Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

I picked up melona frozen fruit bars on a whim-holy gently caress you make some tasty treats, Korea!

Honeydew, coconut, and mango flavors-they are all loving amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

nwin posted:

I picked up melona frozen fruit bars on a whim-holy gently caress you make some tasty treats, Korea!

They are so good. If I didn't live in an apartment and had a chest freezer or a fridge with a bigger freezer, I'd be constantly buying those things.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Getting some summer beers and margarita mix for the warmer weather. What food are they selling right now that is easy to bbq?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

poisonpill posted:

Getting some summer beers and margarita mix for the warmer weather. What food are they selling right now that is easy to bbq?

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
Get some shrimp.

We got a three pack of pork loin (the smaller size) and chicken breast. Oh if you get Salmon, make sure it is from Norway not Chile.

I’ve never tried the ribs at Costco but someday maybe.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

I've never bought the bigger dinner franks.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

StormDrain posted:

There is no equivalent.

There is, it's called Metro. I'm European.

amaguri
Mar 27, 2010

hey, we bought this! and yes there's no electricity, no plumbing, etc. it is absolutely a "studio shed" as described. we got it in 2019 but it's been super useful during covid times since we're both working from home, i can head out back for a change of scenery (and to avoid hearing my husband on conference calls...)

it's definitely more expensive than if you were to build something similar yourself, but that's the point-- they do everything for you. it's fairly nicely insulated and even (semi-) finished inside. i went through and did some more detail work, patched some stuff, painted some stuff, sealed some stuff, but that was all not really essential. overall i'm pretty happy with it.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I got sriracha almonds from Costco recently. Definitely a great purchase to buy in a big bag like that.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

RocketLunatic posted:

Get some shrimp.

We got a three pack of pork loin (the smaller size) and chicken breast. Oh if you get Salmon, make sure it is from Norway not Chile.

Where is the Kirkland brand from?

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003

nwin posted:

I got these pre-covid and they were awesome but I hadn't seen them again until my last visit. Highly recommended. Costco in general was looking fully stocked for the first time in over a year, was nice to see.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

SirPablo posted:

I've never bought the bigger dinner franks.

Don't. The only way I could eat them was to split them in half and put it on two buns. They're pointless, just eat two dogs instead.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
we make some outrageously mediocre frozen treats too, tbh, but we dont export that poo poo

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

RocketLunatic posted:

Get some shrimp.

I got a couple bags of the gulf of mexico shrimp last week, dankness confirmed

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Local costco went all out on plants this year. My usual complaint is they sell out too quickly. The cost is so much cheaper than anywhere else and the plants are bigger too, and it rules. This year they fenced off a section outside and propped open an emergency exit, there's a ton of stuff. I picked up just a flat of pansies because I already panic bought three flats when they had them in the cart barn prior.

Also got some great sheets, the pillowcases have a flap to stay on which has been a problem with my old sheets. So that honestly is a pretty lame thing but it does make my life a little cleaner.

I very nearly bought two giant jars of luxardo cherries, it was just too much and would have led to far too many cocktails at my house. Of course if I can convince someone to split it then I will absolutely have one giant jar.

PBUC.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

pentyne posted:

Where is the Kirkland brand from?

I think it depends upon where you are, the last stuff I bought here in Seattle was from Alaska. I've seen Norwegian and Scottish salmon in eastern Canada though.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

nwin posted:

poo poo, these are back? I'm getting fatter...

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Whooping Crabs posted:

poo poo, these are back? I'm getting fatter...

They’re only like 130 calories each!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

nwin posted:

They’re only like 130 calories each390 calories a set!

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

How are the Kirkland branded jeans? I have been dropping some weight, so $13 for a pair of jeans seems pretty cheap. They didn’t have what I thought my size was (40), but turns out I had lost more than I thought, so I need to go back and buy some 38s. They had tons of everything but 40 waist. Even some 42s, so it’s not like they stopped at 38s.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
The Kirkland jeans aren't very good. They don't last very long and they seem to rip or tear easier than other brands. I used to buy them because they're cheap but I'm much happier now spending twice as much on Levi's.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
theyre much stretchier than other brands so de facto size ranges are wider. makes room for more costco goods in your rear end

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

If you’re looking for good, cheap jeans, get Levi’s.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Thanks for the heads up. $13 vs $30 seemed pretty suspect.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I find the jeans to be pretty good. Thick material and stretchy. They're pretty heavy.

Although I'm not sure how good my rear end looks in them. I have a sweet rear end.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

MisterOblivious posted:

Don't. The only way I could eat them was to split them in half and put it on two buns. They're pointless, just eat two dogs instead.

