Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That emergency door thing is insane. I never heard of that and it seems just downright immoral.

Hey, you may die in an emergency trying to get out of these emergency doors, but it might someday prevent someone from stealing a $10 bottle of allergy meds.

Can I petition the government or something about this? Is it a state thing? This is just horrible and I honestly can't believe I just read that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Just picked up my new glasses. The 'Shaquille O'Neal Signature" frames for my fat potato Head.
Got a hot dog.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Richard M Nixon posted:

My whole foods has started carrying bitchin sauce so I bought a tub after reading you all go nuts over it. I wasn't really impressed. Less flavor than hummus and a little harder to spread. I only tried the original flavor, though.

I oddly did the exact same thing today. It's okay. There was a secondary flavor but don't remember what it was.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Richard M Nixon posted:

My whole foods has started carrying bitchin sauce so I bought a tub after reading you all go nuts over it. I wasn't really impressed. Less flavor than hummus and a little harder to spread. I only tried the original flavor, though.

I have the opposite opinion, I bought the regular the other day and it's delicious. I've just been dipping some tortilla chips in it.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That emergency door thing is insane. I never heard of that and it seems just downright immoral.

Hey, you may die in an emergency trying to get out of these emergency doors, but it might someday prevent someone from stealing a $10 bottle of allergy meds.

Can I petition the government or something about this? Is it a state thing? This is just horrible and I honestly can't believe I just read that.

It’s not that bad when you consider in an actual fire emergency the doors unlock immediately but fire codes aren’t written with active shooter situations in mind

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

FCKGW posted:

It’s not that bad when you consider in an actual fire emergency the doors unlock immediately but fire codes aren’t written with active shooter situations in mind

I'd imagine that's only if someone pulls a fire alarm. That 's still ridiculous. They should be unlocked at all times and if you open the door then the fire alarm should go off automatically.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Bad cop thread is reporting it was a cop btw. Discuss that aspect there if interested.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Burt Sexual posted:

Bad cop thread is reporting it was a cop btw. Discuss that aspect there if interested.

PBUC, ACAB.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Richard M Nixon posted:

i've only tried the Chipotle. My opinion was very low of it at first, but it really kinda grew on me and by the end I thought it was pretty good. I wouldn't buy it very often though, maybe for a large picnic or once or twice a year.

can't say about the original though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

It wasn’t a cop that initiated the shooting there was one in the store at the time that shot back at the suspect FYI.

I’m still trying to figure out that door thing though that just blows my mind. Do they unlock if the power goes out??

Anyway Costco related heading back this week to get more of the awesome guacamole salsa and egg whites.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

It wasn’t a cop that initiated the shooting there was one in the store at the time that shot back at the suspect FYI.

I’m still trying to figure out that door thing though that just blows my mind. Do they unlock if the power goes out??

Anyway Costco related heading back this week to get more of the awesome guacamole salsa and egg whites.

I looked up the law in my state (NJ): the doors must open immediately if a fire alarm goes off or if the door loses power. Still seems pretty hosed up

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Dogs and Prayers corona Costco faithful

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

SpannerX posted:

PBUC, ACAB.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'd imagine that's only if someone pulls a fire alarm. That 's still ridiculous. They should be unlocked at all times and if you open the door then the fire alarm should go off automatically.

I posted earlier that the doors are unlocked automatically if triggered by fire alarm or the sprinklers go off. There’s only a delay if the push bars are activated.

I worked in retail and the fire doors would go off multiple times a week from shoplifters running out or stockers bumping into them with pallet jacks. Making them also activate the fire alarm would not be a very good idea.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Burt Sexual posted:

Link to thread?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Coredump posted:

Link to thread?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3826390&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=246#post495953204

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

It wasn’t a cop that initiated the shooting there was one in the store at the time that shot back at the suspect FYI. .

