Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TapersCrazy
Aug 27, 2016

What is Pokémon Yellow?
Pokémon Yellow is the third of the first generation of Pokémon games released in 1998. Inspired by the anime, the player must take control of a new Pokémon trainer and explore the Kanto region to catch pokémon, earn gym badges and beat the living hell out of a plethora of other trainers. Join me as I do just that and probably get lost at every single turn and get confused by the many different ways this game can be played.

Why LP This Game?
I wanted to LP this game because I have only ever completed Pokémon Silver and that was with the extensive use of guides and the aid of my friend. Therefore I am interested to see how I would cope when playing this type of game with minimal use of guides and only the help of those willing to provide it on the internet. I also watched a few other LP's of this game on YouTube and thought that at would be an excellent start if I ever decided to do more Pokémon LP's.

Can I Make Suggestions?
As I progress through the LP I will be wide open to suggestions on things I should and shouldn't be doing. I will more often than not be unsure as to where to go and if my team of Pokémon will stand up in certain sections of the game. So please feel free to make suggestions or if you think I should be doing things differently.

Playlist

Videos
Episode 1: The World Of Pokémon
I enter the Kanto region as a fresh faced soon to be Pokémon trainer.
This is a game that I find a bit daunting but I will play it the way I feel best!

Episode 2: Viridian Forest
After exploring Viridian City it is time to make our way over the Pewter city.
To be honest I'm surprised I didn't get lost along the way, Viridian forest is like a maze.

TapersCrazy fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Oct 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

ur name is right buddy, this is crazy!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I heard that the best way to beat this game is, as its name suggests, to make an all-electric team. So keep your Pikachu and get say... an Electrode, Magneton, Electabuzz, Hitmonchan (with Thunder Punch!), and of course a Jolteon, because they let you teleport if you're using the European version.

TapersCrazy
Aug 27, 2016

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I heard that the best way to beat this game is, as its name suggests, to make an all-electric team. So keep your Pikachu and get say... an Electrode, Magneton, Electabuzz, Hitmonchan (with Thunder Punch!), and of course a Jolteon, because they let you teleport if you're using the European version.

I think I will be getting a Magneton for sure! I'll keep my eyes peeled for other electric types too.
Although the way I go I will probably end up with a whole bunch of different Pokémon and struggle to choose which ones I like the best.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TapersCrazy posted:

I think I will be getting a Magneton for sure! I'll keep my eyes peeled for other electric types too.
Although the way I go I will probably end up with a whole bunch of different Pokémon and struggle to choose which ones I like the best.

Remember to always release pokemon you don't plan to use, otherwise eventually they'll go extinct. Captive breeding hasn't been invented yet.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Remember to always release pokemon you don't plan to use, otherwise eventually they'll go extinct. Captive breeding hasn't been invented yet.

:five:

Close the thread, its done.

TapersCrazy
Aug 27, 2016

Zanzibar Ham posted:

But if they get released back into the wild they may not know how to fend for themselves!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
In that case how did they survive before you caught them?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

so are you gonna finish P3FES or what?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
If you help the thread reach GOLD, most assuredly!

TapersCrazy
Aug 27, 2016

Zanzibar Ham posted:

In that case how did they survive before you caught them?

I'm gathering not very well since they managed to get caught by a low level trainer like myself!

TapersCrazy
Aug 27, 2016

Regulation Size posted:

so are you gonna finish P3FES or what?

Alas, that game is VERY long and I'll be damned if that's the only thing being uploaded to my channel. :/
It gets uploaded Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Please don't read dialogue in funny voices, especially since they aren't actually funny.

16 minutes in when completing Oak's errand? 27 to beating the rival the first time? Haven't you heard of editing? Oh but I guess the first 4 Rattata battles provide crucial context to the 5th you actually catch, so we can't just assume 3 more go the same way or anything.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I'm all for random ranting over videogame content, but couldn't you have picked up a game that's actually interesting to watch?
Also, voices. Bad, bad idea. Haven't made it much further in the video.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

So, uhh...did they lift the pokemon LP ban?

TapersCrazy
Aug 27, 2016

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Please don't read dialogue in funny voices, especially since they aren't actually funny.

16 minutes in when completing Oak's errand? 27 to beating the rival the first time? Haven't you heard of editing? Oh but I guess the first 4 Rattata battles provide crucial context to the 5th you actually catch, so we can't just assume 3 more go the same way or anything.

