Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am disappointed that you can only be a human again. I was really hoping for Mass Effect 4 to allow you to play as one off the other alien races. I am still really excited for Andromeda, don't get me wrong, but it's pretty lame that we are traveling to another galaxy and we are still apparently only interacting with races we already know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Skippy McPants posted:

Much as I enjoyed the Normandy II, I kinda agree. Especially with the elevators, a whip-round with all your NPCs took way too long.

In then Inquisition took it into overdrive with the awful castle layout.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Witcher 3 wasn't a good game and I will never understand the praise it got.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Post Tali fanart.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Now that more is starting to come out about Andromeda, I am honestly kinda worried. It's bad enough that Bioware believes they are able to launch this game in the Spring of 2017, there is no way that is going to happen.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Moola posted:

me3 did a lot of assuming about your Shepard

I hated how much auto-dialogue you got in 3, 1-2 were really good at hardly making Shepard talk without your input

3 hosed that up

If you didn't at least play Mass Effect 2 to 100% completion, then you got the default Mass Effect 3 story and dialog options and it was terrible and straight up ruins the entire game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Note, he said no collecting varren bladders, he did not rule out fetch quests altogether. :colbert:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mass Effect isn't anything like Destiny. It's an action shooter series with a focus on storyline and is entirely single player. Only Mass Effect 3 had a tacked on multiplayer mode that was co-op.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Number Ten Cocks posted:

It went from a Beta to a "Tech Test." And no one has leaked that they're playing yet.

There's no industry standard for what either of these terms mean. It's at the discretion of the developer. Always assume it's a marketing buzzword when you are the player and you're signing up for access to a games so called "test."

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I want anime boobs in my Mass Effect.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Arglebargle III posted:

I'm 100% sure this game will be garbage.

Gonna buy it all the same.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MechaSeinfeld posted:

this team looks cooler than the actual characters in the campaign.

The way the purple cat thing stuffs its head flaps into its collar looks really dumb.

That's an Asari. They have been in the series for all four games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This was the thing that made me super concerned for Andromeda. I continually think about this gif and that Bioware thought it was good enough quality to put into the game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

It's a good thing we have exhaustive gameplay footage and hands-on demos to help allay those concerns.

That gif came from one of those gameplay footage videos.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

marktheando posted:

Are people really still freaking out about that animation glitch? Jesus Christ.

I guess if a super minor problem like that is the worst thing about the game then there really isn't much to worry about.

If a AAA developer with the backing of the largest publisher in the game industry is cutting corners that obvious, then it's reasonable to expect the parts of the game that matter are going to be a problem too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This game really does look like a check list cash grab to keep Mass Effect relevant, and I say this as a gigantic Mass Effect fanboy that wanted a 4th game. Not much longer until it's finally out and I really want to believe the marketing has just been awful.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

eonwe posted:

are there waifus? can i try to model what their sweat will smell like?

I didn't know I wanted this feature but I do.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mymla posted:

People have really dumb opinions about BG2, because they played it when they were 14.

A lot of people have played Baldur's Gate 2 as adults and still enjoy the characters, story, and setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

When does the trial for Andromeda start for people dumb enough to be subbed to EA Access?