Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«27 »
  • Post
  • Reply
DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company


1

4, 6, 11


Try not to hurt anyone who doesn't deserve it. Cause distraction and chaos with gunshots and armor, then get the hell out of Dodge; these people are just lackeys, after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

3

4, 6, 11

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010

Q.E.D.



1 4 6 11

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn


1 4 6 7

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

1

12
Send out an illusion, teleport behind them

LucyWanabe
Nov 4, 2009


1. We may be godlike, but that doesn't mean we can randomly kill anybody we feel like.

8. The more you practice, the better you get at it!
10. Why not, let's gently caress around with the rules of physics!
9. A double means another target for them, and something else to track. Also, double the fun.


Oh, you got to two number 10s there, Birthday.

LucyWanabe fucked around with this message at Nov 7, 2016 around 23:27

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Can I say "shit" around the baby?


Grimey Drawer

1

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012



Grimey Drawer

3

6 7 8

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.




Your heart beats like an engine as the air heated up around you. You pull out the pistol and hold it in front of you, sighting along it down vectors that flicker into existence in your mind’s eye.

2d6 = 5 vs. 1d6 = 5 [Tie Goes To Nisa!]

In a moment of perfect clarity, you empty the entire magazine at precise angles into the wall behind you. You feel rather than see them ricochet twice before striking your assailants in the temple, guts, or elbows. The orchestra of violence loses a few instruments, but not nearly enough. You drive clawed hands into the steel deck plates, twisting and drawing the metal into your flesh in woven strands. You roll out of cover, a Titan of living metal, and charge.

2d6 = 6 vs. 3d6 = 11

You feel an impact in your ribs, and it drives the wind out of you. You stumble against a pillar, distractedly feeling at the wound. You're bleeding. Armor-piercing ammo? You feel start to feel woozy, and all too mortal. The door. You see the door you came from. You make a break for it, bullets pinging off your sloughing flesh.

2d6 = 4 vs. 1d6+4 = 8

A bullet takes you through the calf, and you drop. You recover into a roll, but then the soft *whumph* of a grenade launcher fills you with dread. White phosphorus pours down onto you, into your wounds. You die screaming a metal-tearing roar.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.




Your name is - or was - Nisa Negu. You are - or were - a graduate student in Germany. A good one, too, with plans to move on to do a Phd.



Four years ago, something happened to you. Something awakened in you and everything else started to seem obsolete. You left school and wandered the world, your nascent powers easing your way.



Somewhere along the line you got roped into crime. There was nothing they could do to you - but they had your mother. Your control was lacking, you couldn't save her, couldn't be sure you wouldn't hurt her worse than they ever could. You did some horrible things.



Then your mother died - an accident, unplanned for - and just like that you were free. You slipped your bonds and hid under an assumed identity for a year. Then they found you. Then they killed you.

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at Apr 24, 2017 around 20:15

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.




You consciousness floods back to you in jerks and starts, like a lightbulb flickering in a dark room. They found you, somehow. They pulled you off the street in broad daylight, and now they’re bringing you back to him. Your old, false life was gone now - must have been over a while now, if they found you that easily - and all that remained was what was ahead. They wanted what you had, what you were, and they would take it from you if they had to, but you wouldn’t stop fighting them. You would never, ever, give up...

Wait.

You’d been here before. The ropes - not chain - bound you to a familiar chair. You were on a boat. You remembered escaping… running, killing as you went. And then they’d killed you. Only, they hadn’t - you were here, and everything was back the way it was. No, not everything. You flexed your muscles under the ropes, listened to them straining to keep you tied down. You were stronger than you were before. What could you do now, you wondered?

-o-
But first you needed to get out of this chair. You took in your surroundings - again - with the little light available to you: you were tied to a chair with several long lengths of rope. One lightbulb swung lazily above you, illuminating almost nothing; it looked like you were in some sort of supply closet. You were alone for now, but you could hear voices, dimly, through the steel walls. Snoring, too.

You still had no idea how long you’d been out or how close you were to your destination. Time to go. Again. This time, you’d do it right.
    1. Untie the Ropes [Difficulty 1]
    The ropes are tight, but you’ve been in worse binds. You chuckle at your own cleverness and try to methodically work your way out of the ropes.
    2. Break Out of the Ropes [Difficulty 2]
    What, rope? They should have used chain or cable. You flex against your bonds.
    3. Call for Help [Difficulty 0]
    You heard people outside - maybe you can call them in and figure out just what the hell is going on.
    4. Blast a Hole in the Wall [Difficulty 3]
    A droplet of condensation slides down your palm. You let it slide down your hand, then grip it between finger and thumb. With a flick, you release the energy trapped within it and blast down the wall.
    5. Hop Out of your Body [Difficulty 3]*
    Your body is useless, now. You slide your way out of it, seeking out the snorer just outside. And this time you’ll try not to land on your face.
    6. Sink the Ship [Difficulty 5]
    He wants you, does he? He’ll have to try harder than this. You grip the arms of the chair and send a pulse of energy through the contact points. The ship won’t survive it, but you will. You’re still not certain whether there’s civilians on the boat, though...
    7. Write In [Difficulty ?]
    Write anything. A few short sentences at most - I’ll assign it a Difficulty.
---
If it wasn’t explicit enough - your dicepool remains the same. Choices you took last time are marked with an asterisk (*), while choices you succesfully took are marked with a diamond (♦). Diamond marked choices do not need to be rolled for again - if you did it while you were weaker, you can do it now.