Thanks for the comments!

I'm only doing stupid voices because I'm having fun with the LP rather than doing a monotonous speed run of skip text. Of which there are hundreds of.
I did say NUMEROUS times that I have never played this game fully. Ergo it will naturally take me more time to figure out what to do given that every other LP I've watched, the commentator has known exactly where to go.

I take your point about editing, which oddly enough after making videos for a while I have indeed heard of! I'll try cutting out more battles.

TapersCrazy
Aug 27, 2016

Siegkrow posted:

I wasn't aware of any Pokémon LP ban. The video hasn't been picked up by the over sensitive YouTube copyright detector either so.
Your guess is as good as mine!

TapersCrazy
Aug 27, 2016

anilEhilated posted:

I'm all for random ranting over videogame content, but couldn't you have picked up a game that's actually interesting to watch?
Also, voices. Bad, bad idea. Haven't made it much further in the video.

I picked a game that I wanted to do and think I would have fun playing!
In all honesty here the LP platform is so saturated I find it hard to complain about the variety of content out there.

If you have any suggestions I'm happy to take them!

Sorry my voices irritated you, it certainly wasn't the intention at all!
I'm just having fun really.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

TapersCrazy posted:

I'm only doing stupid voices because I'm having fun with the LP rather than doing a monotonous speed run of skip text.

That's all fine and good, but that doesn't make for an entertaining video unless you're good at voice acting and lets face it you're not.

Also I think I've learned more about your personal life than I ever wanted too and not enough about Pokemon. Can you not think of anything worth saying about the video you're commenting on? Who cares about your channel, references to other youtubers nobody knows, or your work schedule I wanted to know about Pokemon Yellow. Have you not read/watch another thread's LP to get a sense of what folks here enjoy about LP? Cause it sure as hell ain't none of what you have going on.

But for real though, finish P3FES

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Siegkrow posted:

It hasn't been around for a while now. The only recent LP however was a glitch exhibition instead of a standard playthrough.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Siegkrow posted:

You're welcome :cool:

Pokemon is a tough nut to crack, OP, but if you keep at it, then maybe, just maybe, you'll be able to evolve Pikachu.

TapersCrazy
Aug 27, 2016

Combat Lobster posted:

That's all fine and good, but that doesn't make for an entertaining video unless you're good at voice acting and lets face it you're not.

Also I think I've learned more about your personal life than I ever wanted too and not enough about Pokemon. Can you not think of anything worth saying about the video you're commenting on? Who cares about your channel, references to other youtubers nobody knows, or your work schedule I wanted to know about Pokemon Yellow. Have you not read/watch another thread's LP to get a sense of what folks here enjoy about LP? Cause it sure as hell ain't none of what you have going on.

But for real though, finish P3FES

That's the whole point right? I'm terrible at voice acting and terrible at Pokémon. This isn't a valid reason not to do it though I find, just because someone says you shouldn't.
I will reduce the amount of stupid voices I do as I value your comments. But I won't stop entirely, no offence.

Sorry, but that's my commentary style in general. I'm playing the game, it doesn't mean I need to talk about it every second. Otherwise it would be a long drawn out reaction video or walk through. I'm not cool with a 30-40 part analysis series personally. My icon says I'm a stupid noob. I balance a job, a university degree and my YouTube channel. I don't have time to do hours of market research for something that is just a hobby to me.

Like I said, I'll cut out the voice acting to an extent and amend my play style to what people suggest. But changing my commentary style that has worked for me for a long time now? Sorry but that's something I just can't bring myself to do :)

Thanks for the comments though! All criticism is good criticism!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Crosspeice posted:

You're welcome :cool:

Pokemon is a tough nut to crack, OP, but if you keep at it, then maybe, just maybe, you'll be able to evolve Pikachu.

No, never evolve Pikachu. He must stay young and innocent... like I wish I had. :smith:

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Haha a blind playthrough of pokemon yellow. Didn't even think that was possible.

Everything about these videos is poo poo but yeah if it's worked for you so far then by all means keep it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TapersCrazy
Aug 27, 2016

sharktamer posted:

Haha a blind playthrough of pokemon yellow. Didn't even think that was possible.

Everything about these videos is poo poo but yeah if it's worked for you so far then by all means keep it up.

Good comment. 10/10!

:supaburn:

• Locked thread