Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
Does anyone know if you can install the engine with the halfshafts attached? I heard that the car needs the subframe in before dropping the engine in, and I got carried away with installing body stuff so now I can't seem to get the engine installed and the halfshafts won't come off after loosening the bolt attaching it to the spindles. Any help would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
Thanks! I was going crazy for a bit.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
Did the game update to a broken mode? I haven't played in 3 days and now the game crashes on launch.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
Figured out my wheel not being connected was causing the crash.

Also find out that you can assign a button for starting the engine at the start screen! Nice!

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice

JointHorse posted:

Too bad they actually don't do poo poo :v:
I've tried binding different keys in the start window, but the only ones that matter have to be done in-game.

yeah, figured that out. dang.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
Help guys! I've been stuck with my car for a few days, trying to figure out why the clutch only engages at low rpms and then the car stalls out. I found some loose bolts on the clutch line, but that made no difference. Fluids are full, every other bolt seems to be tight. Did I put the clutch together wrong?

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
So when looking at the defaultES2File, it seems there are 3 descriptors for parts: status, installed, and bolted. A lot of parts are listed as "Damaged" (maybe all of them). The car has fallen off the lifts many times- could my car be hosed beyond repair?

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
You can, it takes a lot of looking for the sweet spot.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
Does anyone know where the 9mm bolts for the clutch and brake cylinders are? Looking for leaks on my brakes and can't find these 2 bolts. If anyone has any other suggestions why my brakes don't work, I'm all ears.

e: nvm, found them on the other side of the firewall. So now I just need suggestions on why my brakes are worthless.

e2: aaa I fixed it by making absolutely sure everything was tight and refilling the reservoirs. Holy poo poo! My car runs, drives and starts! Now to get some more seats and body panels on this bitch!

GOD IS BED fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Nov 27, 2016

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
A couple of quick questions:
1. Where is the safety triangle? I assume it's in my house or garage since I haven't seen it in the store, but I don't recall seeing it anywhere?
2. Where is the mailbox to mail letters at? In town? I remember reading that you drop it in a yellow mailbox, but all I can find are green and red ones.
3. Is there a special format the imported tracks must be in? It seems it only likes .ogg files, but when I put some files in the Radio folder, it seems to only import tracks with a filename of "track##.ogg", do I need to rename my files?
I went back several pages but didn't see any answers.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
Awesome, thanks guys!

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
I think I may hate this game now.
Just got the car inspected, driving home to put the plates on. Just passed the shed with the tractor when I flip the car on its side. Trapped inside, fearing I must resume at the last save point. Physics glitches out, I'm outside the car, the car is now rubber side down. Get in to drive in my driveway. Die from exhaustion. Didn't realize what was happening until the death newspaper shows up. Alt-F4, restart the game, Continue is no longer an option.
Jesus loving Christ.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
Yeah, I was in permadeath, not doing that again!
Unfortunately, I can't start a new game- the "New Game" prompt is there at the title screen, but after putting in my info, there is no "Begin Game" prompt! What the heck!

e: the no "Begin" prompt may have had to do with my name: "Kill Me"

GOD IS BED fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Nov 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
Had a full load of lumber attached to my trailer, parked it in my backyard and saved the game. Now the tractor is gone! Any idea where it could be?

e: Found it! It rolled down the hill and stopped against the red barn. For some reason, the tractor will roll off when its parked in the back yard, even with the parking brake on.

GOD IS BED fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 6, 2016

• Locked thread