Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

belt posted:

Just went to Costco to get some beer and a dog. They had the Sam Adams 24 beer variety pack for $10. You can't get Busch light for that price.

This would make me consider drinking Sam Adams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

GORDON posted:

Who is Al Pastor?

He's an Arab evangelist.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Sitting in the outdoor food court right now while my kids finish their dogs. I got fully stocked last week and there is nothing we need from Costco, but I felt it was important that my kids learn that we take communion each week, whether we need to shop or not. It is a beautiful breezy day. PBUC.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Pulled right up to the gas pump because many of our brothers and sisters are ignorant of the far reach of gas hoses in the promised land. Filled up and parked easily despite the busy parking lot. I only waited a little bit for plain dogs for the kids and a polish with all toppings for me. Now waiting for my kids to finish the sacrament before we begin our shopping. PBUC.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

That is horribly sad.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Needs ketchup :colbert:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

KakerMix posted:

Mods change this dude's name to
Hot Dog Judgmental

Dude has strong opinions about "the right way" to put a quarter pound sausage in your mouth.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

When I was a bachelor (like 15 years ago), I used to leave the half empty pizza closed on the kitchen table and eat the leftover slices at room temperature for breakfast with my stoner roommate. It was pretty good to be honest.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I'm sorry sir but mayo is not an approved condiment.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Ghostnuke posted:

one time I saw a couple legit loving in the parking lot at the 'Co

Overcome with joy from all the deals, no doubt.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

So was there any tread left on the tires or was it pretty much like throwing a hotdog down a warehouse aisle?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

GORDON posted:

Thanks, it was a long time coming.

As she is listing the half of the household items she wanted to take, I was mentally tabulating would could be replaced from Costco.

Day1 purchases: a washing machine, and a set of pots and pans.

Costco will be there for me and the kids long after she isn't.

Plus you can get a hot dog and 20oz drink, with refill, for $1.50, did you know?

Costco is a great 2 hour activity with the kids. I have 2 kids and all 3 of us eat for $4.50, and then I strap the 3 year old into a cart and have my 8 year old grab stuff that isn't heavy off the shelves. They like eating samples, but I never let them stop and wait for one if it isn't already on the tray because I'm not an rear end in a top hat that likes to clog up the aisles for 5 minutes every 15 feet. I try to take them every Sunday since it is my church. PBUC

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

My jam is ketchup and deli mustard along the sides of the dog pin the bun, onions in top of the dog, and kraut on top of the onions. I too find the relish a little sweet. If it tasted like pickles I would put it on top of the onions but under the kraut.

But if a brother in the church prefereth ketchup and relish with no onions or kraut, I would say that this too is possible in the glow of the florescent lights that illuminate our temple, and far be it from me to chastise him for making use of what is provided for all in the way he sees fit. PBUC!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Widmer Beer used to do variety packs just for Costco. I used to buy them before at least half of every variety pack became IPA.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Costco needs to stock Rainier.

gently caress yeah. I love Ranier and similar on a hot afternoon. I can drink a bunch of them without getting too drunk amd it doesn't give me the bet shots the way micro brews tend to. Plus IPAs are mostly poo poo these days since it is now a hops arms race of who can make the most bitter beer with the highest alcohol content.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

My father in law drinks poo poo like Hams and Busch and will not drink Kirkland Light. He tried to give some away to me, but my wife said no.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Taima posted:

Can we just stop with the implication that expensive vodka is better?

The $12 handle of vodka is as good or better than the supposed "grey goose" vodka. If anything you should just buy a handle of Grey Goose, drink it, and then refill it with the $12 handle for the rest of your days.

No one will ever, EVER tell the difference. I challenge you to get a few people you know and blind test the two bottles.

Vodka in general is a ludicrous scam based almost entirely on placebo and brand fellatio.

Sweet thanks for the heads up!

My wife would always ask for hey house, but I had read any article that rayed Tito's more highly, so I bought done and it wad cheaper by about 8 bucks a bottle. We both prefer itand can taste the difference. I will day that I could never tell the difference between grey goose and whatever well vodka that a bar would serve once it is in a drink, but I do like how clean Tito's tastes. Another goon had recommended 360 vodka as a cheaper and better tasting option. I'll be trying that once I work through my store of Tito's.

I reject the notion that there is no difference at all, but I generally agree that in many cases you can get a much better value than "popular upper mid shelf liquor that has brand recognition."

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Taima posted:

That is a fair point and I can't claim to have tried every vodka.

I would, however, invite you or anyone here to grab a few good vodkas, including the $12 6x distilled Kirkland vodka (not the french one) and do a blind test.

What we found is that the $12 handle from Kirkland was as good as anything else. The differences in vodka are very slight and have a lot to do with placebo.

That's not to say that all vodkas are the same; far from it. But any decently manufactured vodka is going to taste pretty similar.

You could also easily make the case that since the placebo effect is 100% real, you are actually having a better experience regardless of the objective properties of the product.

I always suggest blind tasting when it comes to hard alcohol. You would be loving stunned to taste some of this poo poo blind versus going in with some kind of brand identity association.

e: As a side note, this is also why people like P Diddy got in early on making private label vodka like Ciroc. They know drat well that the brand matters infinitely more than the taste in the vodka game due to placebo and marketing, so they produce a relatively cheap, baseline vodka and sell it for insane prices based on that brand recognition.

Lol I bet the 6x filtered vodka treasures a lot like Tito's actually, given their signature is all about the 5x filtered. I wish my state allowed hard liquor to be sold outside of state licensed liquor stores. I could drive to Washington, but any saving would be eaten up by sales tax.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I have Prime, but it doesn't give me polish dogs with drink and refill for $1.50.

