Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Saw this earlier. idgi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

weird Asian candy posted:

Saw this earlier. idgi

I don't get it either. There's really no value in getting Kizer, since there's already two years of development with Hundley. Either this is the BPA mentality surfacing again like it did in 2005, or the team really has no faith in Hundley and is willing to spend their top pick on a backup.

The Packers also aren't generally a front office that plays the rumor/smokescreen game so I don't think this is just Ted trying to fool another team who wants Kizer into trading up.

Kizer is a very young 21 years old (January birthday) so if he sits for 3-4 seasons he'd be still young for a franchise quarterback if the long-term plan is to replace Rodgers with Kizer.

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Apr 28, 2017

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://twitter.com/by_JBH/status/858005248798900224

Oh Bears.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I now imagine two separate bears draft calls not talking to each other while they both are talking with SF. In the SF room, a confused staff plays along with it.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
With all these ppl reaching so hard for QB does Dobbs go round 2

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I don't get it either. There's really no value in getting Kizer, since there's already two years of development with Hundley. Either this is the BPA mentality surfacing again like it did in 2005, or the team really has no faith in Hundley and is willing to spend their top pick on a backup.

The Packers also aren't generally a front office that plays the rumor/smokescreen game so I don't think this is just Ted trying to fool another team who wants Kizer into trading up.

Kizer is a very young 21 years old (January birthday) so if he sits for 3-4 seasons he'd be still young for a franchise quarterback if the long-term plan is to replace Rodgers with Kizer.

Not sure about Hundley, but with QBs playing into their late 30s these days it seems like it would be a huge reach considering they have zero secondary atm.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I now imagine two separate bears draft calls not talking to each other while they both are talking with SF. In the SF room, a confused staff plays along with it.

I'm imagining John Lynch pretending there's another team on the line and having the time of his life.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Not sure about Hundley, but with QBs playing into their late 30s these days it seems like it would be a huge reach considering they have zero secondary atm.

The Packers secondary is actually better than it seemed in 2016, a terrible rash of injuries and two highly-drafted corners going through a sophomore slump meant that the secondary vastly underperformed. I don't think the short-term solution is drafting another corner who will need 2-3 seasons of development.

Not that I'm saying that Kizer makes sense over drafting another position, mind you.

Rodgers is 33, but with 3 fewer years of NFL physical abuse on his frame compared to other 33-year-old quarterbacks. He can play five more seasons easily.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

The Packers secondary is actually better than it seemed in 2016, a terrible rash of injuries and two highly-drafted corners going through a sophomore slump meant that the secondary vastly underperformed. I don't think the short-term solution is drafting another corner who will need 2-3 seasons of development.

Not that I'm saying that Kizer makes sense over drafting another position, mind you.

Rodgers is 33, but with 3 fewer years of NFL physical abuse on his frame compared to other 33-year-old quarterbacks. He can play five more seasons easily.

Oh ok. I thought the secondary was pretty decimated and that was their #1 need. What is their #1 need? I know it's aint a QB!

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe

hahahahahaha this is the good poo poo

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Oh ok. I thought the secondary was pretty decimated and that was their #1 need. What is their #1 need? I know it's aint a QB!

Linebacker, either a really quality inside linebacker, or someone who can play off the edge so Clay Matthews can go back to roaming all over the field.

Sam Shields getting his head unscrewed really wrecked the secondary and caused a lot of knock-on effects. I think Randall/Rollins will perform better this season and House should provide enough baseline stability for the rest of the secondary to operate. HHCD is still one of the better safeties in the league.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Not considering trade up's, Dalvin Cook &/or Joe Mixon only have to make it past Green Bay, Seattle (maybe), Jets, and Cincinnati (maybe) to land in Philly.

But there's some good corners there, toooooo.

I don't knowwww! 😓

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe

SKULL.GIF posted:

The Packers secondary is a loving tire fire and CB is absolutely their #1 need. Randall could potentially return to form if he gets his head on straight but Rollins is too slow to be a good outside guy and the number 3 CB right now is the used corpse of Davon House. They won't do poo poo unless they get an actual #1 CB. They also need a pass rusher so badly it hurts, a good RB, and a starting OG.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

OSheaman posted:

The Packers secondary is a loving tire fire and CB is absolutely their #1 need. Randall could potentially return to form if he gets his head on straight but Rollins is too slow to be a good outside guy and the number 3 CB right now is the used corpse of Davon House. They won't do poo poo unless they get an actual #1 CB. They also need a pass rusher so badly it hurts, a good RB, and a starting OG.

Davon House will be 28 this season, hardly a corpse. You don't think Randall can be a #1?

We signed Jahri Evans earlier this week, not so sure a starting OG is a pressing need tonight. Ted will probably pick up a guard or tackle tomorrow, though.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

89 posted:

Not considering trade up's, Dalvin Cook &/or Joe Mixon only have to make it past Green Bay, Seattle (maybe), Jets, and Cincinnati (maybe) to land in Philly.

