Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Suspect Bucket posted:

The dog food is very good though. For dogs, I personally have not tasted. My dog gets pukey with some foods, and I like to feed limited grain. The grain free from Costco has my dog kept in shiny coat and reasonable poops.

The grain free food is literally call of the wild brand, which is a really good brand.

However grain-free food has shown some correlation to cause heart disease in dogs. They don't have any real evidence at this time to prove it though. https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/nutrition/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-fdas-grain-free-diet-alert/

My Vet told me to switch so I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Minto Took posted:

Dog Derail:

Is there an article that links to that image? My wife and I just adopted two dogs and we're working on the food thing. We're planning on Purina One since that's what they were fed in the shelter.

If you are planning on switching a dog's food make sure you make it a transition. Half the old food and half the new food. That actually how I found out the costco brand is Call of the Wild.

My new puppy had a lot of different food based on its unstable home and then the shelter. It was.... a mess. Now I buy it a prescription based food, which cost me $90 every 6 weeks or so, but he is stable now.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

It is cool to watch society crumble around us.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I'm in Costco right now.... it was surprisingly dull for an apocalypse. No toilet paper, no papertowls, no dish detergent, no chicken, very little bread, very little canned fish. Everything else is normal.

Edit: There is a lot of alcohol being bought and a one eye man is yelling but I think that is just Reno being Reno.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Mar 14, 2020

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

priznat posted:

I did enjoy it once when I was in montreal but everywhere else has such crap versions I just blanket diss it now.

I'm in the States but there is a brewery here with a mushroom poutine that is amazing. Their non-mushroom version is okay.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

astral posted:

Someone teach them how to hide headers and footers.

Yeah that hurts to look at.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

AlphariusOmegon posted:

I've decided. I need to start making pilgrimages to this holy place of Hot Dogs and 20 oz. Sodas for $1.50

There's one in town. How do I start this quest? Do I just go up like a dipshit and ask to give them $60 to let me in? Is there a password?

Also with the plague happening, are there like, occupancy limits? Will I have to wait 2 hours?

Just tell them you are headed to customer service to get a membership and then just walk to the food court.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I am officially an old person. I bought a bidet from Costco and I'm excited to install it.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

pnumoman posted:

Congratulations. Welcome to your new life as an evolved human with a cleaner bum.

Heck yeah. Now I can poo poo post in warm water blasted comfort.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Propaganda Machine posted:

I use a French press and one of those little hold-down-the-button grinders per pot. It takes about five seconds while the water is heating up and you're just not going to find ground coffee that's coarse enough. I've been using ground the last few days and it does work, but it doesn't seem like it's steeping properly and there's a bad-bitter taste to it.

I have been doing the French press and the hold down grinder for years and it has been great. I can definitely taste a difference between fresh ground and pre ground. However if I get low quality coffee it isn't as noticeable. There is a local coffee brewery here that I get on a special occasions that it is very noticeable. Otherwise I just get trader Joe's low acid coffee because it doesn't make my tummy hurt.

The longest part of the process is the water boiling. I usually put on the kettle, grind the beans, feed the pets, turn on the computer, and then brew the coffee.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Mar 20, 2021

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

FCKGW posted:

I drink Foldgers which is priced very well at Costco

I disapprove of your coffee choice but approve of your place of purchase. Overall you are alright.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

Coffee is disgusting. It looks like dirt and tastes like hot bitter water. Humans have evolved past it with the invention of monster ultra zero.

Unless my energy drink is white gummybear flavor then I don't want it.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Just lol if you're not carrying 150g of coarse ground coffee in your anal cavity

You fool! Anal cavities require a fine blend to increase the surface area for your anus to more properly absorb the caffeine. A dark roast is also preferable.

Also I can't believe anyone is buying caffeine pills. rear end coffee is the way to go.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Ok Comboomer posted:

150g of coffee in a butt seems like a real waste when you can just suspend a few hundred microns of the anhydrous caffeine powder that somebody posted a short while ago in like five ml of saline and pipette that poo poo straight into your urethra

Oooo good plan. Unfortunately it does not look like costco sells pipettes

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I pretend to be healthy with costco vitamin gummy and smoothes (frozen mixed berry, spinach, protein powder, ground flax, soy milk, and water). It makes me feel better about the rest of my terrible decisions. A small routine of health has really helped on the really bad depression days.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Bum the Sad posted:

Please don't lie to us.

I mean if you know where to find a bigger bag of bull penis then I'm all ears.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

BeAuMaN posted:

I went to Costco today, ordered two hot dogs. They tried to tell me that I could only have one mustard cup per hot dog. The mustard cups are barely half filled. I told them I usually get two per hot dog, and to meet me half way, and so he gave me a third mustard and said "Fine I'll risk losing my job".

So first off, that guy was being a jerk, but he's not the problem. It's probably a tough day at work.

It's a Sunday. Costco is busy, and I imagine the workers don't have a lot of spare time with all that Sunday traffic. However, this is an inherent weakness in Costco trying to use their current mustard supplies by using labor to make mustard cups, and then someone in management had the bright idea that if they run low on mustard cups that the solution is to ration them; TO METER THE MUSTARD... instead of, I don't know, grabbing a box of mustard packets off the shelf that they sell to other local businesses. Look it's COVID so I'm willing to go with these mustard cups and wastefully grab a plastic knife and spread that mustard on my hot dog, but one of the last drat comforts that I look forward to in this hellscape is a Costco Hot Dog for $1.50 with mustard and I will not budge any further on the amount of mustard. To borrow from Jim Sinegal's famous hot dog quote: "If you reduce the amount of effing mustard, I will kill you"*

Also that location's soda really sucks. That's my Costco story. I really like mustard; they know my mustard count at Wienerschnitzel. I look forward to post-covid where I can slam down that condiment dispenser without a care in the world.

