Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
Costco by me just opened Friday. I went on opening day with my wife and then back yesterday by myself so I could walk around and check things out when it wasn't nearly as busy. Very impressed so far with the prices and quality of the merch. $20 for a 1.75 liter jug of 100% blue agave tequila? Hell yeah!

So glad Sam's isn't the only game in town anymore. I can finally cut ties with the Waltons for good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
Made my third visit in six days tonight. This time we stopped and ate after shopping. Got a 1/4 pound plus hot dog with a 20 oz. soda (with refill), a chicken bake, and a slice of pepperoni pizza. $7.01 and we couldn't finish it all.

The chicken bake reminded us of Papa Murphy's garlic chicken ranch stuffed pizza (in a good way) and all the PMs around us have closed within the last couple years, so that was a nice surprise.

The hot dog was goddamn good - much bigger and better than the Chicago dog I paid $3.50 for at a local gyros joint last Thursday.

Dogs4Lyfe!

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
I've been buying Sauza 100% blue agave from my local supermarket for $15 for a 750ml bottle. Seeing Kirkland's version for $20 for a 1.75l jug made me very pleased (I like margaritas on the weekends).

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

FCKGW posted:

so how long is considered to be too old to return a product? I bought many electronics that aren't bounded by the 6 month return policy(computers, etc) from Costco even though they were more expensive because I thought Costco would cover return like this.

Now, I don't see myself buying anything other than groceries at Costco unless there's some crazy sale going on.

According to their site, electronics are limited to a 90-day return period.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Costco is closed for Labor day! Horrible for me, I guess good for their workers.

Going to a cookout at my mom's tomorrow. She usually serves decent hot dogs from the butcher. Might take a little of the sting away of having no access to a $1.50 all beef dog and soda (with refill).

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

priznat posted:

I say sody-pop but I'm an 89 year old man who wears suspenders and a bowtie

My great aunt from Pittsfield, IL who is probably about that old calls it sody-pop.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
My wife and I were kinda undecided what to have for dinner, so we decided to run over to the 'sco and try a couple things we hadn't had yet. Grabbed a rotisserie chicken which I've already deboned and a chicken pot pie that has about 45 minutes left to cook. Can't wait to tuck into that!

It felt weird walking past the food court without partaking in a hot dog (with refill) though... maybe for lunch tomorrow after I mow the lawn.

PBUC!

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Schadenboner posted:

Wasn't one of the literal design goals of IPA that it could survive long-rear end trips from Britain to, like, India?

Yes. The hop oils acted as a preservative according to my old William's Brewing catalogs.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

1/4 lb, 100% All-Beef Hot Dog + 20 oz. Fountain Beverage (with refill) $1.49 USD.

Yesterday's dinner. Mmm.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
My store has the deal where for $74.99 I can get $100.00 worth of gift cards from a nice selection of local restaurants.

Great gift for my parents who don't need anything but like to dine out.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
Are the Premier protein shakes good?

I've been eating hard boiled eggs for breakfast for a while now and am getting burned out on them. I used to drink Carnation Instant Breakfast but the pint of milk each morning started giving me gastrointestinal misery.

These seem like a decent substitute. Gonna swing by Church tonight and pick up a couple things and the shakes went on sale so I thought I'd give them a go.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Pennywise the Frown posted:

In my opinion they are the best pre-made protein shakes I've ever had. I have no idea how they can taste decent while having 30g of protein. More protein than Optimum Nutrition which used to be the gold standard.

Also they are $7 off starting yesterday. Excellent value.

I'll grab my two case allotment then. Thanks!

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

RJWaters2 posted:

REPORT:
It's not the best or worst flavor. It tastes basically like peach yogurt with a different texture.

Official ranking:
1. Vanilla
2. Cookies N. Creme
3. Peaches N. Creme
4. Chocolate

Never tried Caramel.

I stopped in yesterday and picked up a case each of Vanilla and Caramel since the sale was ending. Had a caramel this morning - like it better than Chocolate.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
The website appears to have some Charmin Extra Soft available at the moment:

https://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch?dept=All&keyword=charmin

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Grem posted:

Holy poo poo their Facebook page is off the loving chain right now.

Karen Nation is indeed out in full force.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
Steak Strips are still $9.99 at my location, but the bags are only 12oz. now.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

pnumoman posted:

Finally made it out to a Costco with alcohol and picked up some of the Kirkland margarita with tequila. It's tasty, but not mind blowing. For the convenience and the price though, I'll happily drink it all summer. I'm glad I took a leap of faith and bought a few bottles, the first one I opened is going quick.

