Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Here's another video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjfIPkv4WDY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

The fourth ship will be filled with baby reapers and starchildren

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

VideoGames posted:

Also people are saying it's more like Mass Effect 1 than the others is probably the reason I am so happy to have a potentially good game hidden under the strangeness.

I am sorry for those who think Mass Effect 2 is the best one. This might not be the Mass Effect game for you.
For those like me who do not like Mass Effect 2, this might be way more your cup of tea.

I think Mass Effect 2 was the best one, but I really enjoyed the ME:A trial and can't wait to play more TuesdayThursday

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Pierson posted:

I love the new jump/dodge but I'm really not sold on the auto-cover system yet. When I'm trying to move around a level it feels like I need to tread lightly because if I go too near any surface it'll attract me like a magnet.

RyderxCover OTP

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Looks like I can play Monday the 20th at 4pm, using a south Korean vpn. A lot better than Thursday the 23rd :toot:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Zakmonster posted:

I'm fairly certain you can upgrade yourself to hold more than 5 power cells. When that happens, you can carpet bomb and area with flak cannon shells without worrying about cool downs and then run to a nearby ammo box and repeat the process until all enemies are dead.

Carpetbombing eh

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I saw mods/upgrades for the nomad, so it'll probably be better later on

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

precision posted:

So what's the sequel hook?

You wake up from your coma as OtherRyder and the whole of ME:A was just a story your sibling told you

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I wonder what'll happen when the other arks arrive with their SAMs, we know DadRyder messed with his, but will the other ones be connected to our SAM? Will it improve its capabilities?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I think I've done all the quests and talking to people you can do before the trial locks me out. I've got like 2 hours left and don't really care about multiplayer. Ideas for things to gently caress around with/try to break?

Play as the other sibling for a bit

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

A french streamer somehow gets a default Sara Ryder that looks a lot less goofy

https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/6010ab/no_spoilers_sara_ryder_corrected_face_leaked/

https://gfycat.com/GrandVigilantImago

:iiam:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Torrannor posted:

By the way, I still hate all of you who can play the game two days before us plebs in Europe :argh:

If you use a South Korean vpn you can unlock the game at 3pm gmt on Monday

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

also you have to be standing perfectly still to be able to save, so don't press escape while walking or falling or whatever

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I want to play this terribly bad game but Origin won't let me

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

utnayan shouldve maxed out renegade b4 his final mission tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTsD2FjmLsw

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Those conversations where the camera just zooms in over ryders shoulder and the npc you're talking to does their best statue imitation. And such a wide array of emotions they display on their face while they talk!

Also: *taps on omnitool for a few seconds, puts it away for a few seconds, taps on omnitool again x infinity, all while never turning their head away from you

You can move the camera during those, so you can look at all your Ryder's emotions

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

canepazzo posted:

About the ending - Am I right in that there is no good/bad/best ending, just one ending? I finished with all planets 100% but only like 3 loyalty missions completed, and everybody lives, there is no downside. Is there a better ending?

Afaik if you don't have all pathfinders, Captain Dunn dies when the Hyperion crash lands

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Steve2911 posted:

God drat I can never move on in ME games until I've exhausted all dialogue and missions. Just got to the Nexus after Eos and that's going to be absolutely impossible with this game. This kind of game really needs an in-built 'poo poo that's actually worth doing and people actually worth speaking to' list.

It's even worse, the greyed out options don't reset to white if there's new dialog for said option :allears:

Also, today I learned SAM's VA is a woman. She also voiced Calpernia in DAI

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Apparently ME:A supports nVidia Ansel, it's pretty cool :3:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Reclaimer posted:

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Asari Huntresses, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Cerberus, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire Alliance Navy. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in this 'verse, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Exonet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across Citadel space and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in biotic combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the N7 Special Ops and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the galaxy, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re loving dead, kiddo.

\

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Charles Get-Out posted:

Cora shoulda looked like that

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Stranger Danger Ranger posted:

Man I wish they'd hurry up and release that for ps4, it looks so good.

Hope you really enjoyed the travel times on the Galaxy Map in MEA :v:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.masseffect.com/news/the-journey-ahead?sf53509845=1

quote:

Hi everyone,

It’s been two weeks since the launch of Mass Effect™: Andromeda and we’re thankful to the millions of you who have already joined us on this journey. And though the game is now in your hands, it’s really just the beginning.

