Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
yes hello. i can't wait to be hanged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I Might Unvote Before Revoting. Maybe. Probably. Depends On How Sassy I'm Feelin' And Also If I Am A Double Voter Or Not.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Moatillata posted:

[i]Satisfied with your work, you write one more thing on the board.

:boom:

gonna need some proof you wrote this on a chalkboard. lynch all liars ##vote moat

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Ernie. posted:

I understand that if I don't unvote in enough Ecco games, they'll get annoyed with me and eventually always make me a double voter!

woah drat, that's a pro strategy right there. gotta remember this for future games!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

I got my eye on you, kid

I missed the chance to post this during cat lady mafia

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Ernie. posted:

WAIT A MINUTE

I SEE THROUGH THIS TRICK

"them" in the monsters took "them" refers to your family.
"they" in "they're all dead" refers to the monsters!!

KEANE IS A KILLER.

woah poo poo, that right there is some damning evidence folks

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Dick Bastardly posted:

If we can't kill joke phase by page 3, then something is terribly wrong. Them drat monsters...joking around n' stuff. Don't they know having fun is sinful and just... not human?

lighthearted fun is what makes us human. are you sure you're not some kind of sinister monster, hell-bent on destroying joy?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm on lunch break and having a pint of 8% beer

it's pretty good

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
removing my joke vote ##unvote

I woke up with what seems to be a migraine coming on, I am going to go die now but will try to be on before deadline

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
Feeling somewhat less like death now. Ernie is definitely acting extremely erratic but I think he actually was right about TM, albeit for the wrong reason

Tired Moritz posted:

I think Sombre's logic is that it seems like Asiina is trying to lightly push onto Ernie.

I mean, otherwise what is the point of that post anyway then? Ernie makes an obvious joke post, and for some reason, Asiina decides to deride them for it?

Tired Moritz posted:

rude??? can you explain why?

I'm trying to explain why I think Sombre thought Asiina's post is odd.

Tired Moritz posted:

##vote Ernie

I don't want a no-lynch and I feel like Ernie's being scummy with the way that they are posting. So dodgy and filled with padding.

We were just scum together in another game, and talked a fair amount about why TM always comes off as scummy. In that scumdoc, TM was always overthinking everything, down to the most minute details. Even what he considered to be a towny stance was obviously from a scum point of view.

His posting in this thread is already giving me the exact same vibes, with him trying to explain why each poster is posting the way they do. Not enough to call him scum, nor am I comfortable with a vote on him right now, but this is the exact same scum TM posting style.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

TMMadman posted:

Man, I just feel like every single vote on Ernie is bad right now. The only possible exception is starting vote by Max.

I think at least one of the votes is from scum.

Also I kind of agree with this, and it (or one) is probably TM. He has a tendency to follow other scum on and off of votes, I commented that his voting/unvoting was incredibly scummy in last game's scumdoc as well

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

imo i play like that all the time. I have a lot of free time to overthink. :(

yeah well you might be right, it's only day one and not exactly a case

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Murmur Twin posted:

And this is totally meta but I'll put it out since I think it - I believe that if TMM were scum he would have 100% been having this argument in the scumdoc, which makes me lean town there.

Not sure that this is the case, given that he was actively posting at the same time ecco posted the extension. No reason to not directly quote and reply, other than futility I guess

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I don't really like all the votes on Ernie. He doesn't seem particularly scummy to me. I'm more pinged by tmm and dick.

I'm iffy on tmm, but pretty sure you're wrong about dick. This is wildly meta, but I've correctly pegged him as scum in 3 recent games during D1, and I'm just not seeing it here.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Too many people are basing their cases on meta so far. I can understand like bringing it up bc you noticed something or other, but casing or voting someone entirely on meta is terrible.

I'm guilty of this but I need to read everything once my head isn't killing me before I can form any real opinions. though I'm not voting based on my meta reads anyway

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Murmur Twin posted:

Max - what about what Ernie posted there is scummy? It read more like "person trying to solve puzzle" and less like "person trying to fake opinion" to me.

It doesn't seem like there is much of a puzzle to solve really. pretty obvious that keane isn't serious. I think ernie read too much into it rather than being scum though

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm defending ernie, not you?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
lol. Do you feel that I am stealing your spotlight by weighing in during a discussion about why someone playing a game where players discuss things might have said something incriminating? Why are you defensive about possibly being defended by someone that doesn't even agree with you? I'm neutral on TMM but I don't think ernie is scum based on some strange d1 behavior.

That right there is some strange behavior on your part, though.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Ernie. posted:

max still thinks i called him scum, which is just bizarre,

dick bastardly is likely town especially with his real annoyance at how i've played

of all the players in this thread, i currently like 'this is a stickup' the most. are they new?

hello there erniefriend, I haven't played mafia in many years and never on SA so yeah you can count me as new. also I agree with what you've said here.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

##unvote
##vote moritz

look at their vote on ernest. bad bad bad

Tired Moritz posted:

##unvote

Okay Ernie just made a post that doesn't made me go 'wtf am I reading" so he's good in my eyes.

see, this right here is exactly what I was talking about. these posts are only 5 minutes apart. literally as soon as someone called TM out for a vote, he immediately unvotes for a seriously vague reason. this is the same TM I was in a scumdoc with during cat lady mafia.

