Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm one of those people that really did not like the ending of ME3, but I cannot wait to play MEA.

It looks like a ton of goddamn fun. Do we have any information on what race/class combos will be available in multiplayer? I haven't found any yet.

I'm not sure about the story of MEA's single player, but the fact that I can biotic charge, drop a turret, and then smash everything with my hammer has me pretty stoked no matter what.

I'm a diehard vanguard player- my challenge run in ME3 was to fight exclusively with biotic charge and shotguns on hard unless dealing with an instant kill fucker or turrets.

In multiplayer, Krogan Vanguard and Krogan Warlord were my go tos. I'd love to make a sort of fusion of the two for single player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hedrigall posted:

Devs tweeted this. Is he fondling himself?

His crotch is further south than that. Those look like pouches.

Awkward place to have them, but still.

Unless his junk is centered above his groin

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Groetgaffel posted:

I'm just hoping the lady Turian is one of the gay or bi ones. I almost always play as a female character when given the choice, and I like Turians.

I really hope she's bi, because if she's gay then they just flip the Garrus problem around.

The Garrus problem being that only one gender can bang the coolest alien that isn't a Krogan.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cythereal posted:

I never got the love for Garrus as a romance option. I adore Garrus as Shepard's best bro and second in command, but the romance ruins a really good chemistry of just being great friends.

Oh I don't disagree with you, I just wouldn't have minded the option as a Male Shep player.

I hated the options in ME1 and just went with Tali for ME2 because we were shotgun bros.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I want to biotic charge and then smash things with my big hammer

gently caress off with your plot

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

WillyTheNewGuy posted:

Ok so here's the deal. The Normandy is an unusable garbage ship. Every time they accelerate in space, the cockpit would become up and the engines would be down. Joker's fragile bones would be completely crushed due to the heavy G's of space travel.

Mass Effect is magic sci-fi. You might as well be mad that Humans are portrayed as willing to be part of a power-sharing unity government with other races, because that poo poo would never happen. We'd make the Krogan Wars look considerate, and reasonable.

Shh, don't bring up the actual facts in a made up game of nonsense when people are bitching about how made up some of the nonsense is

They might not like that

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

precision posted:

Soloing Platinum is actually not much harder than Gold as far as reflexes or whatever, what soloing Platinum requires is an intimate and tedious knowledge of wave spawns, a loving lot of patience, and a little bit of luck praying you don't get randomly sync killed in Wave 9 by a Banshee.

I loving hate Banshees so much and nothing makes me happier than the fact that they are not in the game.

As a Krogan Vanguard, they are the only thing I cannot deal with. I can take on Brute after Brute after Brute, one time literally, but a Banshee will just magnet grab me from half away across the map if I so much as look at her the wrong way, and my ability to fight her is super goddamn limited.

My go to for Platnimum is typically either Salarian Engineer or Volus Adept. As a volus my entire game plan is to just glue myself to some one else and never stop healing

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Glenn Quebec posted:

As much as I don't care you're 100% correct. It also went from somewhere between hard and soft sci-fi into deep space opera fantasy. Tbh I was surprised you didn't get a laser sword at some point

You have an energy sword, does that count?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

RBA Starblade posted:

If we ever meet aliens in real life I'm going to be really conflicted because XCOM taught me to murder all aliens, but Mass Effect taught me to bang all aliens instead. Halo taught me to murder aliens then crouch up and down on top of them though so that's probably a good balance.

Halo also taught you to team up with the aliens that have sexy voices

Clearly the message is to kill all ugly aliens

because if it's ugly it can't be a good guy right

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo I hope Vetra keeps some of those long rear end scarves.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

marshmallow creep posted:

Some of those designs she's basically the turian version of Pharah.

I am A-OK with this.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hedrigall posted:

There is an interesting correlation going on in this thread, where the people who are complaining the most about a video game ship are, probability-wise, the nearest to the size and weight of a ship themselves

Hey, that's not true!

I'm okay with the video game ship

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Trast posted:

It's worth noting that a lot of goons instantly turned on Cora too while just labeling the male character boring.

Why?

Cora is like, the only good human companion they've ever made. Biotic Charging Shotgun bros for life.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I always buttered Ash up and then sent her to die because she's a racist she might as well die saving aliens.

Then I hooked up with Tali in ME2.

In ME3, actually, I didn't know Kaiden could be a romance option for ManShep, so I was being super buddy buddy with him and friendly and poo poo and then he started actually hitting on me and it got super awkward. I actually felt bad for having to let him down because I absolutely did not mean to try and romance him by accident.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
In ME1

Kaiden is just kind of boring. You want the interesting biotic you talk to Liara, though at that stage she's an awful character as well. You want good backstory you talk to Wrex. You want the best characters you just stick with Shotgun Bro Tali, Garrus and Wrex.

