Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Costco 4 life yo.

I see a lot of talk about the blessed Hot Dog and 20oz soda (with free refills) but I have yet to see mention of Costco Shrimp Cocktail. It's not as cheap as it used to be but still mighty delicious. My pro move is to get a dog for lunch and pick up a Shrimp Cocktail to save for dinner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

Someone's got a gun to your head and you got a choice. You kill the love of your life, or you raise the price of the hot dog combo by $.25.

What.

Do.

You.

Choose.

You turn the gun on yourself because neither of those outcomes is a world you want to live in.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Costco Employee Stories on Imjur

A faithful administer of Costo's love posted:

Working in returns at costco will probably make you the most spiteful person in the whole drat warehouse. You will meet some of the nastiest, shameless most smug people on the planet. Some guy had the balls to return a mattress that he had purchased years ago. Normally something like this would be exagerated, but his mattress was tinted loving orange. poo poo was practically color coded with all the poo poo that went down on that filthy thing. It stank, it was gross to look at and I was not touching it. I gave him two mattress bags and told him to wrap that thing the gently caress up before it came anywhere near the counter. A woman tried to return a camera that she had bought about a year ago. We have a VERY generous return policy being 90 days to bring electronics back. After that, you're on your own. She wanted the updated Nikon camera she had purchased a year ago for the newest model. We denied her and she was up in arms. Tears, yelling and rage. She had claims of calling this warehouse and speaking to some woman who had never worked here, but didn't even have proof of calling any Costco warehouse in the area. After about 20 minutes of this, a manager came over and gave her the full refund. the smug look on her face made me want to drop kick her right into traffic.

What is worse, an unbeliever? Or someone who abuses the privilege of Costco?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Richard M Nixon posted:

After reading all the Costco hot dog talk, I picked up stuff to make my own dogs last week. Brioche buns, organic grass fed uncured dogs, house-made relish, and organic stone ground mustard - about $30 for 8 dogs, but it was good. :smugdog:

You could have had 20 1/4 lb dogs (that's 5 whole pounds) with 20 20oz sodas (that's over 3 gallons)with refills for that much money if you would have just accepted Costco into your heart instead of trafficking with blasphemers at Whole Foods.

IT'S NOT TOO LATE FOR YOUR SOUL

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Chinatown posted:

they dont skimp on the cheese, which is real good

I like my women like I like my pizza...

Hot and from Costco.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I was just told that they're bringing in Costco Pizza for lunch today at work. It's a Friday Miracle. PBUC

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Just moved into my new place. First stop, Costco, had a dog, bought a chair and few months supply of razors and TP.

Today was a good day.

PBUC

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

CostcoHack: Get the collapsible laundry basket they sell, keep it in the trunk of your car. Never need the cashier to box up your purchase again.

PBUC

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

The Costco in Santa Monica has an In n Out in the parking lot, every time I'm there I look at the line for the drive thru and then I go get a dog with a free refill.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Hit the local 'co today. Didn't have a sacrament, but I did renew my membership at the register, another year of quality and savings for me.

PBUC.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Taima posted:

Someone cheaped the gently caress out up on classed the gently caress up their corporate pizza party

Fixed that for you. Costco pizzas are far better than most company pizza party pizzas I've ever had.

I once ran an event at work and we decided we wanted hot dogs, we called up the local 'co and asked if we could order 50 dogs and drinks, they said sure, just give us an hour. Tastiest and Cheapest event we ever did.

PBUC

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Maybe it prevents the riffraff from taking all the free samples from those of us who are among the chosen.

I got the executive membership one year, and it didn't turn out to be worth it, so I downgraded but they didn't give me a new card.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Braved the pre-holiday Costco, place was packed but I managed to get a parking spot in the very back.
Among other things I picked up some dog food (my dog goes crazy for the costco canned dog food) and some canned pineapple.
Checking out they're double teaming the registers to handle the crowds, one clerk reads the items in my cart while the other scans them.
"Two dog food and two pineapples" she says, the guy scans the two dog food cases and then scans pineapples from a card on the wall, the register says "Golden pine 2.99"
I realized they rang me up for two fresh pineapples instead of two cases of canned pineapple... If I was a dirty heathen shopping at a Walton establishment I might have kept quiet and pocketed the 12 bucks. But no, you don't steal from the collection plate, I pointed it out to the clerk, he corrected it, thanked me and I was on my way. Costco Karma earned I rewarded myself with a most sacred berry smoothie to go with my quarter pound all beef dog.