##vote tired moritz

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I agree with you about ernie, and I'm sorry in advance if I'm reading you wrong because I like you and enjoyed being scum with you last game, but it seems too similar for me to ignore at this point.

I'm not at all super convinced and my vote is definitely not set in stone here, so there is a good chance when I reread I'll find something else to sway me

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Max posted:

This is not at all what my argument was.

If that's the case, you can basically ignore why I questioned you because I assumed you were considering ernie scummy too. my bad.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
reverse that, I assumed you were defending yourself because ernie considered you scummy.

I've had a consierable amount of whiskey over the last hout

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I hope any of that makes sense, i'm gonna go pass out now

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
hi folks, I'm very sick atm and headed to a doctor right now, I will check in before the deadline unless I am literally passed out in bed. currently comfortable with votes on TM, Pmom, and chores

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
Feeling a bit better now, or well my fever is down at least. I'm sticking with my vote for now, TM's response and nothing else since have swayed me.

I seriously doubt dick is scum. He's asking questions that I also would want to know and it feels pretty genuine. I would be leaning pmom if we were considering high volume/low content posters but that's not necessary right now imo

Chores is really weirding me out this game, and I have no idea if that's a good or bad thing

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I will be able to check my phone but not actively post around the deadline. prefer TM right now but would go pmom if that's where the consensus is.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

also if I die, I'm blaming stickup

rude :v:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't see how it's self-conscious at all. I really did not unvote just because of Fisk, it's really unfortunate timing. Okay, if Fisk didn't vote for me, would I probably unvoted? Definitely, especially when the reason I voted Ernie was because he was dodging questions and being confusing.

you make a fair point about me using meta bs but this post is pinging me equally hard. try and read back over all of that from my pov, it reads just like I would expect from your scum play.

at this point though I would really just like to not nolynch on day 1

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
##unvote

##vote keane

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
motherfuck, literally ran to a place with wifi for that

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Dick Bastardly posted:

I don't really like Pmom's play so far, his voting feels very opportunistic to me. The only content with any real weight seems to revolve around an argument about a correlation of scumminess to lurkiness, which isn't a great argument imo but especially D1 when it isn't even apparent that lurkiness is habitual or damaging to town in any case thus far.

Dick Bastardly posted:

If you really want to know how I feel right now, other than what I've already said, I will add that I'm not liking Keane or Chores for their mystery posting although I do have a non-scum type theory for Keane's behavior and would like to see how night mafia shakes out. Same with chores, except my read here is really more middle of the road not leaning scum or town. I really feel like without results, their play will fall apart.

my reads of dick's alignment have been 4/4 on d1 now. I'm a little unsure of what to make of his posts, but these two stuck out to me reading over them just now. wasn't feeling super strong about pmom on day 1, but the low content/high volume was definitely noticeable.

Chores claimed that keane and mmt are surely scum together. keane flips town, and dick was at least somewhat suspicious of chores. right now I have a null read on chores, probably because the different posting style is really throwing me off. iirc chores has only been town in the games I've played with him which makes the difference stick out.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
looking back through it, chores makes very reasonable points about cckeane being scummy though

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
also TM didn't visit me last night. I'm vanilla though so do pull me in if your claim is actually real

off to sleep now

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
sorry I'm still feeling pretty loopy from medication and probably not making much sense. soon as I laid down my sinuses felt like they were gonna explode, now Im sitting up in bed at 2am and want to die

I was hoping to find something hseful in dbs posts, i remembered your posting from d1 but I don't really agree with db here.

thought I did with chores, but looking back at his posts it didnt seem like db was on to anything. he was barking up the wrong trees I think

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm awake and here to say that I got an action failed visiting stick-up. How the hell would stick-up know if I didn't visit him or what? I'm a recruiter, not part of the masonry itself.

Anyway, here's a list of this I can think happened:
1. roleblocked
2. redirected to pr
3. stickup's lying

wait am I misunderstanding your role? I assumed if you visited me, I'd be told I was part of a masonry and given a link to a mason doc or something, no?

I'm not a pr, and tbh I could definitely see your action being hosed with after announcing it in the thread. It would be a perfect way to make you and I suspect each other further

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
ah, gotcha. yeah you might be right, either way it's moot for now since someone messed with your action

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'd be alright with tmm based on the events of the latter half and esp. ending of d1 but holding off for now until everyone can check in. also I'm going to try and sleep again

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm vanilla so either he didn't visit me or someone hosed with his action

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm leaning towards the latter because it would be dumb to say he would visit me, actually visit someone else, and then claim action failed when I reported that I wasn't visited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
afaik if you were roleblocked, you wouldn't slam your face against anyone, regardless of role

• Locked thread