Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Does anyone play survival? I re-picked the game up with the season pass on sale and survival seems like the most interesting thing. I rolled a new character and got myself to my BoO but cannot figure out how to enter "survival"

I also don't really understand crafting mats. I see that there are yellow rare mats, but there are also yellow rare "division tech" mats. What is the difference?

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Rick_Hunter posted:

You enter survival in the terminal. The terminal is behind the BoO. Enter the main door and run west until you find some open double doors leading down. Once you get there you'll see what's basically a subway station with the special equipment vendor, the blueprint vendor, your stash, and blue ammo box. You'll also see lines on the ground leading to various activities. Pink = global event, Green = Underground, Blue = Last Stand/Skirmish, Yellow = Survival. Head to the survival door to queue for a game or queue for a group for a game.

Mats work like this:
Green -> Blue -> Yellow
10 green = 1 blue
15 blue = 1 yellow

You can condense crafting mats at the crafting station. The station is next to the recalibration station and optimization station.

Thank you. What is the distinction between a normal yellow mat and a "division tech" yellow mat?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Kibayasu posted:

To add onto what Rick_Hunter said I believe Survival only drops gear for the highest level? So you unfortunately you can't use it to gear a character below that. It will get you gear you can throw onto yourself right away at level 30 to get you to World Tier 5 at least.

As for Division Tech its original use was for crafting the best weapons and gear. The crafting that takes Division Tech is mostly useless these days though. Now Division Tech is used for the Optimization Station, also found in the Terminal, which gradually upgrades the stats (at 250k credits and 50 DT per pop) of what you optimize to their best possible value.

Regular yellow materials are also used for crafting stuff but those, depending on the blueprints, are actually useful. You can buy high end blueprints also from a vendor in the Terminal but those blueprints cost Phoenix credits, an end-game currency.

Don't bother crafting or optimizing until you're in the end game.

Cool thanks! Is there any distinction on what earns division tech vs normal mats? Also is the darkzone cool and good or still lame and bad as it was when I stopped playing a few months after initial release?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

About every minute or so my game completely locks up for about a second, then it continues as normal. Does this happen to anyone else? Any known fixes?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

So I hit 30 on my character and I feel.... Aimless? I don't know what to do, and everything I try to do punishes me hard. Also there is a mission about a housing building being blown up that I have to do solo it seems but my weak character cannot manage it.

I guess I just don't know what to do. I did some high value target stuff, and I've acquired some great score items (my gs is like 70) but I still feel lost.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Roman posted:

I think tonight at 7 EST, the double proficiency cache weekend event starts. You normally would get one cache for every 4 collectibles, you'll now get 2, so it's a good time to start that.

I thought it was best to wait till world tier 5 to do collectibles. I am only on world tier 1.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Fuzz posted:

You did them at T5 but with the world set to T1 so you can basically ignore enemies and be a tiny, well armed god.

Oh so it scales to the highest level world you can enter, and not the one you are currently in?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

I want to be a supporty boy. Gun shooty is fun but I want to be a skillsman, with super low cooldowns and powerful abilities. What should I work towards?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Is there anyway to raise gear score on a weapon or gear? I have an exotic that is cool but it is only level 180, and I am world tier 5 now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

I did the highest difficulty weekly high risk Target and it was very easy.

• Locked thread