Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Can you play this game drinking water or soda instead of beer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I'm using the Xbox One controller for driving which is nice for analog gas / steering but is there a way to make the right stick look around?

Also I can't get very far driving in this game without dying. :(

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Carecat posted:

I've found information on how to unload the flatbed but nothing about how you actually deliver or get paid for wood.

Oh I didn't realize you put it in the trailer. I put it all in my van. I couldn't figure out how to give it to the guy so I walked up to him holding a piece of wood and that knocked him unconscious... lol.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Either the patch didn't hit me or it's one of those start-a-new-game patches. I had no ability to sprint (maybe it's unbound by default) and the liquids were next to IMPOSSIBLE to pour. I held the motor oil upside down over the engine and despite the guage showing up and staying on screen it never started filling. The fuel can, on the other hand, couldn't make the meter appear at all for more than a split second no matter how slowly I moved it around. I'd stop the second the meter would appeal and then it'd vanish without filling AT ALL!

And, yes, I had removed all the caps before attempting to fill them. Radiator and brake fluid worked just fine.

What are the other two things to fill up next to the brake fluid?

Yeah, sprint is unbound by default. The fuel fill up doesn't appear instantly and it's really hard to tell if you're getting it right. I haven't gotten to the other fluids yet.

Another bug? Or is something wrong? My tractor has 3/4 of a tank (in fact I haven't used it before) but it stalls out and the gauge goes to zero like there's no fuel. Is it broken, am I doing something wrong, or bug?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Does saving the game advance game time?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

StarkRavingMad posted:

I've never run into that. Are you holding down the ignition until it catches? Do you maybe have it in a high gear while you are trying to start it or something?

I've played around a bit more. It happens if the tractor stalls out (I'm not sure why it stalls out, as I'm in low range moving the trailer slowly). But anyways, if you hold down the ignition trying to restart it your fuel is emptied. I think the solution is to remember to switch off the ignition first then try to restart it.

edit: No I looked at the video I took and I did it that way the first time. Hmm.

Where are the official bug reports?

second edit: Uploaded a video. It doesn't *always* happen. But when it does, all fuel is gone. I noticed the tachometer needle disappears too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55swsFg-eds

third edit: found the bug report forum on steam which the dev checks and posted there.

Kia Soul Enthusias fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Oct 30, 2016

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Hit Alt-f4 before it saves when you die.

I really wish there were jackstands.

Can you tune up the van so it starts easier? I know the death wobble suspension is actually considered a bug for now.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

zedprime posted:

The van start is modeling glow plugs. If you turn the ignition on without cranking it and let it sit for several seconds, it'll usually start up after 2 or 3 turnovers.

Oh I thought that at first but the glow plug light never goes out.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I got my car running (poorly, ticking and popping) and I kind of wanted to joy ride anyway. It shot out a piston. :(

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Davoren posted:

I dunno man, I pushed it into the garage when it wasn't fully assembled. It's not the easiest task but that's this game.

I was completely unable to move the car with J but I've seen people do it in videos. So it means 1) it's changed in a patch or 2) it's buggy. Or probably, both 1 & 2.

HATECUBE posted:

it was a literal fistfight to get the exhaust on, i fully assembled it in place and drove it in there over the pit to try. i ended up jacking up the left side and forking up the right to where it almost flipped. that was the only way this playthough got the piece to snap and it took longer than the entire car assembly.

daylight management made me consider pushing it in there, but outside of that you can do everything but a select few bits without moving the body

also the muscle car is a hot piece of garbage. it WASD drives worse than the van, holy poo poo!

If you're working outside, be sure you turn on the garage lights as it turns on that exterior light which is pretty bright.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

GOD IS BED posted:

So when looking at the defaultES2File, it seems there are 3 descriptors for parts: status, installed, and bolted. A lot of parts are listed as "Damaged" (maybe all of them). The car has fallen off the lifts many times- could my car be hosed beyond repair?

Well I opened that file in WordPad and every single part is listed three times with installed bolted and damaged next to each of them. Also listed are the mail order parts with "ordered" next to all of them. Unless you know more about the file structure than that it doesn't mean anything.

For some reason copying and pasting the code doesn't work but I wanted to show you it has all of the hubcaps written with all three statuses and I've literally not touched them or moved them, etc.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I stole the muscle car by towing it away with my septic truck but the steering gets insanely sensitive. I tried to adjust those little sliders in the controls but I think it only went the wrong way and I can't fricking figure how to click them the right way!!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I was driving on the highway though and for just pushing my joystick a little the wheel turns a lot.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

JointHorse posted:

If you can, play around with the response curves/linearity settings on your joystick.

It's just an xbox controller

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I saw the developer reply to a thread on the Steam forums that the car getting crumpled up by being pushed is really annoying. Hopefully he changes that. It sounds like the game doesn't distinguish between that push and being pushed by another car, etc., though.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I did the shop tuning and they tuned it really lean (16:1 AFR). It starts to backfire when it gets warm though. Hmm.

What is the difference between motor tuning and engine adjustment too?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Electrical Fire posted:

So is it a known bug for certain parts to become impossible to detach? I've got the timing cover on and can't get it off again. I know less than nothing about cars, but I've got a suspicion that the timing belt is supposed to be under the cover rather than sitting on a shelf. I might have to restart, which sucks because I feel like I was finally getting somewhere.

Also, thanks to whoever posted the Datsun service manual. Using it is a nice compromise between tearing my hair out in frustration and just following a guide.

Very simple question, you know right-click is to detach stuff, right? I kinda missed that for a while. I thought just unscrewing everything would make it come off :P

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Electrical Fire posted:

Haha yeah I guess I should have mentioned that I've tried that a hundred times. Other parts come off fine with right-clicking, just not this one.

Be sure the water pump, crankshaft pulley & waterpump pulley are removed first. I would think those might prevent you from removing it. If that doesn't work I'll start a new game and see for myself.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

StarkRavingMad posted:

You apparently can hitchhike from the green car now. Otherwise, if you brought enough booze to drink to make yourself pass out (or can get to the pub), I believe you wake up at home. If neither of those options are available, and you're not near enough to steal the muscle car, you're screwed. You can always quit without saving and reload.

The green car doesn't go up the driveway, which is still a good hike. If it's after dark you can't even see where you're going and it's horrible.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

GOD IS BED posted:

Yeah, I was in permadeath, not doing that again!
Unfortunately, I can't start a new game- the "New Game" prompt is there at the title screen, but after putting in my info, there is no "Begin Game" prompt! What the heck!

e: the no "Begin" prompt may have had to do with my name: "Kill Me"

Your last name has to be 3 characters, I noticed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
What if your last name is Ng?

• Locked thread