LucyWanabe
Nov 4, 2009


4. Maybe this time, with greater control of our powers, we'll be able to make the escape that we want.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Can I say "shit" around the baby?


Grimey Drawer

Can we manifest a dead person's consciousness or a living person's?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

1.

Or maybe we'll get some of that sweet momentum with an easy action that accomplishes largely the same thing.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.


RandomPauI posted:

Can we manifest a dead person's consciousness or a living person's?

Birthday Oral posted:

7. Write In [Difficulty ?]
Write anything. A few short sentences at most - I’ll assign it a Difficulty.[/list]
You can do ANYTHING, but certain things are more Difficult than others!

Olive Garden tonight!
Mar 16, 2015

This is American style.
French style. Japanese style.
Italian, specifically Naples style.
The world's fingers for
'FUCK OFF'.


Go for broke! 4.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012



Grimey Drawer

Birthday Oral posted:

You can do ANYTHING, but certain things are more Difficult than others!

7--gain 6 momentum

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.


SerSpook posted:

7--gain 6 momentum

Difficulty 10

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn


4

Olive Garden tonight!
Mar 16, 2015

This is American style.
French style. Japanese style.
Italian, specifically Naples style.
The world's fingers for
'FUCK OFF'.


Birthday Oral posted:

Difficulty 10

Hey, we could still technically beat it!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Let's try a different approach this time... Bribery.

7. Call the guards. Transmute your chair into diamonds. There's more where that came from if they point you to the way out.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012



Grimey Drawer

Birthday Oral posted:

Difficulty 10

so you're saying its possible

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.


SerSpook posted:

so you're saying its possible

Spook ol' pal, when has setting a precedent ever bitten me in the rear end?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012



Grimey Drawer

Birthday Oral posted:

Spook ol' pal, when has setting a precedent ever bitten me in the rear end?

excellent

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being


1

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company


5. We have a better chance this time!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010

Q.E.D.



Well drat, let's do the hardest first choice until we succeed then. 6. Might as well get ourselves a good start. We VS THE SHIP, ROLL IT

Sigourney Cheevos
Jun 19, 2006



5. New body could be very useful!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.




This time, you draw energy into a water droplet, setting it to glow dully. With a little extra push, you should get some partial fusion going on here, and really get stuff cooking. You compress it a little more, and flick it with one finger towards the wall.

2d6 = 3 vs. 3d6 = 6 [Momentum Lost!]

The water droplet strikes the wall with a tiny flash of light and steam. You feel massively silly, and are pretty glad no one was around to see it. Not that they would have known what you were doing, and not that the opinion of your kidnappers mattered all that much. In any case, you waited for the guy to come around and check on you like he did last time.

He never arrived. Of course not - you hadn’t fallen over and smashed your face into the floor, hadn’t clattered and clanged and all that. You could hear him still snoring away out there. This was all new to you, but you'd grown used to taking things in stride. That being said, even though you'd managed to cheat death once doesn't mean you could count on it next time. You'd just have to wing it, same as always.
    1.Untie the Ropes [Difficulty 1]
    Take your time and slip out of your bonds.
    2.Break Out of the Ropes [Difficulty 2]
    Tear your way out of the flimsy ropes. They're underestimating you.
    3. Nightmare [Difficulty 3]
    Give the sleeper outside some nasty nightmares. Really mess him up, and maybe gain some Intel, too.
    4.Put out the Light [Difficulty 1]
    Knocking out the light shouldn’t be too tough - it might give you an advantage when your guard comes in. Oh, you also make a bunch of noise, so that the guard actually does come in.
    5.Set the Room on Fire [Difficulty 2]*
    Risky, but there’s a better chance of you surviving it than them. You don’t know a lot about boats, but you’re sure they’re not fond of fire. Seems kind of silly to do it without a guest, and it didn't work last time, but there's lots you can do with fire, once you've got one.
    6.Shapeshift into a Mouse [Difficulty 3]
    You could get small really quickly and try to squeeze through a crack somewhere. A mouse would work, but there’s no reason it had to be a mouse.
    7.Write In [Difficulty ?]
    Write anything. A few short sentences at most - I’ll assign it a Difficulty.

