Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

The Kirkland scotch I tried was pretty lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Taima posted:

Which one?

There's the $17 handle of blended scotch and then they have various other forms of scotch going all the way up to 27 fuckin' years.

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure it was the $17 handle. I didn't buy it myself, and this was a few years ago. But it was very bad, even for a blended scotch.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Taima posted:

Ah yeah that's fair especially if you were drinking it straight. I don't mind the $17 handle but mostly just in highballs and stuff... sipping not so much.

That was the general consensus of everyone who was with me. Have you tried any of the aged ones? How do they fair?

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Hoping my local 'stco has Bitchin sauce when I stop by church next week!

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Sadly Scottsdale, the disgusting boomer (and their dumpster spawn) heaven part of Phoenix, is an appropriate place for this signing.

Costco, I expected more from you. I'm disappointed in you. Mad as well.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Thank you thread, for I have finally tried Bitchin' Sauce. It's amazing. It's so drat tasty!

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

People talk about being blessed with a divine $1.50 dog.

My dude, POG juice is a whole 'nother dimension of blessings.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Hark, my fellow worshipers, for I have head the divine word. I cut my travel time to a Costco in half with my recent move. Sad days at the food bar, but thus is life in this plague hellscape.

Rotisserie chicken (shredded), one of the amazing pitas from the bread section, a good helpin' of bitchin' sauce, with a dash of some hot sauce is might fine eating for how cheap, easy, and fast is it to make.

The Kirkland cold brew coffee recommendations were spot on, this stuff is fantastic! Unlike most canned/bottled cold brew this actually tastes like coffee, and has the proper potency for cold brew. Sipping on one of these throughout the day is a great source of convenient caffeine that really helped me power through this move.

I snagged one of those $100 desk chairs that's a knock-off of some $1k+ brand, and it's pretty dang decent for the price. Definitely a huge upgrade from the POS folding chair I was lugging around during the nebulous times.

Does anyone in here have any personal experience with the Kirkland Stainless Steel pot set? It's like $200, but with the amount of pieces it comes with it seems like a decent deal with Costco's unbeatable return policy backing it up.

PBUC

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

It's a knock-off of the Aeron! It's a Bayside by Whalen Office Mesh Chair.

E: I've used the real things before while in college and they were definitely better quality and maybe slightly comfier, but for a tenth of the price I'm pretty darn happy with what I got.

^^^ yup that one

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Oct 12, 2020

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

This is still easily one of the best threads on the site, which also makes me happy that the sale went through :toot:.

Paul MaudDib posted:

I scored a used aeron in real nice shape off craigslist for $150 a few weeks ago. You can see them there for $250 or so fairly often, as soon as my alert fired I immediately replied and said "hold it for me, I'm on my way!" and hopped in the car, it took an hour to get there and by the time I was there the lady said she'd had two other people wanting to grab it too. Real Aerons are invincible, my office one was made in 2001 and this one was made in 2006, even a used one will hold up way better than a knockoff, guaranteed.

The other thing is the knockoffs are not weight rated as high. The real thing is 350 lbs, the knockoffs are usually 225 lbs, so if you are a tubby then you should watch craigslist and get the real thing because you will bust up the knockoffs quick.

Steelcase is another brand known for being invincible/being overbuilt for people of gravity.

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely be setting up some alerts, worst case I have another great chair for the house.

Nitrousoxide posted:

Are you talking about the five clad copper core Kirkland set?

Oh, I meant the stainless steel set, but had definitely been thinking about the copper ones too. Very informative review, thanks!

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Martman posted:

Really hosed up how they make the monkeys pick the salt off one crystal at a time.

:golfclap:

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Fork shredded rotisserie chicken, on one of the tasty authentic style pitas in the bread section (slightly toasted), with some dollops of Bitchin' Sauce, and a few dashes of Secret Aardvark Habanero Hot Sauce. Add some veggies, rice, or whatever you have handy. Bam. That's some good eatin'.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

godspeed, I was fine for the first 6-8 hours and then woke up at 4:00 the next afternoon after many vivid fever dreams about several former illinois governors fighting a crack team of ninjas trying to stop them selling the toll road infrastructure to foreign pension funds

A++ vax, would dose again recreationally

whazzup 2nd dose pfizer fever dream pals! Mine were a combination of the matrix and the tv show chopped, neither of which I had seen in a looooong time

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Saving this blessed thread from mask chat by quoting this hellablessed scripture

fizzymercury posted:

Normalize purse onions.

Incredible. Absolutely brilliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Fake James posted:

Limoncello La Croix tastes fine. Y'all acting like Sam's Club members up in here

Pretty strong opinions for someone enjoys consuming trash, the telltale sign of a Sam's Club member