Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Cognac is for sipping, not mixing. That's what brandy is for. But if you want to mix it, you should try a New Classic - one part cognac, two parts Red Bull, splash of tart cranberry juice, add lime. Delicious!

I'm going to an open bar event tomorrow and I might get a couple of Henny and cokes or New Classics. I don't mind mixing cognac when someone else is paying :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

GORDON posted:

I've been eyeballing those.

How would you rate them, would they be good for a morning coffee commuter mug?

I don't want to commit to two of them, then they don't fullfil my need.

Contigo has been the best commuter mug I've used in terms of leakproofness and keeping beverages hot while sealed.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

You can buy these at Costco?

At the Costco in Amsterdam, sure

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Sparkling water fuckin sucks. Just drink a Sprite or something.

:wrong:

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

raton posted:

We're talking about people that like little red bags full of gold here

I mean who doesn't

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Holy poo poo 3pack of exoficcio underwear for $25

Each pair is usually $26

Which 'Stco? I need this in my life (we are talking the give n go boxer brief, yes?)

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

What's the best easily prepared late night snack to get at costco

like something i can just throw in the oven that's relatively healthy

90 count Bagel Bites. The healthy option is not eating all 90 at once

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Yeah give n go. This was at the Waltham one

Thanks for the heads up, got that three-pack and it feels good. BTW Costco now stocks Polar 32 packs instead of 24 packs, even more seltzer!

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

I feel attacked

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

It's funny you mention Secret Aardvark, because I came here to totally agree with your first paragraph about bland and not-spicy hot sauces from the Pacific Northwest, like Secret Aardvark and Bonache. They're in restaurants everywhere here in Seattle and I don't get it, they're not good. :shrug:

Secret Aardvark adds a pleasant warning sensation and nice taste. It's like sauce plus, not a hot sauce.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

We all are, Costco

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Barstool sucks poo poo anyway so I'm fine not knowing about this catchphrase

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So I got a call from costco today because theres a recall on those dukes shorty sausages. The recall is very nonspecific about what was wrong with them. I already ate my whole bag though :ohdear:

Your death will be in service of Costco

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Propaganda Machine posted:

Hey Costco goons, quick question:

I don't have a car anymore so I let my membership lapse, but I need to get a new TV soon, and probably something nicer than the lovely thing I got for $200 six years ago.

My question is if there's enough savings on any given nice-ish Costco tv to justify getting a new membership that I might use once or twice more over the course of the year, if I'm lucky. Meaning, do you save $50 (or more) by buying a tv from Costco?

If you really really want to, you could buy it and immediately cancel your membership with refunded. However 1) you lose the warranty benefits and 2) you are spitting on the 'Stco when you cancel a membership

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

cryptoclastic posted:

Went to the local CostCo here in South Korea the other day. Pepperoni pizza is gone.

It has been replaced with this abomination. A "sausage pizza".

I am heartbroken. What do I do? A comment card was written, what is the next step?

I want this pizza to go head to head with mestre de pizza

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

The best thing to do with jamón serrano is to slice up a baguette, lightly toast the slices, rub a cut garlic clove on the bread, smash a tomato half into the bread (just the pulp, no skin), add salt/pepper/olive oil, and put a thin slice of the jamón on top. Perfect cocktail appetizer!

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

If you didn't pick up a 1.50 hot dog afterwards to start the cycle anew I don't know what to tell you

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

Also these are legit as fuuuuuccckkk

A Massachusetts original! If you can find the hot version, even better. I like to dice them up small and add to tuna/chicken salad.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

I've called ahead to Costco and picked up pizzas on the way to a friend's place. Can confirm they'll do special orders like veggie or half and half (at least at the Everett Costco)

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Ultimate Mango posted:

Y’all want to know the secret to stopping the receipt checkers and their bullshit?

Look them straight in the eye as you approach.
Slowly insert the receipt into your mouth as you are maybe 5-10 feet away.
When you are in arms reach start chewing with big overstated movements.
Break eye contact, walk out.
Spit out receipt and throw it away. They log your purchases on your account and you won’t need the receipt ever again.

Works every time, all the time.

Please don't do this if you've used too small a slice after a big mud pie

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Went to Costco a few weeks ago and they didn't have the Exofficio Give n Go boxer briefs anymore 😔 I was really hoping to stock up before the three week vacation I'm on now. Where do I go to request that they bring it back? I also got a bottle of the Costco single batch bourbon for ~$30, it was good but I'm unclear if it was smoother than my usual bourbon buy (Old Forester). Will pull the trigger on the Costcognac next time!

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

DiggityDoink posted:

There's actual salmon jerky that's almost as dried as beef jerky. They're cut into small pieces and usually it's lacquered with maple syrup and called salmon candy.

Don't be ridiculous, everyone knows that the frail salmon body could never withstand the jerking process without turning into powder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

RJWaters2 posted:

Just lol if you get cheese pizza without hitting the onion grinder

Holy poo poo