Edit: or roast chickens for 5 bucks.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Trastion posted:

I always go to the pumps on the "wrong" side. People don't realize that the hose is long enough to reach across. Go ahead and wait in a 3 car deep line i'm going over here to pull right up to the pump.

Same. It means I never wait more than 5 minutes to fuel.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

jerry seinfel posted:

just two of the vornaod air circulators ($40) and 1 of these cheapass tower fans for like $20

the vornados got rung up twice and they're in pretty big boxes. pbuc because they didn't hassle me at all and made the entire process pretty seamless. i'm sure they pull camera footage or whatever down the line

pbuc, they saved me from this heat spell

The receipt checkers at my church actually look for double rung items and will ask you if you actually bought 2 of whatever to make sure you don't double pay for items. PBUC

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

GI_Clutch posted:

We ran out of space so I just bought a 6' tall or so wire shelving unit at Target and put that in the dining room. Might not be classy having all of that stuff out in the open, but idgaf. With stuff out in the open instead of in a pantry, it's easier to remember that it exists and it all gets eaten before it goes bad. Plus, if anything, I'm just advertising to any visitors that I know a good value when I see it!

Apparently bulk purchasing has sign exchange value.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

LOL "therapy dog." I love it.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Renegret posted:

I accidentally hit myself in the balls with a shopping cart at church yesterday. The lord giveth, and the lord taketh (my fertility) away.

No hot dog, but we got a rotisserie chicken to take home for dinner.

Saved the cost of a vasectomy! By Jim the savings are bountiful. PBUC.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Renegret posted:

Amen

I can't use those lovely disposable blades, they cut my face up like crazy.

Now I have a beard though, so I only have to shave my neck. One blade lasts me six months.

I don't doubt you but I find this hilarious after recently discovering that the cheap twin blades I bought on vacation are way more gentle than the tri blades I was using. Tri blade razors always leave me with nicks in a easy that twin blade razors don't.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I haven't looked for them for a while, but does the 'CO still sell frozen ground sirloin burgers? Those were really good.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

When I was 18-19 a bunch of my cousins moved into my parents' basement. Inger of them was anorexic and had started some gas diet where she would only eat blended goid in a smoothie. One of my other cousins became obsessed with the idea of blending a Denny's Grand Slam breakfast. It was... not good when he finally did it.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

We had quite the little week at Costco last week. Case of Dogfish Head and a bottle of the 7Y Bourbon for the World Cup party, a sheet cake, sodas, wine and 8 (!) pizzas for my daughter's birthday party, a blender for my mother in law.

PBUC.

I find that wood chippers work a lot better for mothers in law but YMMV.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

The Slack Lagoon posted:

She was more excited to go to Costco than when I proposed to her!!!

A substantial portion of the food served at my wedding came from Costco. Maybe you should have suggested a Costco catered wedding to get her more excited about the prospect.

Not like it matters now though. If you are still excited to go to Costco as a couple then you probably have a happy marriage!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I'm pretty Gotham sure the highest wages and benefits for employees should be on the cooling block long before the onion dispenser if activist investors were running the company.

Also holly hell those dispensers must be a pain in the rear end too clean.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Xaris posted:

Weird

Even during the busiest SUV-battle arena soccer mom apocalypse days, I can’t say I’ve ever seen lack of carts to be a problem

I’m p sure the sq footage of the store is more limited than available carts

Now parking spots on the other hand seems to be the limiting factor

I usually park in the back half to third of the lot depending on how busy it is to avoid having to hunt for a spot. I do strongly prefer to park on one of the rows that has a walkway between the cars so that my kids aren't playing in traffic on the way in.

therobit fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jul 30, 2018

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Quote not edit

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

FCKGW posted:

Some day we’ll look back at the Great Shareholder Onion Revolt of 2018 and weep in despair.

But only because of that onions being chopped by employees at the food court.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Renegret posted:

Does it count as domestic abuse if my wife willingly chooses to buy Scott?

Then it's considered BDSM.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

AWarmBody posted:

Do I really need to wash my Sherpa throw before first use like the instructions say? I'm afraid it will spoil the cloud-like quality

We didn't, to no ill effect.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Argyle posted:

I went through the last 40 pages ctrl+f'ing for the word "towel" and only found stuff about paper towels.

So I have no idea, unless the tip is to... buy them because they're good?

Someone posted about bath sheets.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I got a tip for you; use the Kirkland bath towels because they are good.

Always buy your towels at Costco. If you have kids then preferably white hotel ones so they can be bleached without damaging the color. I have had expensive towels from other stores and the ones at Costco are just as good but like a quarter the price.

Esit: they don't seem as nice and thick on the shelf. You have to hot wash, hot dry them first and they plump up nicely.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Renegret posted:

Apparently she's known about it for quite a while but she's been holding out this sacred cheese knowledge from me.

Joke's on her though, I got a hot dog without her.

I think your marriage may be in trouble. You need to take communion together and then share in the savings, otherwise you may be unequally yoked.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Renegret posted:

Seriouspost:

She's pregnant and isn't supposed to eat Hot Dogs, and she was in too much pain to make the trip anyway.

Good thing Costco has the best prices on diapers and wipes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Infidel Castro posted:

Went to the 'co today to get gas and lunch. On my way out of the store there was a guy who had a while cartload full of nothing but those absorbent pads for pets. I can only hope he works for the humane society.

The only other possibility is watersports.