Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I must admit, the trailer didn't do much for me. I can't quite pin down why, but I suppose it's just... lacking in personality?

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Volus confirmed! :shepface:

Blasto the Hanar Pathfinder or GTFO.

peer posted:

On the other hand, Sera is by far the worst character in any Bioware game. Yes, worse than Merrill

But, like, on purpose. Yes, I know that's a common apologist argument, but you could explicitly kick her annoying rear end out at any point.

And after listening to all her banter on Youtube she kinda sorta grew on me a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Hot diggity! :dance:

Oh. :smith:

Yeah. I spent like ten minutes filling that poo poo in, then... gently caress.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
It's more Witcher 3 than Skyrim. You can respec into different builds, but you won't be able to do everything at once.

Which is something I actually like. Being able to change up playstyles over the length of a 100 hour playthrough is a welcome feature.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
It's really fun, actually.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

How many RPGs had realtime shooter combat before ME1? RPGs had a lot of weird conventions and the ME games blew through a lot of them, maybe not all of them right away but that doesn't mean ME1 wasn't groundbreaking, jfc.

System Shock 2, Bioshock, STALKER, Deus Ex, Vampire: Bloodlines, Hellgate: Loldon came out before ME1. Fallout 3 and Borderlands would be years into development at ME1's release and came out a year later.

ME1 is still influential though, yeah.

Ein Sexmonster posted:

There's a massive difference between shooters with rpg mechanics (Deus Ex, System Shock), and a full-blown RPG with shooter gameplay.

Is there?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I wish someone made a space opera anthology series, where you'd get a complete different universe with each entry.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
As someone who unironically enjoys boning make-believe chicks in video elf games (AKA a Bioware fan) I must admit this video is a bit of a let down. Seems like the choices are Space Sera and Robyn. Bleh.

Maybe I can at least gently caress the Krogan.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

poisonpill posted:

I hear this a lot but it really worked well the way it played out. Instead of the game designers needing to plan six wildly different characters (man/woman) (professional/goofy) (gay/straight) and so you end up getting a ton of choices that don't mean anything and dialogue that doesn't change anything so they can accommodate a range of characters.

Geralt is an old guy with a very special set of skills, looking for his daughter. He's basically fantasy Taken and the game gets to play with his backstory, relationships, and who *this* guy is in the world, which means more interesting quests, better dialogue, etc. etc.

Well loving put.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Cross-Section posted:

I think she's a lot better looking than the presets, but people on GAF have been making some pretty decent ones from the CC:

Has anyone made any half-decent dudes?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

monster on a stick posted:

But then you get Hawke-sexual which everybody seemed to hate in DA2 even though most Bioware players actually want it.

They could do what plenty of other games do and just let the player choose who they're attracted to at the start of the game, which works just fine for, say, all the Choice Of games, except Gaider considers it ~objectionable~.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
This looks as real as Killzone 2's E3 trailer.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Generic American posted:

Well, Anthem looks cool. If it plays anywhere close to what that stage demo looked like, it will blow Destiny out of the water for me.

If nothing else, it really seems like they nailed the power armor niche, which seems pretty unique. Can't really think of another game that has done that aside from like... Vanquish. Most just go the Halo route of "actually just a dude, but slightly more durable to bullets."

Cough Titanfall cough.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Dexo posted:

The agent and LS with warrior story were great.

Yeah. The last expansion's story, where they pretty much gave up on the pretense of giving everyone their own storylines and just made a few hours of a SP campaign for everyone, was pretty good. The two cinematic trailers they got were loving dope as well and, like, legit good SW content on their own:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzq9epS2b1A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbpDxrew4A0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Skippy McPants posted:

If the sources are accurate I'm not sure I'd put much of the blame on Walters. The pre-production sounds like it was an utter gently caress-fest of bad ideas and poor planning.

Spending three years on trying to procedurally generate planets in a Bioware storygame was pretty dumb, yeah.