Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Argyle posted:

drat, whoever in this thread said the Kirkland lobster bisque is bland, was absolutely right. This stuff is shockingly bland. I dressed it up with salt/pepper/cayenne/sherry vinegar and that got it tasting okay, but I probably won't get it again.

I don't think I've ever had to add salt to storebought, ready-to-eat soup before.
Can second. Really a let down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
This is more "lol keto" than "lol costco" but one of my kids is veg and loves Chinese takeout so I was all excited when I saw a package of general tso cauliflower. I didn't look too closely at it because I was trying to GTFO, but I figured it was that breaded cauliflower that places make poppers out of with wing sauce. You know, because gen tso is fried chicken bits with sauce.

Nope. Literally two bags of cauliflower florets in vegetable broth and two packets of general tso sauce.

Had I given it a closer look at the store I would have noticed the keto friendly banner on it and been suspicious. I don't need a pre packaged meal kit to fry up cauliflower and put sauce on it....

stealie72 fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 24, 2021

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
My love of costco and hatred of boomers causes some cognitive dissonance sometimes.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
Not to derail super exciting checkout etiquette chat, but I apparently learned nothing from the disappointingly bland lobster bisque and got some of the "spicy" crab and corn chowder.

Sadly, it was also pretty bland.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

Thwomp posted:

Like the car buying service, it’ll get you a pretty good rate/discount with no fuss. They’ll cut some servicing fees just because you’re a Costco member and the rate is usually pretty good.

That said, you can do better doing all the work/research yourself. It’s just a matter of personal preference. Your future mortgage will likely be sold to a major bank shortly afterwords anyways.

1) have been in my current house for 5 years. Am on my third lender. Mortgages are still being passed around like a joint.

2) This has been my experience with every costco service. Theyre trustworthy enough that you are going to get good quality for a decent price that they're great for anything you don't want to deal with or think too much about. But you can definitely invest some effort and do better.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

FCKGW posted:

if you have kids or pets but yeah, don’t waste your money on a full carpet cleaner.
Gunna disagree. Have kids and pets and a living room with beige carpeting (there when we moved in) and having a bissell carpet cleaner is a drat lifesaver

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

Paul MaudDib posted:

I assume both pale in comparison to having a van come out with pro equipment and chemicals...

We use ours for spots (seriously, so much better than other options) and then full carpet cleaning once a year or so, but yeah, the pro van gets out even more horrible poo poo.

What I've learned from living in a house with wall to wall in high traffic areas: carpet is loving gross.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
Skip the tacos and get the enchilada lasagna. Its delicious spicy enchilada sauce, cheese, meat, and beans between layers of tortillas.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

DarkHorse posted:

Also home ovens can't regulate temperature well enough even if they got hot enough. There's a reason specialty pizza places still use brick ovens, the thermal mass smooths out temperature fluctuations

Protip, lining your oven's floor with terra cotta tiles (or bricks if you want to go balls out) and using a stone under your pan helps a lot. But you're still only getting it to like 450.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

toplitzin posted:

Our self checkout is staffed with someone scanning everything in the cart.
Uh....so it's not self checkout?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

Greatbacon posted:

My guess is that's for Ramadan!

And it was just Eid. When do we get half off lamb? Or does that only apply to ham and Christian holidays?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

thathonkey posted:

well, i didnt want to brag but my house has a walk-in freezer, so this whole chat is pretty far beneath my level

Sweet, mine too, but only for like 3 month of the year.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

poisonpill posted:

That would never have happened if you had a drive-in freezer

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
I think that's SOP for that situation. The bad tires stay on the drive wheels on the theory that If you get nice grippy tires on the front, you're gunna be able to make your bald rears slide all over the place and cause Bad Things to happen. If your rear is gripper than your front, this won't be able to happen because the front won't be able to out grip the back.

Entire situation sucks, tho, and continues to leave me wary re costco tires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

FCKGW posted:

Get a load of this guy!
Hes probably just not from NY.