Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Dexo posted:

a mix of ignorance, sexism, FYGM(shouts to Peter Thiel) mostly

Also those groups are such a blip on the radar the media gives them a platform because they are such a unicorn(I.E why CNN/Fox/MSNBC had so many segments called "BERNIE VOTER WHO'S VOTING FOR TRUMP"). And Social media allows for p much anyone to put an avatar of a black person and role play out their Black person voting for Trump.

I feel like some of these people also realized Republicans are desperate to look inclusive and Not Racist, and any minority with few enough scruples to assist that narrative is going to be handsomely rewarded with money and attention.

And there's always a place for religious extremism within the Republican Party too, regardless of color. See Ben "Hillary is literally a servant of Satan" Carson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

Black Lives Matter made it to the president's office. That's pretty good evidence that someone is, in fact, listening.

When I saw Bill Clinton get into an argument during a rally with two Black Lives Matters protesters on live television over the merits of his 1993 crime bill, that was the moment I realized they were legit. They've done a drat good job pushing the issue of criminal justice reform, although we'll see if they can keep up pressure once election season is over.

• Locked thread