Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
To be completely clear, that picture of Trump is completely real, undoctored, and none of us survived that plane crash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

oh thank GOD. Could you even imagine?

Taber
Nov 17, 2007

Malkin's worst nightmare

Jerry Cotton posted:

The lame punchline actually makes it work.

(It is a pastiche, right?)

Power up comics has a long history of insightful political commentary

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Taber posted:

Power up comics has a long history of insightful political commentary
the art has not improved at all

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

That badly drawn Hillary looks like a decently drawn Warren.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Randaconda posted:

the art has not improved at all

It's a very old tradition of parodying 00s gamer webcomics by being bad on purpose. There's no one author.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's a very old tradition of parodying 00s gamer webcomics by being bad on purpose. There's no one author.

oh

:downs:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

It's worth noting this whole storyline is due to the cartoonist being mad a goon kept pointing out his lazy copy+pasting on twitter. 'Harvey' is the thinly-veiled goon insert.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yvonmukluk posted:

It's worth noting this whole storyline is due to the cartoonist being mad a goon kept pointing out his lazy copy+pasting on twitter. 'Harvey' is the thinly-veiled goon insert.

:randpop:

Randaconda has a new favorite as of 12:22 on Feb 8, 2020

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Yvonmukluk posted:

Goon as in S.A. goon?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://twitter.com/extrafabulous/status/1224855299317694464?s=20

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Goon as in S.A. goon?
Yup.

Comic strip megathread :toot:

Elysiume has a new favorite as of 13:11 on Feb 8, 2020

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Scaramouche posted:

Like a lot of stuff from that time it gets increasingly up its own rear end and then a lot of sex happens for no reason.

That's a thing I've heard happens. I kind of remember the stuff the library had getting a bit weird but I was in elementary school so the memories are half there at best. Apparently they still publish new issues which is a shock because I've never met anyone else who has heard of it

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

If you don't start your day with the comic strip megathread, you're missing out :)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm p sure Elfquest is one of those those things written by a couple of old nerds gradually realising no one's left who gives a poo poo if they publish elves loving.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm p sure Elfquest is one of those those things written by a couple of old nerds gradually realising no one's left who gives a poo poo if they publish elves loving.

Elfquest has always been about elves fuckin', even way back in the late 70s when it first started. I've got a big pile of the original comics in a box somewhere in the back of my cupboard.

Oh and here's the co-creator Wendy Pini cosplaying as Red Sonja at a con in the mid 70s:

The Pinis have been gigantic nerds since before most of us were even born. :v:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Goddamn, even nerds were in shape back then

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Phlegmish posted:

Goddamn, even nerds were in shape back then

Tbf there are still cosplayers who are in good shape though

And older gooon nerds who like myself have an amazing six pack and are easily a 9/10 looks wise of course

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm 6'3" of twisted steel and sex appeal :colbert:

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Turns out it was slurping Mountain Dew out of a Yeti.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

:vince:

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Elfquest has always been about elves fuckin', even way back in the late 70s when it first started. I've got a big pile of the original comics in a box somewhere in the back of my cupboard.

Oh and here's the co-creator Wendy Pini cosplaying as Red Sonja at a con in the mid 70s:

The Pinis have been gigantic nerds since before most of us were even born. :v:

Ooh, she's got the end-game legendary full armour set.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

holy poo poo

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The Pokémon world is harsh and uncaring.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Captain Hygiene posted:

The world is harsh and uncaring.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I know I don't care for it.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

gleebster posted:

I know I don't care for it.

Harsh.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

I don't get the last frame, and therefore the entire thing.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

It's an explainer comic for that one gif where Pikachu electrocutes Ash to spare him a longer painful death by drowning

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Pikachu has lightning powers. He electrocutes the human character because said character doesn't want to "drown." This implies that he wants Pikachu to mercy kill him, and then Pikachu does.

It's funny because of the juxtaposition of a children's program with very adult themes. Whereas typically Team Rocket was up to silly and/or goofy hijinks, or perhaps actions with murderous intent which went awry, here we see the end result of such actions if they were to conclude in their intended manner.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

HPanda posted:

Pikachu has lightning powers. He electrocutes the human character because said character doesn't want to "drown." This implies that he wants Pikachu to mercy kill him, and then Pikachu does.

It's funny because of the juxtaposition of a children's program with very adult themes. Whereas typically Team Rocket was up to silly and/or goofy hijinks, or perhaps actions with murderous intent which went awry, here we see the end result of such actions if they were to conclude in their intended manner.

I see, thank you, it makes more sense now.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Are we all just going to ignore that he wouldn't drown if he just holds on to the bars and keeps his face through the grill, like he's doing in the second last panel already?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Megabound posted:

Are we all just going to ignore that he wouldn't drown if he just holds on to the bars and keeps his face through the grill, like he's doing in the second last panel already?

No, we know, it’s just that Ash wants to die.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

gently caress that. I’d much rather drown than be electrocuted.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Wait really? Hell no bring on the jolts.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Tiny Lowtax posted:

So you choose Squirtle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Drowning will just straight-up kill you, at least electrocution gives you a small chance of being reincarnated as a comedic minor god of electromagnetic powers.