Huh? According to that article the cop was the shooter, apparently mag dumping into a guy with a mohawk because he felt threatened

On topic: My church has food on the left and I got a dog and two drinks yesterday. One came with the dog and the other was free from the guy ahead of me who said drinking Pepsi products was immoral and he didn't want it :shrug:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Costco had no briskets yesterday. Today’s promised shipments never came.

Instead of dads day brisket I have to have ribs and chicken.

Costco hath forsaken me. I have been forsook.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

FCKGW posted:

I posted earlier that the doors are unlocked automatically if triggered by fire alarm or the sprinklers go off. There’s only a delay if the push bars are activated.

I understand that. It's still horrible. There should never be any sort of delay on a door that is specifically designed for people to escape through in an emergency.

FCKGW posted:

I worked in retail and the fire doors would go off multiple times a week from shoplifters running out or stockers bumping into them with pallet jacks. Making them also activate the fire alarm would not be a very good idea.

I see emergency doors all the time here with "Don't push this" signs on it due to alarms. If they lock any sort of emergency door then there is no point in having them and a different solution is needed.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SpannerX posted:

PBUC, ACAB.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

SpannerX posted:

PBUC, ACAB.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Mondian posted:

On topic: My church has food on the left and I got a dog and two drinks yesterday. One came with the dog and the other was free from the guy ahead of me who said drinking Pepsi products was immoral and he didn't want it :shrug:

Ditto on the Pepsi angle. I wish they'd let you swap the drink for something else...maybe get a berry smoothie for an extra dollar or something.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Pershing posted:

Ditto on the Pepsi angle. I wish they'd let you swap the drink for something else...maybe get a berry smoothie for an extra dollar or something.
I always just get the straight soda water from the machine instead.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Pershing posted:

Soda is basically free in terms of their COGS, so they can't really trade you up into anything that's, you know, real food with nutrition.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

SpannerX posted:

PBUC, ACAB.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Taima posted:

Soda is basically free in terms of their COGS, so they can't really trade you up into anything that's, you know, real food with nutrition.

Yeah, that soda is their built-in profit buffer. Without it the hotdog is very unprofitable.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Siri, How many hot dogs has Costco sold last year.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

FCKGW posted:

Yeah, that soda is their built-in profit buffer. Without it the hotdog is very unprofitable.

wait, isnt it the same price with or without soda

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Yes.

Soda is used that way pretty much everywhere but movie theaters. They make like 90% of their money off of concessions.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. The reason it's been $1.50 forever is because the soda is where all the profit margin is baked in despite the rising cost of the dog.

If it was just a hot dog for $1 or $1.50 or whatever then the math doesn't work. You can't separate the soda from the equation.

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jun 16, 2019

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Went to Costco earlier today for gas and thought about getting a dog and soda also, but didn't in order to save room for father's day dinner. I have regrets. And a deep unfulfilled craving.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

SpannerX posted:

PBUC, ACAB.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

went to church today to return some stuff. it was a madhouse, in the 5 minutes i was in line probably 60 people exited the store with carts of stuff. kinda wanted to get a few things but didn't feel like dicking around a packed store and lines

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Pershing posted:

I generally avoid soda altogether, but I'm out of touch... why are people hating pepsi now

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mondian posted:

I generally avoid soda altogether, but I'm out of touch... why are people hating pepsi now

IMO coke / Diet Coke is better from the fountain.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

what's wrong with the lemonade

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mondian posted:

they are basically the same sugar product with very slight differences

anyone who argues for one or the other is a really sad person unless they are making money doing such

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Half pepsi, half lemonade. That way I get a serving of fruit.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Chinatown posted:

they are basically the same sugar product with very slight differences

anyone who argues for one or the other is a really sad person unless they are making money doing such

yeah im a person who couldn't give a poo poo whether it's coke or pepis. both are disgusting but i'll drink whatever if thats what theyre serving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Mondian posted:

I prefer berry smoothies. Also I don't like Pepsi's product line in general.