Do. You can get the corn dusted buns they use at the food court and they fit really well there. Home communion is where it's at

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Olanphonia posted:

Do. You can get the corn dusted buns they use at the food court and they fit really well there. Home communion is where it's at

Thought he was talking about the hot dogs that are >1” across. The regular size dogs are fine, the huge ones are gross.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

MisterOblivious posted:

Thought he was talking about the hot dogs that are >1” across. The regular size dogs are fine, the huge ones are gross.

https://i.imgur.com/MFO23UQ.mp4

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

MisterOblivious posted:

You'll never be the throat GOAT with that attitude

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
recommending that an adult buy a new pair of jeans for $13 seems like a special kind of dystopian, but also “no ethical consumption under capitalism” and “discount warehouse clubs like costco leverage systemic global inequalities and economic/industrial systems in order to successfully do their business, full stop” and all that jazz, and also lord knows my current pair of walkabout adidas was $35 at Church so I’m definitely not about to throw any stones but also $13 for jeans?

¿$13 for jeans?

That cannot be without serious corner-cutting somewhere, even for the readymade garment industry.

MisterOblivious posted:

your mouth-hole is too dainty and tight for Costco’s regular takeout-sized dog?

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Apr 25, 2021

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

poisonpill posted:

If you’re looking for good, cheap jeans, get Levi’s.

yea this. theyll last longer and look better youll end up saving money and face in the long run. costco has regular brands of jeans sometimes but usually only in weird sizes or colors. i have seen levis before there

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
You can get a Levis coupon pretty easily by shopping on their site

I like to find a cut/size of jeans that I like from a given purveyor and then get a few pairs in different shades and colors

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Watch out for counterfeits... I got a new pair of Levi’s off of Amazon and they split the first day. Looked and felt real enough to me

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon
I prefer the stretchy jeans, I hadn't worn jeans for like 15 years before I found them because they were always too tight on my sensitive tummy (yay IBS).

You do have to buy them a size smaller than usual though, if you want them to stay on cleanly.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yeah I don’t know about KS denim but they’ve had brand jeans in the Midwest and mid Atlantic Costco’s I’m familiar with. Levi’s and Lucky brand. I’m aware they may make these specifically for warehouse stores but they’ve held up nice for me.

It’s been nice having dece jeans but not needing to get nice or designer denim for the office.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

those frozen yakisobas are real good

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

The Buffalo jeans my Co has right now are pretty decent after a few weeks wear. They aren’t losing shape or anything yet

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Ok Comboomer posted:

Ain't talking about the regular dog. We got some from Costco that are like 3 normal hotdogs each. It's just a gross amount of hotdog and leaves no room for toppings.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Ok Comboomer posted:

recommending that an adult buy a new pair of jeans for $13 seems like a special kind of dystopian, but also “no ethical consumption under capitalism” and “discount warehouse clubs like costco leverage systemic global inequalities and economic/industrial systems in order to successfully do their business, full stop” and all that jazz, and also lord knows my current pair of walkabout adidas was $35 at Church so I’m definitely not about to throw any stones but also $13 for jeans?

¿$13 for jeans?

That cannot be without serious corner-cutting somewhere, even for the readymade garment industry.

Do you not understand how Costco works? Everything is a great deal.

I don't know what you guys do to jeans but I still have jeans from 10+ years ago that are like, store brand Target.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

namlosh posted:

Is there a schedule to when Costco will promote/discount memberships? A family member will be signing up for a new exec membership and I want to advise them when the best time to do it in the next 2 months is. Like the bag giveaways, or discounts or whatever. Thx!

And I already know that a Costco membership is it’s own reward ;)
Late reply:
https://www.costcomembershipoffer.com/purchase/purchase/UPSMyChoice
$30 Costco gift card mailed to you in 4 - 6 weeks. Have to complete membership in-store once you get certificate. Per terms the promo runs through 12/31/2021.

Costco doesn't toss out the membership gift card promos as much as Sam's Club does, but they've been feeling pressure since Sam's Club has kept throwing out all the promos.

Edit: Ugh it works through cookies. Instead:
1.) Sign up for a free UPS My Choice Account: https://www.ups.com/us/en/services/tracking/mychoice.page
2.) Login and go to UPS My Choice Deals: https://upsmychoicedeals.com/
3.) Click the sign up/verify button in the pop up that comes up.
4.) Search Costco in the top left search bar.
5.) It should show up as a result that let's you click through to the deal page.

Obviously you should -save- the card, and then spend it on 20 hot dogs once they have the condiment dispensers again.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 25, 2021