Since launch, our team has been poring over your comments and feedback, looking to discover what you like about the game, as well as areas we can evolve or improve.

This Thursday, we’ll release a new patch that addresses technical fixes (crashes, improved performance), but also adds a number of improvements we’ve heard you ask for, such as:

• Allowing you to skip ahead when travelling between planets in the galaxy map
  • Increasing the inventory limits
  • Improving the appearance of eyes for humans and asari characters
  • Decreasing the cost of remnant decryption keys and making them more accessible at merchants
  • Improving localized voice over lip sync
  • Fixing Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern
  • Improving matchmaking and latency in multiplayer
  • There are many more adjustments being made, all of which you can find in our patch notes.

Over the next two months we’ll be rolling out additional patches which will go even deeper and look to improve several areas of the game:

• More options and variety in the character creator
  • Improvements to hair and general appearance for characters
  • Ongoing improvements to cinematic scenes and animations
  • Improvements to male romance options for Scott Ryder
  • Adjustments to conversations with Hainly Abrams
  • These upcoming patches will also address performance and stability issues. And we’re looking at adding more cosmetic items to single player for free.

For multiplayer, over the same timeframe, we’re going to continue to build on the APEX missions that have been running since launch. We’ll be adding new maps, characters, and weapons. On Thursday, we kick off the first of three new chapters centered around The Remnant Investigation.

This is just a taste of what’s in store as we continue to support Mass Effect: Andromeda. And as always, you all play an important role in that. We want to hear from you about your experiences, both what you love about the game and what you’d like to see changed. We’re listening, and we’re committed to partnering with you as we continue to explore the Andromeda galaxy together.

Here’s to a great journey,

Aaryn

Edit:

Said Patchnotes: http://blog.bioware.com/2017/04/04/mass-effect-andromeda-patch-1-05-notes/

quote:

Patch 1.05 Notes

Improved tutorial placement

Single player balance changes: Ammo crates, armor, weapons, nomad, profiles, attacks, and progression

Multiplayer balance changes: Weapons, cover, and enemies (check back for detailed notes on balance changes)

Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map

Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs

Improved lip-sync and facial acting during conversations, including localized VO

Fixed various collision issues

Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn’t play or wasn’t correct

Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn’t firing on UNCs

Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times

Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save

Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge Pose

Fixes issues related to some saves

Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer

Streaming and stability improvements

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Well, it does look cool the first few times. But after that...

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

My game freezes on Nexus landing transitions when I play with vSync off

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Rhymenoserous posted:

More time and less sidequests. I have like 20 sidequests tied to nexus loving station. I'm not doing all of that.

Just wait until you get to Kadara

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Wiseblood posted:

Glad they're fixing the stupid galaxy map stuff. Too bad there's no mention of any tweaking of the frequency of SAM hazard warnings though.

https://twitter.com/tibermoon/status/849306765938315264

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX8Yo3vEyBE

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

I bought a vintage heat sink. How do I put it on the Crusader or Black Widow i got out of a loot box? Can I not do that?

Nope, it's an augment, you need to apply it to a weapon during crafting.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

Well that sucks. These 100 loot boxes really didn't go far at all besides those ultra rares.

Weapons from those boxes are just deconstruct fodder unless you're super early into singleplayer

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Maybe they'll pull cruisers and battleships from the same place where they're getting all their shuttles.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Dark Death Cloud of Doom

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Patch is up for PC, ~1.1gb

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Someone got some new eyes, I think

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Galaxy Map travel is partially skippable. You can skip the sequence between planets in a system but not the one between systems

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Cora looks less crazy eyed too, I think

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

lol, looks like they fixed savescumming chests

Edit: or not, it worked after another try :iiam:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

:eyepop:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Truecon420 posted:

I'm also getting this and it's truly obnoxious. Anyone else? I see no option to turn it off

Unbind them under keybindings, but don't use the clear bindings option.

Rebind them all to Num1 or something and then clear the last binding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

If this is what they were able to fix in two weeks of work then God only knows the state this game was in only a month ago.

This game might even go from worst game ever to merely mediocre if they keep at it