* Mods this isn't a death threat plz don't ban me thanks.

Sir this is a costco.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

DarkHorse posted:

Happy birthday Shwqa!

You remembered :unsmith:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Biohazard posted:

picked up this camping cot this weekend:

Gotta get my car camping setup a little more "glamping" style. Now I'm thinking need a taller tent too.

My advice for glamping is to have a tent that is twice the size of the amount of people that tent can hold. So for 2 people you want a 4 person tent.

Also being able to change while standing up is awesome during camping.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

AWarmBody posted:

It's not what you spend, it's what you save, friend.

But I'm curious: how did you do this? Were you restocking your Kool aid Jammers stash at home with a couple $6 boxes? Walking in and out with a single tub of Sour Cream tucked under your arm? Was the controlled spending self-imposed or are there other factors you'd care to discuss?

It not too hard to go under $100 if you already get some stuff from different suppliers/allergies. Like I get eggs and meat from a local ranches and my partner can't have milk. The cheese isle and muffins have no effect on us! My dog also has to get specialized food that isn't at costco. A light trip for us is like:

Tofu
Frozen shrimp
Frozen berries
Spinach
Chips
Salsa

Stuff like gummy vitamins, toilet paper, trash bags, dishwasher soap, etc get thrown in as needed but they can last a long time.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Nooner posted:

Why is the pizza from the food court always like 1000x better than the same pizza you take and bake?

When you get the premade it is always perfect, when you bake at home it's okay, but no where near the same

The bubbles in pizza come baking at higher temperatures. Home oven can't even get to the heat that commercial ovens can. Even if it was the same ingredients it wouldn't be the same.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Chinatown posted:

The foodcourt fruit smoothie is a sleeper item on the menu IMO.

Anyone else love these things?

I do but I enjoy the mocha more so I never get the smoothie.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

It getting really hot in my local area. I like to share the costco joy by buying large amount of vitamin water and normal water and put them out for my local postal worker. A nice little cooler with some ice packs and a sign. Last summer I think I went through like 4 or 5 packs.

Those little trucks are like giant solar oven with no AC. I spent a year working for the post office and cool drinks were a life saver. Literally post workers die of heat stroke every year. And they all they do is have a stand up and remind people drink to water.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

infraboy posted:

I put a case of Mexican Coke in the cart too

I am always tempted but I have no self control when it comes to soda.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

GORDON posted:

You know, I'd gladly give up my subscription to "Costco Connection" if they'd drop $5 off my annual membership fee.

No no you have to pay an extra $5 to have the "costco connection" stop being sent to you.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Mercury Hat posted:

Adding my praise for the boba ice milk bars, I've never had them before and they're really good. Sweet without being cloying and I like the chewy boba as a way to break up the ice milk texture. My costco also had giant sized bags of the Mrs Vickie's jalapeno kettle chips, my favorite kind of chip so I'm set on snacks for awhile :slick: .

Or you could eat all the chips in one sitting and have an excuse to return to Costco.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Ooooo it is payday and I already paid my bills for the month. I think I know just the place to hit up after work....

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I got the Samsung Galaxy Tablet A this week for $100. 64 GBs of storage is just nuts. https://www.costco.com/samsung-galaxy-8%22-tab-a-wi-fi-tablet-32gb---silver---includes-bonus-32gb-microsd-card.product.100511016.html

It has been pretty nice. I mostly use it to watch videos while working or doing chores. It has lasted 8+ hours on a single charge. I got it on Thursday and I'm still on my first charge. It also decent enough to play hearthstone which is a pretty big resource hog so I imagine it can handle most applications.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

TraderStav posted:

Hey Shwqa, Happy Birthday!

You remembered :unsmith:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

The Hambulance posted:

Is Costco selling pizza by the slice now?

They have been doing by slice near me for over a decade. That how I survived college.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Nfcknblvbl posted:

They stopped in my area, was hot dog only for a couple months.

I'm sorry to hear things have been so rough for you.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I once saw someone drop their hotdogs as it was being given to them. The entire costco went silent as we all had a moment of mourning. The food attendant just gave them another one.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I prefer my hotdogs without onions. They gave them out at my costco and I don't take them :smugbert:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I really enjoy those spring rolls. They were a pretty good party food.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Just eat terrible fried food with no fiber. Boom never clog toilets again.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I'll take samples over onions any day of the week. :colbert:

I don't like raw onions but honestly it is cool if you do.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

AKZ posted:

Wife keeps the list I throw the fists. Time to get that cart out of the middle of the aisle gamgam.

I reccomend using elbows and death stare. You don't want to injury your hand before you can grab all of the goods.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Hell Yeah posted:

just go at a non-busy time instead of having violent fantasies on the internet about killing old ladies.

Ew that is way too healthy. I'm gonna go rage about a costco's popularity instead.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

FCKGW posted:

Currently eating a giant Costco muffin and I'm in awe at the balls on them to try and make a serving half a muffin.

No one is eating half a muffin :cmon:

I mean I do cut them in half but that is because I want two flavors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

mds2 posted:

Costco should really give everyone a vacuum sealer when you sign up for a membership.

And a deep freezer. I think they would a pretty quick ROI on those cost with the increased sales.