Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
im going to lurk this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

##vote cckeane

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Dick Bastardly posted:

I agree that Ernie. seems slightly erratic. Most likely my vote, but will withhold for now.

Chores, what about Keane's posting is worthy of a vote? I'm not saying I don't think he's worthy of a vote btw, I'm legit curious to see a case.

I have a read.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

I used to not make cases, then I started making cases b/c ppl asked all the time, but I'm going back to not making cases.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

I now know two (2) scum, but to avoid diluting my message, I will continue to urge my fellow players to follow my lead and vote scum CCKeane.

Namaste and Godbless.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Feeling very confident on the second name on my list, almost as confident as the first name on my list: CCKeane.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

The other name I was very confident on (other than CCKeane) was, in fact, MurmurTwin so I'd be fine switching to that.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

who is dongsbot

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Reasons. Ask me after the game if you want to know.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

What's the pro-town reason to engage in conversation w/ a scum?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

There is one (1) reason to talk to a scum, and that's to provide an organic conversation you can point to so other players will feel more confident that you are not a scum once the scum player flips. I feel like this brief exchange is probably enough to cover that.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

I feel like that I've been dominating the rhetoric in a lot of games I play, especially in the early game, so I decided to take a step back and let other voices chime in. To my surprise, I am still the dominant point of conversation in this game. How exciting. I don't want to overtly insert my commentary to a very interesting discussion, but I would like to emphasize that I publicly made two alignment calls, even if I am withholding the cases for now, and have demonstrated my involvement of the game by promptly responding to things I feel necessary to respond. Why are lurkers bad? Because they don't pay attention to the game, and because they're difficult to read. I'll continue following the game, nominating individuals I suspect are scummy, and generally having opinions for you to form your opinions on whether I'm towny or scummy.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

wtf is happening

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Hello, it's me, charismatic cult leader dongs chores, inviting everyone to vote CCKeane.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

CCKeane has not posted anything of content in D1 except dropping a vote on MurmurTwin

CCKeane posted:

I'd back you.

##vote MMT

As a rogue cop with nothing to lose, I'm comfortable revealing MMT's dark secret: She was behind deflategate.

forgetting why he did it

CCKeane posted:

What's your case on MMT again? I remember thinking "hhmmmmm yes" but I forget the details and as a rogue cop with nothing to lose, I'm very lazy.

then having an opinion again

CCKeane posted:

MMT posting. That is good for the game.

I still think she is a bad.

then forgetting again

CCKeane posted:

I like my vote where it is, on *looks at vote count* Murmur Twin.

before voting Tired Moritz and going to bed at 10:20 PM on a Thursday (CCKeane lives in EST).

I am reasonably confident that CCKeane and MurmurTwin are scumbros. If CCKeane flips scum, I can almost guarantee MurmurTwin is scum. If Keane doesn't flip scum, well, maybe I'll have to do more in this game that just an initial read.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

It seems like the majority of the players refuse to play this game and would rather NL, but, hey, I'm the lurker who's jeopardising the integrity of this game, what do I know?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Thank you, friend Pinterest Mom, or as you might say, ami Pinterest Maman

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Tired Moritz, can you restate your role and its restrictions? I think you're implying you'd die if you visit a scum, but I don't think you ever explicitly said that.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

visit nilla: they join a masonry, I don't. they don't know me.
visit town pr: fail action
visit scum: die

What is the flavour behind your role?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

I forgive Jonathan Fisk for his contrary ways, but I am incredibly irked at players who refuse to meaningfully vote around the deadline, i.e. Asiina, Ernie., and TMMadman.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

like i'm not going to hold this against you because unlike tmm or mmt who both peaced out, you're here, i just really wish you would compromise.

Well, MurmurTwin probably won't hammer her scumbro, so.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

🤔

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

I reviewed my role PM and my character is named Klemens, please refer to me as such.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

i've decided tmm is being artificially mad ##vote tmm

Somberbrero posted:

it is very very tempting but, and i say this with the least amount of malice possible, if there's anyone capable of an irrational meltdown on that level it is TM the Mad Man.

I agree with these two statements.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

TMMadman posted:

Yeah it happens but it shouldn't be the towniest person (besides me) in the game. Keane may not really have been helping, but picking a gimmick and sticking with it is his standard operating procedure when he's vanilla, especially in an ecco game.

The towniest person in the game?

That seems like a stretch.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Dang, if people adhere to meta like that, why don't people realise I just scumclaim every time I'm scum (Absurd Revolver's Boring Corey, jimson's Neko Atsume) and stop lynching me at all.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Seems good. ##vote Pinterest Mom

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

I don't have a second read yet, which is modestly problematic, given that the posting has died down for the weekend. I might expend the time to make a second read this weekend, but I hope someone else picks up the slack!

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Who are we lynching today?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

##unvote ##vote Anonymous Narcotics I would also entertain a Ernie. or MMT lynch at this point.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

I feel that.

##unvote ##vote asiina

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

I'd switch to Ernie. later tonight if necessary, but Asiina feels like scum in my bones and I have to listen to Jonathan Fisk since he listened to me when I pushed a town mislynch.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

TMMadman posted:

But again, we don't get any real useful information even if Asiina is scum. At this point, flipping either Max or Ernie should give us a better idea of the other persons alignment.

I mean I'm all for lynching lurkers most of the time, but this doesn't seem like a good spot to do it.

If Ernie. flips town, is Max townier or scummier?
If Ernie. flips scum, is Max townier or scummier?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

post the role pm

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

I am voting Asiina and I am going to bed, namaste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i didnt sing one song so i won

• Locked thread