Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I hope there's Geth in andromeda because I want to have sex with one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Edi did have roboclothes but they were sexy

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hmm...100% of my posts in this thread so far have been about sexy robots. I gotta talk about something else

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I hope that in andromeda they call you captain. Seems wrong to run a ship and not get called captain. Only the quarians got it right

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Oh no

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Bongo Bill posted:

Star Trek stunt casting is the best kind of stunt casting.

Look: I didn't like how they handled EDI in ME3, but I also can't think of a reason why all robots shouldn't be sexy by default.

There's probably something on nexus for that

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Work in a Uranus joke and I'm in

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

If you're an engineer, she could be your drone

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I will buy this on day 1 no matter how retarded it is tbqh

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

69 is my favorite percent

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Strong female characters

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Helith posted:

Yeah, pick whichever class sounds fun to you and do not worry if you can only use pistols in the game because by about 2/3rds of the way through you can bring down a geth colossus with just your pistol (and maybe some biotics or tech skills if you were in a hurry).
Pistols are godly weapons in ME1.

Even for soldiers, pistols are arguably the best weapon. Assault rifles get nasty once you dump skill points into them and get the specter gun, but pistols are good all the time.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Drifter posted:

Put subtitles on and skip through conversations as desired (watch out not to spacebar your way through actual dialog choices, though :argh:)

It's kind of crazy that at no point in the trilogy did they ever fix that problem (especially since they got it right in DA2 and inquisition, proving how easy it is to fix)

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Zore posted:

Did anyone ever like playing as an Engineer? I heard people gush about everything else at some point (esp. Vanguard/Infiltrator) but no one ever seemed to give a gently caress about Engineers.

I played Adept and they seemed basically like a worse version.

I like engineer in 3 because it's fun to be a beep boop technowizard instead of full-on psychic wizard for a change of pace (and iirc you have the right combo of abilities to do any kind of tech explosion you care to do) but I didn't much care for them in 2 or 1.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

But do they even lift

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

mass effect was meer's first big role wasn't it? he was never gonna be as good as hale, who I assume came out of the womb doing voicework for baby characters

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

marshmallow creep posted:

Not much, but Funko-pop has leaked that Liam's last name is Costa and there is a character named Jaal.

This has been your Andromeda news update. Please resume your regular arguments.

Stay tuned for my 15-minute video in which I analyze the latest update about the game

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Phrosphor posted:

Everytime I think of the Mako, I weep a silent tear for myself and all the others who played through the entire game without realising it had a cannon.

Edit: My ultraspacetime echosound bug also seems to trigger with the Mattock if I hammer the trigger fast enough, so I think the problem is computer related rather than game related.

I bet you also didn't notice there was a button to zoom in while aiming with the mako and it transformed your accuracy from "I'll hit stuff generally in the direction you're pointing at, maybe, unless it's slightly below or above you, of course" to 100% accuracy

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Milky Moor posted:

TBQH, I would bet on a male Quarian squad member simply because gender-swapping the previous cast is both the most obvious and the laziest way of differentiating Andromeda's New poo poo from those boring old Shepards.

It's not like they haven't done it with the Turian woman. And Peebee.

Andromeda's gonna have so many female Krogans you're gonna be fuckin' sick of em by the end

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Maybe resource gathering won't be so bad! I mean, you have a ship, you'll probably just be able to scan planets for the mats you need, that sounds like it could be fun

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Oh

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I really just dislike crafting in single player games and am kind of amazed that it hasn't died off as a fad yet. It makes sense in MMOs where it fuels a player-driven economy, and also serves to pad out the time and keep subscribers playing for longer but in a game that you're just playing by yourself? Crazy imo

I actually really liked how ME2 and 3 moved away from loot entirely and I'm a little bummed we're going back to it but whatever I'll still buy it

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Also, it wasn't very fun to play

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yeah the final bosses in dai were a little too hard to be fun with a random group of idiots

Also the rubber banding if you had even a little lag was just abominable

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Lobok posted:

Here we see Ryder in the new Vanguard armour:

Still easier to steer than the mako

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The first time you encounter a banshee is supposed to be a big deal iirc, I'd be surprised if they slipped one in to the prologue sequence.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Vanguard is fun for a while, but I couldn't finish my single player run as one. It's incredibly samey and gets old after a while.

Which makes it perfect for chill multiplayer runs, however

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I didn't look close enough to notice and I'm happy with myself about that

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Veotax posted:

This is why I'm weird and obsessive about only playing DLC when it would make narrative sense.

Don't be hard on yourself, that's probably one of the least weird and obsessive behaviors that a gamer could exhibit

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah I should probably just look it up, I've got 100k+ of everything but element zero now. Just don't have the patience any more. :v:

Planet scanning is abominable and there's no reason to do it if you don't want to; like the guy above you said, you can just edit your save to give yourself as much resource as you want. You can even do it on consoles, there's just an extra hoop or two to jump through.

They learned their lesson and didn't include anything like it in 3, but I'm crossing my fingers that they haven't forgotten said lesson and added a material hellgrind back in for andromeda. If they did I'll just cheat again you can't stop me

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Thor-Stryker posted:

It's in one of the first videos we see. You bet it's gonna involve combing over every godamn map and having to press the scan button. We can only hope it doesn't lock you in place like DAI Flower Picking.

I know gathering is in the game, I'm just hoping they remember how much everyone hated planet scanning in ME2 and figured out a way to make it fun.

I'm probably going to cheat

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Then I'll make my own multiplayer!!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

What the hell

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I won't be satisfied unless I can make my character into assy mcgee

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

im the single tear rolling down the fourth one's cheek

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Tower of Hanoi, except you have to use the Jetpack to manually move the rings

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I have never....ever....ever! Spent $5 on something frivolous and I am NOT about to start now

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

then don't do it, jesus

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The PC version of the ME1 hacking minigame is kinda fun. Better than the consoles, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Lycus posted:

Yeah, once you get past the early parts of the game, you should have enough omnigel to omnigel almost every lock. Don't sell stuff, there's nothing worth buying in that game.

The specter gear is worth buying, because you never have to think about guns ever again after you get them but after that yeah all vendor gear is trash

But the specter guns are quite expensive