The margarita mix that you add tequila to is really good. Plus at my church it's $6.99 for two jugs. Most grocery stores around here charge about that for one.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
Are the chicken pot pies and chicken soup a seasonal thing? I went to church tonight for the first time in a bit and haven't seen either the last few trips. Our church has only been open about a year now.

I did pick up some "ravioli lasagna" out of the prepped food area which was delicious and should give me and my Mrs. two more meals.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Alan Smithee posted:

well which is it

Cheese ravioli layered with cheese and ricotta like a lasagna.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fd/77/9e/fd779e974c1afdceeffec1be7b7b75bd.jpg

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
The Perdue panko breaded chicken nuggets are quite good. Easy meal when I don't feel like cooking anything beyond throwing a dozen or so in the toaster oven.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
I live not far from the Minhas brewery and have toured it once. All of their beers have a weird sourness to them which could be due to Monroe, WI's water. Kinda like how the Rocky Mountain water Coors uses must have a lot of iron or something in it, because to me Coors has a really metallic aftertaste to it.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
Just found out yesterday my local Church has the tables back in the food court. My niece likes me to drive her to her orthodontist appointments because we can go grab a dog and slice afterward. Last time was during COVID restrictions so we had to get our lunch to go and take it over to my mom's since she lives nearby. Just wasn't the same.

Getting the full communion experience tomorrow. PBUC!

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
While I was out of town for a Steel Panther concert Saturday, my wife and mother-in-law went and bought me a chest freezer as a birthday surprise. I rarely go into the basement so I didn't even know until I was catching up on weekend email and some paperwork about it was emailed to me (that wasn't supposed to). Birthday isn't until tomorrow and I'm off the rest of the week so she was gonna send me down to "run the dryer" so I'd see it, but that part of the surprise got spoiled.

Regardless, I am very excited to stock it up like a proper church member would!

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Bumble Dong posted:

In other news, bought the frozen lasagna everyone was raving about. Lives up to the hype for sure

Good to hear. As I mentioned previously in the thread about a month ago, my wife got me a chest freezer for my birthday and I bought the two-pack of lasagnas a couple weeks ago. Since it's stormy and cooler out today I'm gonna throw one in the oven later.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

extravadanza posted:

I assume you mean 'Tonkotsu'? and actually it's extremely good. I add dried shiitake to mine.

e: this one https://snackathonfoods.com/products/nongshim-premium-tonkotsu-ramen

I really liked that one but they didn't have it last time I was at the church so I had to buy the other with Iron Chef Morimoto on the package.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

extravadanza posted:

How was it? Morimoto looks so happy on the packaging.

I like it. The noodles absorb a lot of the broth so once it's cooled down enough to eat, it's not as soupy as some of the others. Less splatter when I'm trying to eat while working.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
I'm assuming the answer is yes, because it's Costco, but thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Last week we made a run and grabbed a couple of things without consulting the current savings book that went into effect today. Probably gonna make another run this weekend - if I go to the service desk and ask, will they refund me the difference?

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
Iron Chef Morimoto was a guest on Masterchef a few weeks ago. His new hairline kinda threw me off for a minute.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
Has anyone gotten the microwave popcorn lately? I bought a box when my store first opened a couple of years ago and despite it saying it was movie theater butter, I found it to be quite dry and had a funky aftertaste. Not sure if I had a bad batch or what, but I wound up giving the rest to my nephew who'll eat just about anything.

Did I just get a bad batch, or is it one of those unusual things at the Church that just isn't good?

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Chicken bake
Covid booster
Flu shot

Grand total 3 bux

Just curious about the booster - did you meet the criteria the news keeps talking about, or did you do the "just ask and ye shall receive" thing? Yesterday marked six months since I got my second dose and I'd like to get a booster as soon as I am able.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
The Momosan ramen with Iron Chef Morimoto on the box is asterisked at my church for $5.97. I still had half a box left but grabbed three more while there this evening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

bagmonkey posted:

What do you guys use to clean up cat barf and hairballs and other gross pet stuff? That's really the only reason I burn through so many paper towels, otherwise I try to use the bulk bar towels you can buy anywhere

Bissell Little Green Machine. Get the one with the heater. Pick up the chunky bits and let the GM do the rest. I've got three cats and one is a puker. It's a carpet saver.