Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Is there really a scenario where anyone would need more than a few days of food and water in a developed country?

Hurricane Katrina was pretty bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Also I think those emergency food packs are meant for Mormons

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
The new Costco pizza sucks now. Write to your local and complain

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
The crust sucks now

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
I always use costco travel to book rental cars. It's just cheaper

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

binge crotching posted:

I couldn't agree more. Big cloves of garlic? No problem. Onions just get nasty on pizza.

The problem is that the onions need to be at minimum par-cooked first

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Richard M Nixon posted:

Were the peppers chopped up in some way or were they dipping their dog into brine?

I call it a "salty dog"

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Loll

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Tim Whatley posted:

Obviously this heatwave is across most of the country but I decided to brave Costco on a Saturday here in NH with 105 degree temps.

Fire alarm goes off and everybody is forced to evacuate into the hot parking lot. :kingsley:

Wow I didn't know it was hot enough to do that

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Write to Costco and complain about the food court. They seem to actually read the complaints

Especially now that they're ij the middle of switching doughs to a worse formula

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Also them jacking up prices across the board my making things more "premium" is bad imo

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
The polish had pork, right?

This is also probably why we'll never see al pastor unless it's that gross vegan "al pastor" they put in the fake al pastor salad

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
A lot of my locals got so many complaints about them removing the berry sundae that they brought them back

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

MisterOblivious posted:

The polish was ok but it's no brat.

Thank god they got rid of the polish. I'm glad we got our brat back.

Ordering the brat and hearing "did you mean the polish?" by an inexperienced food court worker was one of the worst things I've ever heard.

Brats are a regional item. Some places have Italian sausage instead but some have nothing

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

The day I riot is the day they remove Chicken Bakes. And coffee slushies.

They already doubled the price on mocha freezes with the excuse that they're "cold brew" now

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Taima posted:

I could be off base here for sure but it seems like they're slowly and methodically adding higher margin items while slowly killing off the clear loss leaders like the polish. Admittedly the overall strategy for the food court has been so unclear, however, that it's hard to figure out exactly what they're trying to accomplish.

I would surmise that there is a battle raging about this internally, with the Costco true believers on one side and the disgusting outside MBAs and shareholder fetishists on the other.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Al pastor will prob never happen because they definitely won't add another pork item on the menu.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

b mad at me posted:

Oh shut up you rear end in a top hat

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lol

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Jesus, do you really want that many mooncakes? Even if you're buying them for an event or something, so few people actually like eating them. They're one of the most thrown away holiday foods iirc.

Even more than fruitcake?

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

DiggityDoink posted:

I wish they were pickled onions but they're just chopped fresh onions. A pickled onion dispenser would be fuckin legit.

Pickle them yourself in a mix of mustard and soda water

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

namlosh posted:

Re: puma socks

I bought the black ones to use as dress socks and most of mine have holes now. Time to buy more and donate any still around in good shape.
I buy socks all at once, so that I only ever have two sets of socks... athletic ankle socks and calf length dress socks. I keep them separate. I hate looking for matching socks if you can’t tell.

Any recommendations for men’s dress socks currently or is there only one choice at the Costco?

Once they had wool Gold Toe dress socks on sale and I still wish I had bought more pairs

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Ravendas posted:

Speaking of chicken bakes, the last time we went my wife ordered one, but said it was too oily or burnt or something.

So

She peeled it. Like a banana.

Why are women like this

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Not if you run a restaurant

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Warren Buffet drives oike a lincoln town care or some crap like that

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Why the gently caress did this never occur to me till now

Then it's called a latte freeze

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
How did you know my name was Matt

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Guys should I go to Costco tonight or tomorrow morning??

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Last time i went on a weekday righy at open and thetr was a huge crowd of olds waiting for that roller door to come up

Would not recommend

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
I'm giving out those pretzels instead

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I always make sure we have equal parts chocolate candy and hard candy. When I think of Halloween and trick or treatin as a kid I think mini snickers, mini 3 musketeers, mini kitkats ect ect. I like skittles, but chocolate is where it's at. When I give out candy I try to keep the same ratio. I give teens and adults candy if they are dressed up. None of this low effort costumes either ! Gotta be in a mask ATLEAST.

Also, since I'm drinkin all the drat night, if you catch me at the the end of the night you're getting hella candy.

What if these guys showed up to your door?

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
If you don't hsve a bidet just use a bottle of water snd your hand

No need to wash your hands afterwards or anything either. It's water so it's clean

This advice is courtesy of several of my indian former coworkers

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I bought some socks from costco and they were more like foot condoms than socks. Could feel my shoes rubbing against my feet. Unimpressed.

What brand?

Personally I hate socks thst are way too thick and make your shoes not fjt

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
I was visiting a pnw costco last week and they had merino wool t shirts

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

StormDrain posted:

I went to make a tire appointment to swap my all season wheels with my winter wheels, but they are full up all week! I guess I'll just do it in the driveway like a common grease monkey .

Im reporting you to the hoa

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
The Walmart thread keeps talking poo poo about Costco it's time for a thread holy war
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3904050&pagenumber=3&perpage=40#post500068966

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Toxic Mental posted:

Just cancelled my membership renewals for next year.

I got the most insanely terrible service from the optical department and then when I went to talk to someone at customer service also. I have no clue what the deal was but both of the people I talked to were extremely rude, interrupted me, and talked down to me like I was speaking another language or something. All I wanted was a copy of my contact lens prescription printed and I was treated like I was asking the staff to borrow a thousand dollars or something. When I asked to cancel my renewal the guy at the counter gave me knives from his eyes, said nothing, and said emotionlessly staring at me “have a nice day” in a very flat, cold way. I can’t really explain it in writing but I just felt like I was being an annoyance to these people. I was so shocked all I could do was laugh, look at my wife, and look back at them like “are you being serious right now?”

The service at my Costco has been getting noticeably worse and I’m not going to shop there anymore. Sorry to anyone who loves Costco, I get it, but there’s no way I’m going to be treated the way I was and give them my money.

Send a letter to corporate

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
It sounds more like they spilled some of the juice on that towel

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
How were the crowds in Costco yesterday? I was going to go shop but don't want to wait

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Alsp for complete protein you want to combine corn and beans. I recommend mixing some Cheetos into the beans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

https://twitter.com/ChairmanBernard/status/1234729571682938882?s=20