Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Deep (right) with brother, Dark

quote:

Name: Deep
Playbook: The Child-Thing
Look: Girl, scrounge-wear, innocent face, bright eyes, child's body

Stats
Cool =0
Hard -1
Hot +1
Sharp +1
Weird +2

Moves

The mother's heartbeat
When you withdraw into the world’s psychic maelstrom, roll+weird. On a 10+, choose 2. On a 7–9, choose 1. You emerge again, about an hour later, and…
  • …Meanwhile, you can still watch and hear what’s happening where you were.
  • …You can re-emerge in a different place altogether.
  • …You are healed of all harm.
  • …You can bring someone in and out with you.
On a miss, you are in the dark and warm, listening to the mother’s heartbeat, and many hours pass.

Ferocious, snarling, shrieking, biting, and quite possibly rabid
When you go aggro on someone, roll+weird instead of roll+hard.

Gear
  • Keys to Unnernee
  • Spear'd, A long pole with a stabby end (2-harm hand)
  • Hack'd, An iron bar capped with a sharp, circular dome on one end (2-harm hand messy)
  • Dirty, ragged, rat-bitten clothing, complete with a mask made out of a human skull (1-armor)

Den

Unnernee

Long ago, known as the Market Street Subway Station, it was filled with businessmen, housewives, families - now, it's a dark, damp, half-flooded wreck, a remembrance of humanity that many are unable to cope with. But Deep and her clan have claimed this place - with its crooked, labyrinthine, interconnected tunnels and boltways - for their own. They call it Unnernee, for indeed, it is underneath almost everything in the Shoals, only accessible through several unlit, locked passageways that few have the keys to. Of course, once inside, it's not much to talk about - almost everything lies in ruins, its only saving grace the sheer fact that it leads to more and more abandoned stations just like it, and from them, a way into ancient underground vaults, cavernous, echoing, and endless. It's only a miracle at this point that the whole area hasn't flooded, perhaps a miracle as unfathomable as the Shoals remaining as well. Of course, to Deep, this place has but one small glimmer of light, a calendar, perfectly preserved, showing beautiful people in beautiful places. She'll stare at that calendar, posted behind a long-shattered glass panel in the conductor's office, for hours on end - wishing to be anywhere... anywhere but Unnernee.

Wolves of the Maelstrom
The maelstrom’s wolves are hunting you - Deep calls them the Growlers.

Under their disguises, they look like people, but they have wolves’ faces and they have awful voices. They're perversions of birth.

Child-Thing Special
In addition to food, you eat bizarre things: metal, people, plastic, minds, electricity, art. At the end of the session, if you’ve eaten something from this list that belongs or belonged to another player’s character, you know them better, and get +1Hx with them. If this brings you to Hx+4, reset to Hx+1 and mark experience as always.

Hx
On your turn, ask each other character in turn:
  • Are you a wolf of the maelstrom?
If they say yes, tell them what they look like under their disguise, and write Hx-2. If they say no, write Hx-1. If they say anything else — that they don’t know, that they’d rather not say, anything — write Hx+1 and keep your eye on them.

Allayoo, where go? I think to myself for the billionth time, Where go and why leave Deep alone?!. I scream and throw my hands against the glass barricade once more, knowing it won't collapse, knowing it won't even if I do it a billion more times. Here'd be Growlers soon'n if Deep gets catched, well, it'd be youse at fault, Dark!

I sigh and spin around, collapsing against the glass and resigning myself to the circumstances. Weeks ago, Dark and I found this place - Unnernee - and finally believed to have a home. For all my life, we've been on the run - from big things, from people, especially from the Growlers. But Dark never had the heart to tell me why. Just that we had to keep running - keep hiding - keep looking for a place where we could be free of them.

We thought that was here. But then Dark disappeared.

I still can remember his last words to me. Allayoo, stay! Mefinds some scratch and bring'd it back to yoos. Stay! So I stayed behind, with what few things he had managed to gather since our arrival. But now - the food is running out. The water is running out. And Dark still isn't back! He's never been gone this long - he's never even gone a night without returning. But now almost a week has passed, and no Dark.

I slam my fist into the ground. Wachoo think yoo doing Dark?! Mekkin me comin'n findya? Still, no getting around it. So, I grab my weapons, Spear'd and Hack'd, some foodbits, allacrap, and head back up to the surface.

Time to find my brother, escape the Growlers, make some scratch, and find out why me'n'him even exist... in no particular order.

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Nov 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Application done, above.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

• Where in the Unnernee is even Dark afraid to go?

