Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smoobles

why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
it's a long and complicated process to make it?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
peanuts, tho: still hard to get

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
*stewardess walks across the tarmac pushing a cart laden with 12oz cans of jet fuel*

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
what is the deal with these carriages that aren't pulled by horses?! :jerry:

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Android Blues

why does it cost so much to get the planes yummy num nums for its big gasoline tum tum so we can go in the sky

Android Blues

Android Blues posted:

why does it cost so much to get the planes yummy num nums for its big gasoline tum tum so we can go in the sky

to wit: what's the deal with airplane food

Historical Wizards

Planes are pickier eaters these days

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

FutonForensic

i can't get my plane to eat its peas. i try to do the airplane with the spoon but it just starts crying something about cannibalism

social vegan

it's hard to milk rocks with all these great new ps vita games to play

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

FutonForensic posted:

i can't get my plane to eat its peas. i try to do the airplane with the spoon but it just starts crying something about cannibalism

because you have to go like, "here comes the person!" and make hurf a durf sounds while you finger walk the food (aka fuel) to it

Darkman Fanpage
jet fuel can't melt the hunger in my tummy

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

*stewardess walks across the tarmac pushing a cart laden with 12oz cans of jet fuel*

FutonForensic posted:

Hugh Malone posted:

because you have to go like, "here comes the person!" and make hurf a durf sounds while you finger walk the food (aka fuel) to it

lol

Zorodius

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
planes are all vegan now, they only eat non-animal fossil fuels

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
Why don't they make the fuel out of the same stuff as the black box recorder?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Im Ready for DEATH

It all began with the forging of the Great Rings. Three were given to the Elves; immortal, wisest and fairest of all beings. Seven, to the Dwarf Lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls. And nine, nine rings were gifted to the race of Men, who above all else desire power. For within these rings was bound the strength and the will to govern over each race. But they were all of them deceived, for another ring was made. In the land of Mordor, in the fires of Mount Doom, the Dark Lord Sauron forged in secret, a master ring, to control all others. And into this ring he poured all his cruelty, his malice and his will to dominate all life. One ring to rule them all.

And that's why fuel prices are so high, Charlie Brown.

alnilam

airline finance dept trading in chicken, pasta, biscoff cookie futures to hedge against price volatility in their on-board meals

Fredflonston

Oil that is.

black gold

Texas tea

joke_explainer

jet fuel prices are actually down on average this year:

Though a bit up from Jan.

problematic hug

joke explanation: ERROR ERROR

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
My plane won’t eat anything unless it’s shipped overnight from Vermont or Washington state.

alnilam

i got my plane to run on ethanol and then got a bunch of free southwest airline drink vouchers w my southwest credit card, been saving a lot on airplane fuel thanks in part to southwest's great deals and primo customer service

Manifisto

sous vide jet fuel
jet fuel carpaccio
jet fuel emulsion with jet fuel foam

it's not the ingredients op, it's a combination of labor costs and the trendiness tax

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
Plus they serve jet fuel on these giant plates but it's these tiny little artsy servings that look really pretty but drat that's not going to feed a single engine cessna much less a 747

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
deconstructed jet fuel

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I heard Delta or somebody saved 360k/yr by getting rid of Skymall magazine

Because of the weight savings

There's no joke here aside from: Skymall magazine

I apologize

Manifisto

plus you know they really make their money on the beverages

[jet fuel sommelier]: I really think a chilean fuel would go best here: subtly demure yet playfully articulate, with flinty notes in the isooctane

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

Hugh Malone posted:

I apologize

that's some rude fuel capacity shaming

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Pls post your favorite sky mall purchsaes

I DINT THINK SO

sorry

Robot Made of Meat

At least they can still use metal spoons to feed the plane, because many plastics melt in jet fuel. And it's not like they need to fork or knife it into the plane anyway.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Zorodius

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Hugh Malone posted:

Pls post your favorite sky mall purchsaes

a high-quality artisanal pineapple inverter

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Hugh Malone posted:

I apologize

Now where will I get an inflatable, floating pool chair with solar powered fan and am/fm radio?

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Now where will I get an inflatable, floating pool chair with solar powered fan and am/fm radio?

Donate to public radio?

FreshCutFries

this thread title has made me laugh multiple days in a row

Instruction Manuel

Yes, it is what it looks like!

FutonForensic posted:

Maybe your plane thought you were doing a racist caricature of it :mad:

Im Ready for DEATH

Thingyman posted:

this thread title has made me laugh multiple days in a row

I like your Sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the littlest prince

most planes are demanding gluten free fuel but it just doesn't taste as good and they reject it, and demand better options. so now we have producers making regular fuel but using vague packaging which costs more, so that the plane sommeliers can imply that it's gluten free. kind of a laugh riot if you ask me

• Locked thread