PBUC

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

13Pandora13 posted:

It's loving amazing. Do it.

Seconding, Lime shrimp is delicious. The regular shrimp cocktail is real good too, the sauce is a little plain but adequate (you could easily spice it up) and the shrimp are nice and big.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Renegret posted:

Can I buy Costco Churros in Bulk?

If no, how bad would it be if I got someone with no shame to order 50 Churros from the food court?

I want them for a party.

Call ahead, give them at least an hour lead time and it shouldn't be a problem. I ordered 50 hot dogs for a work party once, they gave me a big box of piping hot individually wrapped hot dogs and a stack of drink cups.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Trastion posted:

Did you stop and fill all 50 cups with a drink before leaving the store?

I wasn't the one who went to pick up the dogs, but the guy who did said he tried to give them back the cups since we didn't need them but they insisted he take them.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Coredump posted:

Trip from the car into the house is when the milk is most in peril in my experience. Maybe we'll have to do like the Canadians and put our milks in pitchers.

Do Canadian Costcos sell their milk in bags?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Renegret posted:

How much would it cost to have a wedding at Costco?

This is not a hypothetical.

I'm almost sure I read somewhere about a couple having a Costco themed wedding...

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

InternetJunky posted:

I am white, my wife is East Indian. I was unloading our shopping cart for checkout so I gave my wife my Costco card to give to the cashier. Cashier, after checking the photo on the card, launches into a huge spiel about how my wife can't use someone else's Costco card. When my wife points out that the card belongs to me (still unloading at the time), cashier gets even more exasperated saying "he's not allowed to buy stuff for you on his card either." She went into a huge speech about how she'll get in trouble if she allows this and "she's sick and tired of dealing with people like you" and honestly I don't remember everything because I was a bit stunned by the exchange. Finally I asked if she gave all married couples this hard of a time when shopping together and she shut up and finished ringing everything up.

I saw an exchange like this in front of me in line once, the cashier was making a big deal because the married couple didn't have the same last name on their card.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

On the topic of Costco gas. Ever notice that the Costco pumps seem to run a lot faster than your typical filling station pumps? I read somewhere it's because Costco changes the filters on the pumps twice as often as required, so it flows with less restriction and is cleaner as well.

PBUC

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Someday they will talk about the great Church of Costco Schism, the time when the sects of the Gnostic Ketchupics and the Orthodox Condementistas took up arms against each other. It was a dark time, but the 'Co shall prevail and be stronger in the end.

PBUC

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

When i lived in Irvine the Costco there had a one armed guy checking receipts. He was remarkably quick, grab the receipt, check your cart, tuck the receipt under his chin, mark it and hand it back.

Also when I lived in Irvine I was two miles from three different churches. Almost made it worth living there.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Tell me of some tasty chocolate products carried at costco. I've done costco cookies, those sanders caramels that are on sale, the chocolate and coconut covered nuts (that arent carried anymore)...

The brownie bites. In the bread aisle, they come in a tub and will make you a hero if you take one to work or a party.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Alright gonna do this next time. They're kirkland? Or some other brand

I don't remember. I haven't bought them in a long time because I'm already too fat.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Black August posted:

God drat all you dog swilling kraut-eyed fanatic cult bastards, order the freakin salad or that parfait for once

Although I really like the salad, and it's a good deal, I highly suspect that the Caesar dressing it comes with makes it that much healthier than the dawg or slice.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Mo_Steel posted:

The only person I will not acknowledge as a true follower are those who do not return their carts to the corrals in the parking lot. Even people eating samples mid-aisle I will begrudgingly accept. But not that. You take the sacrament, you enjoy the good deals, and then you can't walk 20 feet to put the cart in the corral? A shameful act. :colbert:

As my father, a 35 year veteran grocery clerk always said, "there are two type of people in this world, those that return their cart after shopping, And those that will die and burn in hell."

Also if ketchup wasn't meant for dogs, then why would the church provide it for us in a convenient pump?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Although I still like Costco cookies, I agree with all those points and think they would be much better if they toned it down a little bit.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

My co needs an express lane for single dog buyers.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

you are right, but costco don't roll like that.

my costco only sells ranch dressing and SOMETIMES italian. Why not blue cheese? Ceasar? Thousand island? Don't know, but they don't sell it. Oh they sell 10 different kinds of cracker, but only 2 salad dressing flavors.