Wherzun place Dark nogo? I titter, That'd be Centrastayshe! Buried deep behind mountains of wrecked traincars, not far from the part of Unnernee that Deep and Dark call home, is Centrastayshe - Central Station. The only accessible part of Centrastayshe is past a flooded area of the tunnel that Dark refuses to enter - he refuses to attempt the swim. He'n a scaredee! Deep, true to her name, dares the dive often, and enjoys exploring the large area. Sure'n be some skellytuns layn 'bout but 's nice 'n big 'n no Dark'n here! As far as she can tell, she's the first person to discover the place in a very, very long amount of time - but there is a locked door on the far end that she can't seem to break through. 'N nossure I wanna! When she puts her ear up against the door, and stays very silent, she can hear a faint growling noise on the other side.

• Who have you been keeping an eye on?

Guffy

Ther's be a kind oldman 'n a skiffer whozalways tryn'a talk'n me aboard. The old man, who calls himself Guffy - at least to Deep - seems to be hunting for ways into Unnernee. He tries to hide this fact from Deep and Dark, but isn't very good at it. Still - he treats them nice, and offers them some small amount of food and water whenever possible. Which, of course, makes them extremely suspicious. He'n's a nice oldman but noshow him into Unnernee nosirree!

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

To Everyone: 'Ey, is yoo'n growler?

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Tricky posted:

Which of you did I meet when I first emerged from the USS America?

Deep did. And probably wasn't that helpful!

Brainamp posted:

Which one of you once left me bleeding, and did nothing for me?

Deep volunteers to, if you'll have her indifference. She probably stole something from you and ate it too.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Josef bugman posted:

Which of you is my favourite?

Clearly, the tiny scamp that hangs out outside and eats practically anything you throw at her. (Up to you :))

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Frgrbrgr posted:

To Everyone: 'Ey, is yoo'n growler?

Takanago posted:

Most certainly not.

Don'trust 'm Cistern boyos. Dey'n hav'd too manyrules. Raycatcha da wors'one. 'E smells ron'.

Tricky posted:

Which of you did I meet when I first emerged from the USS America? Deep: Hx+1

What are you even talking about? Growlers?

Jaym be'd a niceman. I'd fin'im wandrin' roun' da Shoalies 'n 'e was'n jo'in. I leddim ta Mistagalla's Cloudba 'n showed'im some grubbins. Jaym smellsnice.

Brainamp posted:

Which one of you once left me bleeding, and did nothing for me?

How'd you know?

Melikes Roxxie - she'n stronggirl 'n fites hard. Too baddabout dat she'died. Good ting tho cuz I finna snackies innaboots. Tast'd goodyum!

Note: Deep thinks Rox died, hence stealing something from her and leaving her to die. What a shock this'll be!

Josef bugman posted:

Don't intend to be, storms been brewing too long to say who is, whelp.

Mistagalla! 'E gimme sum grubbins 'n wata summatime 'n treats menice.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

PoultryGeist posted:

Sinclair is highlighted by Deep

Gallows Glass is highlighted by Deep

Oi man Jaym haddum bucklies onnis shirt 'n I ated 'em. Dey tastied Weird.

A'so Mistagalla summatime givey me da Hot foodums.

PoultryGeist posted:

BEHOLD MY MIGHTY ART!

Da' secret to finding Unnernee? Is hided in Da Jumblie.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

PoultryGeist posted:

Hey folks,. Just checking to see if we're running into holiday/end-of-semester time crunches or other such issues.

Deepie be postin' ent no lazyfishee

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Very in

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Grrrrum dem newcubbers be'n fishy 'n smellie. Jaym! Halpin' me's!

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Quizzin fo' yooums

quote:

'Ey, is yoo'n growler?

Error 404 posted:

Can I trust you?

Iz trustin sumfen yoo canna yumsnacks? Don' yumsnacks me, yoo!

TychoBrahesNose posted:

Can I count on you to tell me the truth?

'Nuver trustinz! O, iz sumfin like liezes? Nah, me no snickerbitch. Yoo'uns can trustie mee cuz I fen no scurred o' nufinks.

Deep Hx
Jaym: 1
Ashra: -2
Marln: ?
Perl: -1

Error 404 posted:

Deep - I am definitely a Wolf of the Maelstrom. But maybe I don't know it?

Yoo get un ratface on 'n' smellins like shitpiss allatime. Don' yoo cum 'nee closah t'me! Jaym! Helpins!

TychoBrahesNose posted:

Ah-woooo!
Nah, I'm just playin'! But sometimes you gotta play the wolf to run with the pack, amirite?

Sumbitch dis no gaim.

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Mar 14, 2017

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Oi man Jaym haddum bucklies onnis shirt 'n I ated 'em. Dey tastied Weird.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Tricky posted:

Man, I still don't know what Weird poo poo Deep did to the reactor. And what the heck are kattins, anyways?

Dey scare n' fukkill allayall if'n ya don' fukkin' gib me summadat yumsnacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
I think I'm tapping out - thanks for the run PG!

• Locked thread