But there's some good corners there, toooooo.
Lots of smoke out there about Cook to the Jets. Their RB coach ran his Pro Day, potential BPA, etc...

I think someone will have to trade up for him.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

Lots of smoke out there about Cook to the Jets. Their RB coach ran his Pro Day, potential BPA, etc...

Rumors all over Chiefs sites that they are trying to trade up in the 2nd to take Cook, solidifying my dream draft.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kiimo posted:

Rumors all over Chiefs sites that they are trying to trade up in the 2nd to take Cook, solidifying my dream draft.

Cook has a lot of Jamaal Charles in his game. Would be a good fit.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe

SKULL.GIF posted:

Davon House will be 28 this season, hardly a corpse. You don't think Randall can be a #1?

We signed Jahri Evans earlier this week, not so sure a starting OG is a pressing need tonight. Ted will probably pick up a guard or tackle tomorrow, though.

It's *possible* Randall makes a humongous improvement in year 3 and it's *possible* that House reverts back to the #2/#3 guy he was before the Packers let him go, but both of those things are less than likely and if both don't happen then the Packers have real problems. They need a guy who at least has a chance of competing for the #1 spot.

I say this, and I agree with you that OLB is also a major need. So does Ted, apparently, since he traded out of the first round as soon as McKinley got taken, rather than grab OG Lamp or RB Cook or CB King or ILB Foster or OLB Watt (who they must have had a second round grade on).

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Armando says Miami is targeting Tankersley and Cooper Kupp today

lol we are going to draft a WR

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Lots of bad poo poo about him too but considering that the jets usually punt 2nd's i'm fine with him.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hey mcmagic how are you enjoying the draft bro?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wtf if we draft a receiver I just don't understand what we're doing

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ehud posted:

Hey mcmagic how are you enjoying the draft bro?

A+.. Would watch again. (That will probably not be the case after tonight)

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I really wanted Tre'Davious White to fall to GB but now that its not possible I really really want Dalvin Cook

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ross, explain this poo poo. What happened to Melvin Gordon?

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/858047844376350720

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

1) Ross has the largest hate boner for Melvin Gordon of anyone in America.
2) La Canfora is a stupid poo poo and shouldn't be trusted.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Ross, explain this poo poo. What happened to Melvin Gordon?

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/858047844376350720

He's loving terrible, constantly dances behind the line of scrimmage and hesitates too much, is a poo poo blocker and is injury prone. gently caress Melvin Gordon

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

A+.. Would watch again. (That will probably not be the case after tonight)
Confirmed suicide.

Tony Pauline posted:

I’m told both the Los Angeles Chargers and New York Jets have quarterback Davis Webb in their sights and each team is trying to move up to secure his services. It’s a good possibility any of the teams selecting from picks 33-to-37 would be amiable to trading down for the right compensation.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Diva Cupcake posted:

Confirmed suicide.

hueheuheuheuheuheuheuehuehe Davis Webb

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

Confirmed suicide.

Mitchell & Webb was pretty funny, so I'm optimistic for Hackenberg & Webb

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chargers drafting Webb would be good.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kalli posted:

Mitchell & Webb was pretty funny, so I'm optimistic for Hackenberg & Webb
Trading up in the 2nd two consecutive years to draft QBs that belong in the 4-5th seems like A+ plan Macc.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Webb sitting behind Rivers for 2 years would be cool

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Webb sitting behind Rivers for 2 years would be cool

Seems like a logical successor.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice

schweens posted:

I really wanted Tre'Davious White to fall to GB but now that its not possible I really really want Dalvin Cook
I was surprised that he wasn't taken yesterday. I've watched FSU since GB took Edgar Bennett and Terrell Buckley and can say that Cook is by far the best RB I've ever seen them field. Dunn was close and more elusive but Cook's balance and instincts are unreal.

Maybe there's other stuff from his physical or the rumors that some agent's runner supposedly spread hurt him or he wasn't the right fit for anyone but he's a total stud.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ehud posted:

Armando says Miami is targeting Tankersley and Cooper Kupp today

lol we are going to draft a WR

Kupp reminds me of a worse version of Landry so it definitely makes sense to replace the real thing with him. Also, didn't you guys pick up that Rutgers kid pretty high last year?

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

OSheaman posted:

hahahahahaha this is the good poo poo

Smoke screen

But on the off chance it isnt, what do packers fans think of drafting Kizer?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/MaioccoNBCS/status/858066709080489984

this reuben "froster" foster kid is alright

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hard to imagine today being even a tenth as good as last night, but the second round was probably the best part of last year's draft so here's hoping someone really covets a long snapper or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

My man

• Locked thread