And often not the same Italian from location to location and from month to month. I just want to be able to buy giant bottles of Bernstein restaurant recipe Italian, but all I've seen lately is Olive Garden Italian.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

binge crotching posted:

Pretty sure the French Kirkland vodka is made by Grey Goose anyway, so you're really not going to be able to tell the difference.

The story of Grey Goose is that a marketing guy saw how much Absolte was selling for and thought "I can do that" so he found some failing bourbon distilleries in France and partnered with them to make his super expensive vodka. So unless someone else has started distilling vodka in France, Kirkland brand is Grey Goose.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Anyone got any questions about Australian Costco?

Are Aussie bites just called bites?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Went to the church today, got a dog.

People were literally fighting over carts outside, the runners weren't able to bring them back fast enough. I feel sorry for the cart runners, it's hot as hell out there today.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Xaris posted:

Weird

Even during the busiest SUV-battle arena soccer mom apocalypse days, I can’t say I’ve ever seen lack of carts to be a problem

I’m p sure the sq footage of the store is more limited than available carts

Now parking spots on the other hand seems to be the limiting factor

Yeah, the parking lot wasn't quite full too, and it wasn't like there were tons of carts abandoned in the lot, I had quite a walk to go fine one in a coral I could use. Maybe the shareholders have insisted on less carts per store.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Xaris posted:

I feel like this is a fevor dream that I swear Costco/Price Club sold giant rear end warm soft pretzels, but I think it was Sams Club isn't it? I tried one from Sams like 6 years ago and it loving sucked tho

I am pretty confident that Price Club sold pretzels.
I also remember them selling enormous boxes of frozen soft pretzels.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I wonder if the Santa Monica Costco is going to offer the burger. Seeing as there is an In-n-Out literally in the parking lot I don't see them selling a lot.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Renegret posted:

I got a churro once where they forgot to put the cinnamon sugar on it and oh boy it was bad.

Didn't notice til I was halfway to the car and I didn't care enough to go back.

Sounds like every time I got a churro in Seattle, it's like they didn't know what the gently caress a churro was supposed to be.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Chinatown posted:

AYO so my parents(!!!) turned me on to the beer battered cod frozen filets. They are great if you wanna go straight up fish-n-chips but are ALSO the perfect size for fish tacos. Or just eat em straight up with rice/veggies or whatever.

A new staple for my freezer. P.B.U.C!!!

How do you cook them?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

aqu posted:

Dearest brothers and and sisters,

Is there a holier land than South San Francisco?

Within the confines of the city there are:

Not one...
Not two...
But three Costco warehouses!

And lo, one of them is a Business Center (with a food court!)

Verily, there is no more sacred land than this:

Tustin CA, I used to live at a place equidistance from three Costco, two of them brand new Super Costco. And I didn't have to deal with the freeway to get to any of them.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

FCKGW posted:

Am I in heaven?
No, I’m in Costco suburbia.

Yup, I used to live near the E in Woodbridge. It was like being in at the convergence of ley lines.

Good Dog posted:

Where was that? Like ICD and Culver? I've never been to the Costco at Tustin Marketplace, I always go to the one a whole TWO MILES away from it at The District. Looking at google maps I realize they're both about the same distance from my office but I think the district one is more convenient since its further from the 5. The one on Barranca is 3 miles away so it might as well be on another planet.

I gotta get more peanut butter still because they didn't have any of the organic ones the last time I was there and only had the Skippy brand junk.

The one at Marketplace is the oldest one, it's a little on the small size and parking sucks, the Irvine one is nice but a pain to get in and out of.But the one at The District is the best, they have it all, it's the nicest Costco I've ever been to.
I think the District Costco was supposed to replace the Marketplace one, but evidently there was enough reason to keep it open.

Now I live in Hollywood which is like a Costco desert, I have to drive all the way to Glendale to get my dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Xaris posted:

i cannot comprehend those big rear end bears at all. holy poo poo they are so loving big where does anyone put them?? also how does anyone not get immediately bored with it a month later and then dispose of it, do they like chop it up and throw it in the tiny garbage can or what

i have like a tiny 1br california apartment tho but still

We bought one for our lounge at work, people lay on him like a beanbag, and we put him at people's desk when they are out of town.

His name is Bearthalamuel J Bear.