Kaiden is just 'eh. He's there. He exists. He has a backstory I guess but who gives a poo poo, he's Kaiden.

Ash is straight up a vocal space racist and annoying. That's worse than being boring. I can take Kaiden on a mission and ignore that he exists. Ash won't shut the gently caress up about how racist she is.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Liara is a great character

When she becomes the Shadow Broker

Before that she's just the most nerd bait thing in the world.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm just going to rig it so that I'm always wearing my bombass helmet all the time.

That's what I did in ME2 with the Terminus armor.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cowcaster posted:

i hope the game pulls a doom 2016 and contrary to every single interview, press release, preview video, and horrific multiplayer beta it turns out to be the best loving game all year

i just don't think it's a thing that can happen twice in my lifetime

That is a loving BAR you set there man

Doom was so goddamn good

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

marshmallow creep posted:

Much like Brad Pitt, I can't read. I post on the forums with a text-to-speech program.

Oh christ you have to hear all of this I'm so sorry

You're the true hero, take a ryder

I hear their pocket sized

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I didn't know there was a market for miniature dildos

There's a sounding joke in there somewhere

The only thing I want to know about the ME A multiplayer is what race class combos are going to be in from the jump. Also if we're going to be able to equip melee weapons to our Multiplayer character like the Single Player character. I'd love to be some sneaky sneak assassin and then pull out a giant gently caress off hammer to smash dudes

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Are those all Vanguard variants?

If not that's a confusing selection screen

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Wow, that's a lot of humans.

Really hope if they're ALL Vangaurds, they're purely cosmetic and you don't have to go through each and every one of those fuckers to get to the good Krogan Vanguard

...and if they are all Vanguard, I really wanna know how the gently caress a Salarian plays.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Generic American posted:

I assume that means that character is currently the active one they have selected, and the screen is just changing to show each character as they browse?

Also two random nuggets: apparently it was confirmed on Twitter that at least one of the Krogan in that list is female.

And Kumail Nanjiani's "space frog" character was revealed to be a prominent Salarian politician in the game.

Are all of those just the Vanguard class, because if so that would imply some crazy amount of diversity for each class which would be killer.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I am glad that only the character you're playing gets leveled up, and not the entire class.

gently caress you humans you're going to be level 1 forever.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Thank God IGN was just being stupid with the powers

Biotic Charge Turret fighting lives on!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I can have a combo of shotguns turrets biotic charge and hammers.

I am good to go let's do this poo poo.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Codependent Poster posted:

I just want to tactical cloak then vanguard charge into someone.

My dude

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Arglebargle III posted:

Am i seriously the only one who sees reused assets here?

You might be the only one who gives a poo poo

So you know, good job, here's a medal

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Halloween Jack posted:

Just admit it, you want to play a pink agrabah with a hammer because it's the closest you'll get to Kirby's Mass Effect Adventure.

Don't we all?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Arglebargle III posted:

Can we just go back to talking about how bad ME3 was? I'm not a fan of new things.

Ladyboys aren't new though

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Number Ten Cocks posted:

what is a lisa ann

We'll tell you when you're older

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think I realized something that looks off about the models.

Everyone seems to have kind of puffy cheeks. Their faces are rounder than drat near anyone from ME1-3

It's not BAD, I'm just used to Asari having super angled features. Peebee and this chick (and Carpet Ryder) have kind of baby faces going on a bit.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

Can you even truly rape a space robot?

asking for a friend

How sentient a space robot is this

If it's like, preprogrammed responses all the way down you're good

If it's like Legion it's rape

Don't rape Legion man

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I might just name mine Common

Common Ryder

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I have good news for you

They'll only look like that if you want them to

It's like getting offended by their race- they are literally whatever race you feel like them being. They are malleable barbie dolls of which you can twist and mold to be whatever thing you can force the system to recognize

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I don't plan to run anywhere

Biotic charge all day everyday

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You know I don't think that would solve anything

Beyond Cerberus needing to make another new Shepherd anyways

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The only bad thing in ME2 was having to super manage what missions you did when and where because otherwise people died and I don't do no sloppy runs damnit.

Straight shooting all the way to the womb

I really hope there isn't some weird doomsday clock ticking down in MEA and you can just go at your own pace to explore poo poo and do missions.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I like to imagine that the times they're a literal clone is when the Asari in question just hosed themselves and don't want anyone to know that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm just going to always wear my sweet helmets because of my horrible face.

But if I had hair, I'd go full on 80s spiked mohawk. No fear no shame