Olive Garden tonight!
Mar 16, 2015

This is American style.
French style. Japanese style.
Italian, specifically Naples style.
The world's fingers for
'FUCK OFF'.


I want a change of dice

7. Mentally climb into the guard's dream and investigate. (I don't know if this is significantly different from 3.)

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being


Still 1.

No reason to not build up momentum again.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company


Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I want a change of dice

7. Mentally climb into the guard's dream and investigate. (I don't know if this is significantly different from 3.)

I like this. This.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn


1

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug


6
Why, well why not.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.


Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I want a change of dice

7. Mentally climb into the guard's dream and investigate. (I don't know if this is significantly different from 3.)

Yeah let's incept this fool.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Aabcehmu posted:

Still 1.

No reason to not build up momentum again.

1

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010

Q.E.D.



7

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.




You contemplate the snorer. It’s odd to think that you’ve talked to him, asked him questions, and killed him already, and he doesn’t even know it. You’re not sure if you feel guilty or just indulging in idle curiosity, but regardless his snores are a road you can travel. You close your eyes and ride the sound you can hear back to their source, back to the sleeping guard. His mind lays open to you in his slumber.

2d6 = 12 vs. 3d6 = 8 [Momentum Gained! Momentum at +1!]

He grunts in mute alarm as you pass into him, then he settles down. In your mind’s eye you can see his dreams as though you were in a theatre - although whether as part of the audience or as a player is less certain. He (Alan) is walking through a park with a young child (Nathan, you know instinctively, his son) when he gets a call. He smiles down at the child (a lie, he’s nervous) and answers. It’s a woman (Rebecca, Mr. Velascu’s secretary or something, he’s not sure) who says only three words: “We’ve found her.” He (Alan) grips the phone tightly and nods, calling out to his son (Nathan) and telling him it’s time to go and see his mom (Christine, that bitch, although in truth Alan knows he is to blame for all of it).

-o-
The world whirls and he (Alan) is at home, at night, waiting for someone (the rest of his team) and feeling ready and powerful and manly (he wishes he could get out of this). He takes a shot of expensive whisky and nods absently at the flavour (he hates whisky but doesn’t remember that) before checking over his gear (he has no feelings about his guns, none at all). He doesn’t know who their target it (he’s seen her - you - in pictures, but that means nothing), only that she is dangerous. He chuckles into his glass as he considers what you could possibly do (his unconscious mind stirs at this, noticing you, then turns away) and leaps to his feet when he hears the van arrive. It’s go time (he doesn’t want to get hurt or for his friends to get hurt), Oorah!

-o-
He learned the other team had picked the target up in Cairo (you’d been on a work conference with your advertising firm - one of your false lives - and you’d gotten complacent) and they’d loaded her onto a civilian cargo ship (aha!) bound for Monaco. Partway through the journey, they would all be extracted and brought to Mr. Velascu’s compound (a nice house, more than Alan could ever dream of visiting, let alone owning), where they would get their payment (more than enough to keep him going, more than enough to let him quit his job personal training) and be returned home. He was advised to think of it as securing valuable and dangerous cargo rather than human trafficking (which it was, and he could not convince himself otherwise) and to stay on guard. He and the rest of them saluted and assured Commander Biros (you didn’t recognize him, but you had killed several others before you had died) that he could count on them (the Commander couldn’t, as it turned out).

-o-
He slept fitfully, thinking about his child, wondering how he had gotten to this point in his life. His mind lay open to you.
    1.Kill Him [Difficulty 1]
    Nothing would be easier. You snip his mind away from his body, leaving a shell.
    2.Drive Him Berserk [Difficulty 2]
    Push his guilt and stress over the edge and send him ripping through the ship, firing at random.
    3. Convert Him [Difficulty 3]
    Give him a little push in the right direction - maybe he could be convinced to help you out? (How do you convince him?)
    4. Enslave Him [Difficulty 3]
    What he wants is irrelevant - you wipe his mind and enslave him. He will be yours until you tire of him or he dies.
    5. Swap Places With Him [Difficulty 4]
    With this sort of connection, a little spatial reconfiguration isn’t out of the question. He’ll end up in the chair, and you’ll end up where he is - but he’ll leave his gear behind for your use.
    6. Wake and Wander [Difficulty 3]
    Wake him up and fill him with wanderlust or hunger. Whatever he tells himself, he’ll explore the ship and act as though it was his own decision - and you’ll be right there with him, experiencing what he does.
    7.Write In [Difficulty ?]
    Write anything. A few short sentences at most - I’ll assign it a Difficulty.

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at Nov 8, 2016 around 15:23

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

1 for easy momentum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn


2

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«27 »