Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

True. I never cared for inquisition. I like some of the characters and ideas but it's to much quantity over quality and it was mostly boring and tedious filler with meh combat.

Same, at first I really dug it but I think at that point I was so starved for a new RPG that even a mediocre game like Inquisition seemed awesome. Shortly after Witcher 3 came out and I dropped Inquisition completely. It's not necessarily a bad game but they never captured what made Dragon Age 1 good which was challenging and deep combat in the vein of old school RPGs. Inquisitions combat felt inconsequential or like you were standing on the sidelines just watching.

I think we are quickly approaching Obsidian RPGs just turning into full blown dating simulators, it's increasingly becoming more of the focus with people legit getting angry if they can't e-bang some alien blob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Andrast posted:

Obsidian isn't Bioware

Whoops!

:dice:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Flipswitch posted:

Game good I like it

Wrong!

Have you seen these wacky faces? No way this game could be good.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Serf posted:

Well to be fair I don't think any streamers/youtubers are being kind to this game. Sheer force of inertia will make this game sell well. But it could be the last time that happens. Hell, the latest CoD game had mediocre sales, which indicates that anything is possible.

Ah yes after making a bajillion rote CoD games in consumers are finally wising up and the latest only sold "mediocre". If anything that shows just how dumb we as consumers are, I don't think we are at a turning point here.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm only ~2 hours in but I'm digging it. The combat feels pretty solid and the story is more intriguing than I thought it would be so far. The animations are in fact not good and in some scenes kinda kill the mood when your Ryder gives some weird half assed terrified smile for no reason. Some of the voice lines are also weirdly delivered, my guess is the VAs were just given scripts to read with very little to no context.

Those are relatively minor gripes, so far it's been fun but we'll see how it goes when I get to the open world parts.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Does your starting background profession matter much? Like can I just decide I wanna go Biotic even though I picked technician?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The animations don't really bother me, they're pretty funny most of the time even if they pull you out of the story.

The only question I have is how did it happen? They've made 3 of these games already.