Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Flikken posted:

Though seriously, RB isn't a position of need. We need a line.

Taking Cook over Hooker would be a travesty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Ehud posted:

Hue Jackson won and therefore I think the Browns should also get a victory

We will pass. Gotta keep that #1 pick. The last game was very tense watching with 'real' fans who would be upset if I told them I was rooting for the loss. Now we need Garret.

Also, heard the Bills want to trade up to 1, but they have the 10th pick, which is too low for my liking.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
P excited about Mitch as our next local boy done good QB. Frye, Hoyer, and Quinn really lit up the scoreboard!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
We don't want Romo, he would last even less time than RG3 did in his initial run this season (< half game).

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
You can't win with a team full of choir boys. I'd take Mixon at 3-1 if he is there and no better option is available.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
He is a first round pick without the wife beating part, an elite talent. Crow and Duke are just OK IMHO, we could use an elite back to go with our new O-line, but maybe just going all D and 1 WR is the plan for now?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I want the Browns to draft an Amaizeing player, a real old school throwback. Anyone like that in this years draft?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Teams are already starting to tank for 3 years from now when Kobe Buffalomeat is draft eligible. Gonna be more blatant than the Suck for Luck shenanigans.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I don't know, its the battle, the going to war with the other guys, hanging together, having our own dorm, staying in hotels the night before the games, setting ourselves apart, being different than everybody else, having a chance to be somebody, to do something that people look up to you for, your strength, your courage, not everybody can play football... we're the lucky ones

To put it even simpler:

A SEAT AT THE TABLE!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
"Starters should all be 1st or 2nd round picks. Backups can be 3rd rounders and rookies."
-Cleveland Browns forum posters

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I liked it. With all the stupid picks in the top 11 Malik Hooker slides right to us. That won't be happening IRL.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

FizFashizzle posted:

Lots of smoke the Panthers are trying to trade up with San Fran, ostensibly to draft Soloman Thomas of all loving people.

Kill me.

Maybe for Fournette, the GM said NO PICK is too high to take a running back!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

FizFashizzle posted:

They don't need to trade up to 2nd for fournette.

I was joking. But I am surprised SF wants to trade down now that word out of Washington is that they are committed to locking up Cousins long-term. Should take Mitchell to be honest, maybe they want to trade down b/c no QB is worth the 2 pick.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Garrett's a freak athlete who has something like 30 sacks in three years at AM. Moreover, he plays like a freak athlete, and actually has some decent pass rushing moves. The only real knock on him is motor, as he had a tendency to basically take some plays off.

regardless, he good

We gotta take him, BUT...

Like over half those sacks came against crappy teams. Also, he has a couple moves, but that is one of the things he is going to need to work on, more pass rushing moves besides a bull and speed rush, which many say won't be a problem to learn at all. From everywhere I've heard his absolute floor is a solid starter and ceiling is All Pro.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Joey Freshwater posted:

I love the guy but lol

He is the only guy I have heard of who passes the "Parcells Test" for drafting a QB in this class, so maybe.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
The Browns should NOT trade down from #1. They need to take Garret there. Then IF they believe Mitch is a FQB they can use all their seconds and other extra picks to move up and get him. The appeal of having all those future picks is to use them to move up for a QB next year, which is supposed to have much better QB's, but the same was said about this year last year so it is just a crap shoot. Depends how high up we would have to go, I don't mind giving 12, 2 seconds, and some late rounders, we would still have a full draft this year and next year. I don't know if Mitch is the guy, but if noted QB Whisperer Hue wants him, whatever, get the process started instead of waiting another year. Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I really want the Browns to trade with the Titans so we can drop back to 12, still get a good player and get a second round pick and maybe something for 2018

5 for 12, 52, and our lowest 2018 2nd? Would you do it? Probably a little much but I would.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
At 5 I would want Adams/Hooker or Thomas if he is still there. But, in reality it would be for Mitch, I am growing on not waiting another year for a QB class that isn't promised to be any better than this one or last years. Let's get this show on the road, could make the playoffs in 3 years if we score a FQB this year.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

MrLogan posted:

You could just get him at 12 and not trade away draft picks.

I don't think he will be there. I don't think he is worth the trade up, but if that is the guy they want, and this includes thinking he is better than Wentz last year, they should get him.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I want Kizer now, not at 12 though. *throws this post at Hue*

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
1. Garrett
2-4. QB's
5-6. RB's
7. O Line

8. Thomas
9. Adams
10. Hooker
11. Allen

Guess ya gotta go Lattimore or Howard or trade down here if you are the Browns, unless I am missing someone.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
edit isn't quote.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Yeah, if one WR goes top 11 we get another difference maker on D, or we could take Williams. Heard here Ross has terrible medicals and maybe here that Davis might fall to the second round (which I doubt, but would grab at 33).

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Bigass Moth posted:

The Browns are going to shock us all by selecting Deshone Kizer #1 overall.

Too Millennial, hard pass.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Wew lads, only 13.5 hours left to see if the Browns are gonna do the dumbest thing ever.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
^^^ should be saying they are going to take Mitch if they were smart so the Browns would be fleeced by them, not the Titans.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

a new study bible! posted:

How great would it be if Cleveland sparked a qb run by taking Tub number 1? I want to see some GMs panic.

And after a volley of trades and Chad Kelly going #11 the Browns get Garret at 12. 56th degree chess by Sashi going on here.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Taco Charlton locking up a deal with Taco Bell as we speak.

Corn Elder working the rounds in Iowa, trying to strike a deal with the Big Corn Lobby.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Money Hunter has the best name and I will fight anyone who disagrees with me.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Intruder posted:

Blewitt as a kicker name, come on man

But the football is the money and he is gonna hunt it. Excellent center field ball hawk IMHO.

e; Or we can use the old joke about playing for bounty payments

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I don't want any posers. You win!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I want Mahomes, if he falls to 32 to be specific for this hypothetical would the Saints take 33 and a 6th or even 7th for the swap if we told them they could probably trade it for a lot more than that?

e; I mean the 33rd pick they could trade it for a great deal if someone wants someone that slipped out of the first. We want the 5th year option.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

kiimo posted:

This post is the equivalent of the mom who is out of touch walking into the mall in the early 80s past women clawing each others' eyes out and saying I've heard of this cabbage patch doll can you sell me one please

Well Mahomes won't be there, but the Browns traded the 12 for the 13th pick for a 6th rounder when the Ravens took Ngata so this should cost a conditional 7th at most, but LOL Browns, they also traded a 2nd to move up one spot to take Winslow Jr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I'm looking at Corn Elder, I guess he is a CB which we need, always thought he was a D lineman because of his name, am I a racist?

• Locked thread