Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

RoastBeef posted:

I went to a Costco location for the first time and was suprised to find that the carts required a quarter deposit. It was #739 in Brick, NJ. Is this a thing? Across maybe 20 other locations I hadn't seen that before.

Take a page out of Aldi's book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Chinatown posted:

They only recommend a baking sheet in the oven.Otherwise you wont get that crispy outside.

A deep fryer is the real answer.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Argyle posted:

Kirkland Canadian Whisky

Tell me more about this please.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

durrneez posted:

In my experience, I feel the difference of expensive vs cheap vodka by severity of hangover not by taste.

Taking a straight sip I can slightly tell a difference. Going from like Skol to Smirnoff to Tito's, it burns less (and has a cleaner actual taste). I'm not a big vodka drinker but my wife claims the better stuff gives her less of a hangover the next day.

Give me whiskey (or scotch) or give me death.

Moey fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Sep 5, 2018

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

Buddy I lift 4 times a week and have 12% body fat, rippling with muscles all over so fast that I’d steal your wife, your girlfriend and your daughter in one double bicep flex. No one I know can match me when it comes to leanness and I work hard and it shows. I eat whatever I want, whenever I want, as much as I want, thanks very much.

I don't know if I want to be you, or be inside you.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

djfooboo posted:

Never boil a dog, microwave if you must, but never boil.

Amen, you simmer or steam, then pan fry or grill.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Geoj posted:

I'm coming more from the "how's the kool-aid tasting now that someone besides Steve Jobs is making it" side of things.

Sound like you are coming from "scraping by in life" side of things.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

FogHelmut posted:

prime tomahawk steak

More info/pics?

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Can't play drug wars on it.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Meridian posted:

The only size they had was King. That's enormous. Way too big to be a couch blanket and doesn't fit my bed.

Do you sleep in a racecar?

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
For some reason Home Run Inn has some solid frozen pizza, if you can find it.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

There is a full Pizza Hut with Buffet in Silverthorne as well.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

They're kirkland brand so I trust them. Dunno who they source them from.

Kirkland is taking on BIG CHICKEN head to head.

Edit/context: http://fortune.com/2018/10/24/costco-kirkland-rotisserie-chickens-supply-chain/

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
I've done a pile of frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts in the IP. 17 minutes was the cook time then quick release.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Depends on what you think of when you think of when you think of "boat." It's not for open ocean, but it will get you off-shore.

Where do you plan on using that?

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
I think you are supposed to put meat/cheese on those for an appetizer.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Chinatown posted:

Bridgestone, Firestone, Goodyear, BF Goodrich tires are hilariously overpriced and are manufactured for soccer moms and dads who know jack poo poo about cars.

What is the correct answer here, tire wizard?

I run Bridgestone Blizzak for like 8 months out of the year and wouldn't imagine cheaping out.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Any exact recommendation on a great SVU winter tire? Looking at reviews and tests,. nothing really outperforms Blizzak.

I guess if I was just pounding dry highway miles out or going to the grocery store it would be less of a concern. I have packed snow on the roads for over half the year. Snow storm from October - May.

Edit: probably going to replace my winter tires in the fall. Just checked my tire rack order.

P265/50R-20 BRIDGESTONE BLIZZAK DM-V1

164.30 each.

Moey fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jan 27, 2019

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

priznat posted:

I just ordered a 55gal water storage for emergency water on Saturday and it got here today! Would have been a pain to fit in the car :haw:

Just a big blue drum?

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Trastion posted:

Also your food court has Chicken Strips????

This. Need details and photos.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

tacosupreme posted:

Buy big John's bulk jerky down in sa-mart. Better and cheaper than Costco if you buy enough.

https://www.bigjohnsbeefjerky.com/bulk-jerky

They got Costco sizing for sale as well.

115lbs for $3k.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Most liquor stores I've been to sell the frozen tubes margaritas. Normally like 1.50-2.50 a tube.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
2 Tums : 1 margarita tube

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
I got those 50 roses delivered today. Just trimmed them and tossed into a vase. 50 bucks normal doesn't go far at our grocery store florist (only place in town).

PBUC.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

skooma512 posted:

That chain isn’t in the US except for like one location in DC

They are spreading as well. Chicago and Naperville in Illinois.

Their garlic sauce rocks.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

hakimashou posted:

I bought some nandos sauce at the grocery store once and it was nothing special.

I wonder if its like you're british or australian or something and its your first hot sauce or something you fall in love with it I dunno.

Only reason I know of and had tried it was because of a South African co-worker. I still think the garlic sauce is delicious.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Does everyone steam or pan sheet roast those? I'm looking forward to dabbling.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

pnumoman posted:

fancy sauce

Mayo/ketchup mixed.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
I enjoy a chicken bake once it has cooled down.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Maybe dip it into your chili? Might be an okay combo.

Now here is an idea.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

flashy_mcflash posted:

Almonds seem like a weird selling feature of that sauce but ok?

You seem to be missing out here.

"Almond-based, Vegan, Gluten-Free, and Non-GMO sauce"

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

I love romesco sauce made with almonds, so that was the first thing I thought of.

Roasted cashew salsa is pretty drat good. At first I assumed I would not like it.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
I can get decent avacados for like .69 cents here at a standard grocery store in the middle of the mountains in Colorado.

Sometimes you gotta buy them 3-5 days out so they ripen though.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Chinatown posted:

people who take their paddleboards into the lineup are scum

just paddling up and down the coast and catching waves is fine along with calmwater paddlin' though.

These things are made for the river in Colorado, my wife tears up the rapids.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
I've never had an issue with using minced jar garlic when cooking. You could return it?

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
I guess I am a monster with lovely taste buds!

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Bucnasti posted:

You’re going to have to show your math here. Unless PepsiCo is paying Costco to sell the soda, what you are saying makes zero sense.

The $1.50 1/4lb all beef hotdog plus a soda with refill is a loss leader, they have stated as much. They lose money on each one they sell to get you into the store. If it was just $1.50 dawg, they would lose less on each transaction, the cost of goods on soda is low, but it’s not negative.

Yeah, but if it was 1.50 for the dog plus a dollar for the soda, less people would come in for it. The soda is the icing on the cake that lures people in.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

DrowningInDreams posted:

frozen philly cheesesteaks

Can you tell me more about these? Pictures are a bonus.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Whats the servings size on that bitch? Like, one block per serving or one flight per serving.

1.8lbs per flight. How much cheese can YOU eat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I still have almost half of one left. I've been having about 2 oz every night or two. That's a lot of cheese.

You need up step up your cheese game.