveway.

That way only contains despair, and those god drat huge dropoffs on the sides of the road.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

jadebullet posted:

I'm having a problem. I'm filling my fluids and got to coolant. I have the cap off, I put the coolant bottle upside down over the radiator, and the bar appears for a second, doesn't fill, and then disappears.

What am I doing wrong?

Putting fluids in is kind of bugged. You have to get it just right and you will see the bar start to fill up. Make sure you dont move once you see this happen. It takes a bit of finesse and the developer is aware of the situation, it used to be even harder to do until the last patch.

Make sure the jug isnt empty as well. It will say empty coolant when you go to pick it up.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

jadebullet posted:

New problem, is there a way to buy a new piston? I was testing the engine and was revving it a little to hard it seems as there was a loud bang, and now there is a destroyed piston on the ground as well as a crank bearing.

Probably have to tow it to the mechanic and pay him to fix it.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Wood guy is only ever in that one spot.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

tomanton posted:

I hauled it out there, parked it on the gravel, lowered the hatch, tilted the flatbed and nothing happened. When I walked over to the guy and punched him the entire heap of firewood appeared on the ground beneath the trailer instantly :shepface:

You may have punched him a few seconds too early.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Thats pretty much what happened to me at that same house. I think that septic tank is haunted, or goes straight to hell.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Awwww snap guess who got plates!!!

Time to put my rally tires, after market exhaust, headers and carb on.

I passed inspection with the upgraded radiator in so thats cool.

Any advice for running the rally?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

Goddammiit. I need to take all my aftermarket poo poo off so I can get inspected. At least I can leave the radiator in, I guess.

Do I have to take off the racing exhaust, too?

I took mine off and put on the stock just in case.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Colonel J posted:

I pretty much finished assembling the car save for the panels, and I'm not sure what to do now. Seems like here on out everything costs a lot of money (tuning, repairs, inspection, aftermarket pieces, fuel), and the jobs don't pay that much. They also feel really grindy. How did you guys alleviate that? Just suck it up and grind?

Maybe unplugging the phone while I assembled the car was a mistake, I could have done jobs all this time but I wanted a rally car dammit!

You dont have to wait for phone calls. You can pretty much deliver wood to the wood guy everyday. You can also just check the septic tanks to see if they are full and they will pay you when you pump them. Make sure its full to just under the top though or they dont pay up. Ive done too many free septic pumps, learned my lesson.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Colonel J posted:

I see! He just pays based on amount of wood delivered?

Yes, full load of wood is 3200.

I think as long as he is standing on the side of his house you are clear to deliver.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Anybody know where to drop the drunk off at. I know which house it is, but I pulled in his driveway and he wouldnt get out. Do you drop him off by his mailbox or something?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

First rally. Got some work to do:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Patrocclesiastes posted:

Wow Is it supposed to take a really long while for the job phone calls to come in? Ive still got the dart for Fleetari's odd job to vandalize the inspection office which I tried to do but it didnt clear it, apparently didnt have enough poo poo to dump, but my phone has not rang at all since the, no helping the drunk home or anything

I dumped a double load not far from the door and it still didnt take.

Anybody got this to work?

• Locked thread