Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i think i don't like ernie, in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

i think i don't like ernie, in this game

a strange comma

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
a rude comma

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

it was highly stylish, actually

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Moatillata (2): stickup, PMom, Moat, -Moat
CCKeane (2): MMT, dongsbot

Pinterest Mom (1): Moat
Ernie (1): Max
Max (1): TMM

TMMadman (0): Max, -Max

:h: With 15 alive it takes 8 votes to execute.
:d: Day 1 deadline: Tuesday, November 15th, ~11PM EST. That's in about 22 hours from this post.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

LEAD FOR WHAT, SOMBER?!

the lead on an earnest lynch.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

what's up with gsct here

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

beset by economic anxiety, Somberbrero no longer uses "dunk".

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Somberbrero posted:

this post is weird, like you're waiting for someone else to take the lead.

I agree, it's like you're trying to get someone to agree with you and then you'll jump on them with an "ITS ALL A PUPPETERS RUSE"

I mean obviously cactus man was just joking.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
No I like Ernie (no mean commas here) and I don't think his cases are really that bad. It seemed to be more of a...scheme which is alignment neutral.

I expected him to think Max was scummy for it though, I don't really get how you think an emptyvote makes it seem like a push to move out of jokephase. I am perplexed.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote Charles Chester Keane

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

I agree, it's like you're trying to get someone to agree with you and then you'll jump on them with an "ITS ALL A PUPPETERS RUSE"

I mean obviously cactus man was just joking.

Don't let the dancing fool you. Ernie is a serious guy who makes serious cases. The dancing will only distract you, do not be hypnotized by it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asiina posted:

No I like Ernie (no mean commas here) and I don't think his cases are really that bad. It seemed to be more of a...scheme which is alignment neutral.

I expected him to think Max was scummy for it though, I don't really get how you think an emptyvote makes it seem like a push to move out of jokephase. I am perplexed.

And yet it wasn't a scheme! Apparently.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also it was a hot take.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

And yet it wasn't a scheme! Apparently.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

beset by economic anxiety, Somberbrero no longer uses "dunk".

yeah i don't know, it's a thing i've been thinking about lately. i think alternatives to 'lynch' are probably better but it feels like kind of a pointless battle now? i don't know.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
no one knows themself very well, i think.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Keane, what do you think about the interaction so far between pmom and moat? You mentioned something of your olfactory senses tingling?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

this is a stickup posted:

lighthearted fun is what makes us human. are you sure you're not some kind of sinister monster, hell-bent on destroying joy?

My post was a sarcastic criticism of those who might try to take our joke phase away prematurely. I believe joke phase can be just as provocative as serious scum hunting in relation to gauging reactions to posts. Of course it's a symbiotic relationship between the jokers and the serious scum hunters. The jokers provoke dialog, no matter how asinine , that eventually will draw out bis and pieces for the hunters to pick apart and analyze. We really should be weary of those that push lynches with minimal or no-case to back it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Dick Bastardly posted:

Keane, what do you think about the interaction so far between pmom and moat? You mentioned something of your olfactory senses tingling?

I'm glad they taught me to read in rogue cop school, back when I had something to lose.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Asiina posted:

So Ernie I'm assuming you were making a lovely case to try to catch people jumping on you.

Because goddamn.

Somberbrero posted:

this post is weird, like you're waiting for someone else to take the lead.

I don't really see how this jives with her calling him out. It doesn't necessarily mean she thinks Ernie is scum, but it could. I just don't get how this post is supposedly asiina taking a backseat.

I'm actually trying to post in this game guys! How am I doing?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I think Sombre's logic is that it seems like Asiina is trying to lightly push onto Ernie.

I mean, otherwise what is the point of that post anyway then? Ernie makes an obvious joke post, and for some reason, Asiina decides to deride them for it?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

I think Sombre's logic is that it seems like Asiina is trying to lightly push onto Ernie.

I mean, otherwise what is the point of that post anyway then? Ernie makes an obvious joke post, and for some reason, Asiina decides to deride them for it?

hmm i actually think this is a voteable offense

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##vote Tired Moritz

that post seems to come from scum who knows both asiina and i are town

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
rude??? can you explain why?

I'm trying to explain why I think Sombre thought Asiina's post is odd.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I don't really see how this jives with her calling him out. It doesn't necessarily mean she thinks Ernie is scum, but it could. I just don't get how this post is supposedly asiina taking a backseat.

I'm actually trying to post in this game guys! How am I doing?

It seemed more like she was trying to come up with an excuse for why he made such a lame post. I don't know why town would do that though.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

I don't know. There are too many reasons to think max is town and too few to think he's scum.

That vote looks lazy in hindsight. If he's scum he knows it's a quick way to draw attention/disagreement right now. He's hopping his vote many times trying to stick it somewhere etc. It would all be very careless scum play.

Whereas on the scum side ... what? He reacted semi badly to a semi badly worded post?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ernie. posted:

I don't know. There are too many reasons to think max is town and too few to think he's scum.

That vote looks lazy in hindsight. If he's scum he knows it's a quick way to draw attention/disagreement right now. He's hopping his vote many times trying to stick it somewhere etc. It would all be very careless scum play.

Whereas on the scum side ... what? He reacted semi badly to a semi badly worded post?

This post really pings me.

First of all, what are the 'many' reasons to think Max is town?

Second, saying Max is hopping his vote around is wrong and a complete mischaracterization. He has voted twice. Once was his empty vote for me and then the other was for you because of what you said about Keane.

Third, I don't know know where you're going with that third line.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I can't tell if Ernie is making bad cases to try and catch someone hopping onto it or because he actually believes them

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Voting twice = hopping vote many times.

Preview Edit: Fuckin TMM.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Oh god, I had no idea what Ernie is even talking about but I didn't want to seem stupid by asking for another explanation.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Don't worry. You seem stupid either way! :v:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

TMMadman posted:

Second, saying Max is hopping his vote around is wrong and a complete mischaracterization. He has voted twice. Once was his empty vote for me and then the other was for you because of what you said about Keane.

Third, I don't know know where you're going with that third line.

I'm sorry you got pinged. :(

I'm also sorry you missed all the classes for reading comprehension at your school between first and twelfth grade. :(

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I can't tell if Ernie is making bad cases to try and catch someone hopping onto it or because he actually believes them

I am in fact making the opposite of cases.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ernie. posted:

I'm sorry you got pinged. :(

I'm also sorry you missed all the classes for reading comprehension at your school between first and twelfth grade. :(

Nice evasion.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

TMMadman posted:

Nice evasion.

What am I evading?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ernie. posted:

What am I evading?

The direct question I asked you.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

TMMadman posted:

The direct question I asked you.

This post really pings me. TMM says he asked me a question but it's nowhere to be found.

Likely scum? Dunno, it's up to you, dear reader.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ernie. posted:

This post really pings me. TMM says he asked me a question but it's nowhere to be found.

Likely scum? Dunno, it's up to you, dear reader.

Hmmmm....

TMMadman posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

TMMadman posted:

Ernie...

• Locked thread