Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

Shoehead posted:

There's also that moment every programmer will have were something works, and it maybe shouldn't and YOU DON'T KNOW WHY IT DOES.

I still don't know how I managed to make tea potions give back the teacups in one of my Morrowind mods. I tried writing a perfectly logical script at first, then tweaked it until it actually worked, and ended up with something that shouldn't work and gently caress if I know why it does. :psyduck:

And I thought network maintenance was like being a witch doctor. Modding Bethesda games it's like Sheogorath is built into their crappy code.

Stuporstar fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Dragonwagon posted:

Remember that Skyrim sex mod with the complicated controls? Guess who installed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEmcpnqIVfI

Does anyone have a link to that mod being reviewed by the dude who sounds like a badass viking? It's so far back in the thread, I can't find it.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

That's the dude. Thanks!

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Skippy McPants posted:

Apparently! Pratchett liked Oblivion a lot, and the dude was always pretty gracious with his fans. Still a weird little tidbit.

I should have made this for Oblivion. Maybe he would have seen it. :smith:

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

https://youtu.be/i79ajsB4zRc

This is all my fault I’m so sorry https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46852

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Max Wilco posted:

Okay, but why does it give a Fortify to Sneak? I don't see the correlation.

The guy who did the scripting gave each pillow a different magical buff related to the character on it. I don’t even know what they all are, I just made the pillows as a joke. A joke that got taken waaay too far :stonklol:

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

aniviron posted:

Man you guys all way overthought the FO2 problem. I have been playing it this week, and I just enter combat, walk past the door without shooting anyone, and exit combat. They can't pickpocket you during your combat turn.

:same:

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Me: dammit, not again. You can’t take Marcus anywhere

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Magmarashi posted:

If anything is really out of place about the skeletons and teddy bears and poo poo, it's that none of them are posed in 69 or doggiestyle or what have you, cause the more things change the more they stay the same.

So where’s the mod for this? Please tell me there’s a mod for this

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Helith posted:

This is my favourite mod so far this year for Skyrim
He started out with just rumpled versions of rugs then people in the comments asked if there was any way to straighten them back out so he added that in
Then people commented how funny it would be if you could trip on the rumpled rugs so he went and added that too!
Who knows what’s next

Well poo poo, now he needs to let the player rumple the rugs on purpose, giving them a temp increased chance of tripping so they can be used strategically

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

John Murdoch posted:

And I have to wonder...are there mods to make the boats and silt strider rides animate in real time? I mean, a quick loading screen isn't nearly as immersive as the real thing, right?

There is, and they made boat/strider travel feel more worthwhile even though it takes a lot longer to get there. Of course the option to skip all that is still there for once you get bored of it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42270
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42267

As much as I love Morrowind, I can no longer play it without mods (I spent way more time modding than playing tbh). I’d also install the MWSE multimark mod, which I like better than later game fast travel systems since you can mark exactly where you want rather than having only select landmarks unlock

Stuporstar fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 28, 2023

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Nalesh posted:

Playing videogames? How do you even find the time after setting up a modlist.

This tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Schubalts posted:

The Nexus started its own Unofficial Patch page for Starfield, and it's going to be an open group effort. Arthmoor can be completely ignored on Starfield.

Really hope everyone’s so sick of his poo poo, they do the same for whatever Elder Scrolls game eventually gets made