Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Music Theory

Alright, I feel like writing stuff, ya'll want some hot fresh content for the 36-person subforum, and I don't feel like coming up with a coherent plot. So, we're gonna have ourselves an improv CYOA, which basically means that I'm just gonna write whatever. That sounds like poo poo, I hear you say. Not so! With my patented CYOA technique, you get hopefully entertaining stuff, and I probably won't burn out because I can not care about whether I'm writing well. That didn't address the italicized statement and I'm done writing a preamble!

---

You find yourself standing before the entrance to a cave. Now, I don't mean "find yourself" in a walkabout sort of sense; I mean it in a "the last thing you remember is reading BYOB and you feel like no time has passed since then" sort of sense. Being a wise yobber, experienced in the ways of magical happenings, you check your inventory. You've got nothing but your clothes and some pocket lint, heck yeah! While celebrating this incredible discovery, you recall your contractual obligations as the point of view character in this story, so you turn around and discover that, to add an element of choice to the choose-your-own-adventure, the author has conveniently placed a road leading away from the cave, surrounded by forest. Faced with this conundrum, you decide to consult the real BYOB for guidance.

What say you, real BYOB? What should your game world representative do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner

AN A+ OPSTER (:
poo poo pants

e: wait this is BYOB...

-- look cave

posting smiling
listen closely to the lint for signs of any whos

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
go around looking for food and markings

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Touch thr cave

Music Theory

You tell yourself to examine the cave and look for food, and you agree that food would be pretty nice right now. No, you say, you need to examine the cave, too. Oh, you say, you'll do that. So you get to doing that.

First, you check your pocket lint for food. You find nothing but more pocket lint. You return the lint to your pocket lest it grow stronger in the light of the morning sun. You check the walls of the cave. Bare, with a hint of bear; it seems that this cave was once used by an ancient bear civilization. At least, that's what the markings, which are crudely scratched in modern English, say. You look further into the cave and realize that you don't have a light with you, so you only see darkness past a certain point.

You also find some spotted red mushrooms growing near the entrance, in case you feel like eating mysterious fungus.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
eat mysterious fungi

Fredflonston

Luvcow posted:

eat mysterious fungi

Pack mysterious fungi in space between lip and lower teeth

Nooner

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Charge headfirst fullspeed into the cave with no regard for personal safety

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Nooner posted:

after we do this though:

Fredflonston posted:

Pack mysterious fungi in space between lip and lower teeth

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
lick the cave

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

social vegan

buy the cave a drink first

Munchables

Look for probe warning signs

Piso Mojado

> Ask someone to summarize the op

vanisher

Piso Mojado posted:

> Ask someone to summarize the op

Challenge accepted. I will attempt to create animated GIFs summarizing the op with manageable file sizes. I will probably end up contributing junk and for this I apologize in advance.

vanisher fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Oct 30, 2016

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Piso Mojado

vanisher posted:

Challenge accepted. I will attempt to create animated GIFs summarizing the op with manageable file sizes. I will probably end up contributing junk and for this I apologize in advance.

You are a treasure, thank u

Munchables

Piso Mojado posted:

You are a treasure, thank u

vanisher

Nooner posted:

poo poo pants
e: wait this is BYOB...
-- look cave

Yobgoblin posted:

go around looking for food and markings

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
after eating fungus there is no doubt the lint has a Who talking to us. We are now Horton the Elephant inside a cave listening to a Who, inside a lint ball (whether it is or not, because fungus)

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Music Theory

Was busy over the weekend, will update while waiting in line at Starbucks later.

Music Theory

Vanisher is a national treasure.

---

Being the physical manifestation of a pastel comedy forum, you feel that it is your destiny to eat the mushrooms, so you decide to get it over with. They taste pretty good, savory with a hint of lemon, so you put some in your inventory to save for later.

With that done, you turn towards the cave. You, a pragmatist, decide that going to town for a flashlight or something would be too time consuming, so you saunter on in to the foreboding darkness. The light from the entrance of the cave slowly fades away. You hear nothing but your own soft footsteps echoing against the walls. A distant dripping sound drifts from further down in the cave. A sudden click interrupts the darkness as two beams of light begin to emanate from your eyes.

With your newfound, likely mushroom related superpower, you examine the cave like a professional cave inspector, poring over every detail, letting nothing by your illuminated gaze, taking note of every building code infraction. The cave is primarily composed of standard cave material, with numerous standard to formations protruding and intruding and eroding and generally doing what cave formations are known to do. You also find some more bear drawings, which suggests that the author of this game is setting up same sort of encounter with bears or bear-related paraphernalia somewhere down the line.

Besides the cave formations and ancient bear art, you also see an abandoned guitar. Exits are to the north (farther in) and south (back out of the cave).

Munchables

I shred the guitar most excellent, playing only Faith No More and Mr. Bungle songs.

vanisher

Luvcow posted:

eat mysterious fungi

Nooner posted:

Music Theory posted:

(night sight gained)

Piso Mojado

lol

Zorodius

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I reproduce by spontaneous binary fission

Music Theory

Zorodius posted:

I reproduce by spontaneous binary fission

You don't have that power yet.

Zorodius

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I begin practicing my hadoukens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fredflonston

Pick up the guitar and begin to set it up checking action, intonation, etc.

then this

Munchables posted:

I shred the guitar most excellent, playing only Faith No More and Mr. Bungle songs.

• Locked thread