Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Want to order from Costco.com but no laundry detergent available of any kind

Argh, thats what we need

drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

They really ought to just say they dont offer grocery delivery anymore here

EVERYTHING is out of stock

I mean literally all foodstuffs in every category save like pepper and a few condiments

Woo hoo
:suicide:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I apologize if this has been covered already but without doubt way way better than anything even in the food court or the hot dogs that you all worship the best deal at Costco is the ginormous pumpkin pie that is six bucks.
I am getting three tomorrow and did you know that you can slice it up and put pieces in the freezer and pull them out and leave them on the counter for a couple hours and they're still wonderful!!!!!

They don't get like watery or separate or weird or anything.
God drat is that pie good I eat it with plain Greek yogurt

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Gaius Marius posted:

They keep em in the freezer round this time when they are getting a ton of orders for them. You can see flat beds full of em if you guys look hard enough.

Quick question for you thank you

in about 6 months I'll be trying to get a job doing pretty much anything at my local Costco I don't have any connections or know anyone do you have any tips or advice

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Okay thanks. I'll just see if I get lucky enough to get hired.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Eating costco punkin pie with costco plain Greek yogurt right now this second

So good

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

My three pumpkin pies are eaten. By me only, I've gained 4 lb.
It was worth it.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Cartoon Man posted:

drat the pumpkin pie from my Co is amazing, guess I’m blessed.

Whoa
I think it's just great and the crust is so light never like soggy so you have a lovely Costco or some are lovely and some aren't or something as far as the pumpkin pies are concerned.
However, absolutely I don't like my pumpkin pie all spicy with a ton of those warm spices no no no so I can see where those that do would find it bland.

Peace be unto this thread and all of you.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I'm starting to get into this thread more because food is now the highlight of my entire life.
What my whole family really enjoys are those tamales you can get, there's like three flavors but we just like the cheese ones. They're only available sometimes and they're wrapped in a corn husk and they microwave up in 2 minutes wonderfully. It's like a frozen bag of 18 for like 20 bucks maybe?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Fartington Butts posted:

Are those the ones in the cold area? I don't dig them as much as the frozen ones from Trader Joe's, but they're pretty good.

yes they're in the cold area and the ones we like are only available around Christmas

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Just chiming in to say that I love this thread I don't have too much to add because I haven't been able to go to Costco because you know the plague. My mom's fully vaccinated and the list I'm giving her to buy for me is $300 long.

I can't wait to go it's about 5 weeks away and being able to go will be like a milestone for my life getting a tiny bit back to normal. It's possible I'll cry

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

fizzymercury posted:

I like to stop and talk to them about their day. When they start selling I say "No thank you, I already have that. How is your day going though? Any good sales?" and it's nice. They always appreciate the ask but since they're on the clock they give a short answer and I can tell them good luck on the sales and walk off. No one is mad and everyone had a nice time.

Everyone I shop with hopes I die soon.

I want to marry you

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Hell Yeah posted:

no one ever bothers me at costco about anything. i have resting bitchface and it's worse with the mask tho

Lol I bet this is true

Scaring children :haw:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

The chocolate coated vanilla ice cream bars that are kirkland I think and like 18 for 9 bucks are criminally good and cheap
DAMMIT

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Hmmmmm
It's true I haven't had ice cream for 14 months but I still think they're good and the rapidly disappearing bag of cashew clusters as well.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I found something really gnarly at Costco. The boxed frozen taquitos by Delimex were on sale. Ugh. P tasteless.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

priznat posted:

Nut chat: I’m the weirdo who loves cashews. Send me your cashews.

They are my favorite nut they're divine

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

StormDrain posted:

Absolutely. In my mind I'm buying access to the store that treats the employees better.

Sam's would have to give away the store to get me in there. gently caress them.

I buy the majority of my food and anything else from Costco now just because of the way they treat their employees. I'll pay the extra money. I thank God I can I won't be able to forever but I can for now so by God I'll go to Costco first

:hai:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Johnny Truant posted:

Did not know Costco sells literal chest freezers

I want a chest freezer so bad

SO BAD

My mom bought a pretty big chest freezer from Costco like 5 years ago for $200 I think on sale. She kept it in her garage next to the always open entryway door in Southern California. It worked perfectly all that time till she finally upgraded to an upright.

Such a fantastic purchase because you can stock up on stuff when it's on sale.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I love this thread I love it!! I will now specifically look out for cosmic crisp apples the rest of my life

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

fischtick posted:

I've got a picky eater who can strain out tomato pieces like a whale filters krill

:lmao:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

priznat posted:

Yeah same with our kids, what is it with them.

Sometimes gotta bust out the disposable chopsticks to bust it up. Parenthood rules.

Wow oh my God this is gross and I never knew this

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

It's like 25 lb of semi-sweet chocolate chips for like $8

I'm literally going to have to stop shopping at Costco

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

david_a posted:

Triggered! The “no bananas in the fridge” thing is nonsense from like 1960s Chiquita commercials. I have stored bananas in the fridge for years. The peel darkens a lot faster than normal, but it dramatically slows the ripening of the fruit itself. You can really freak people out with these nearly black bananas where the inside is perfectly fine.

And I swear they are more delicious

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

fizzymercury posted:

I've never had to say "Oops, pardon me, you're in the way!" more than once? You should announce what they're doing wrong in a sing-song kindergarten teacher voice. Works like a charm.

I look like kindergarten teacher, but I think shock value would work even more to other people's advantage here.

I just turn around and go the other way I drive my Costco cart like a go-kart at a kiddie track. gently caress you slow strollers I'm weaving in and out of the aisles fast eyes constantly tracking side to side looking for 97s

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

StormDrain posted:

Also I don't support the Walmart family, and I think Costco treats their staff better.

Bingo

It really matters.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Have you tried the coffee beans from the seller's thread in SA Mart?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3594506

This is an amazing coincidence I've been pretty unhappy with the flavor of the coffee beans from Costco. And the seeming caffeine content too. I have a grinder. I looked at that thread just yesterday and I don't know jack poo poo about coffee beans but I thought about trying to order from them what I like (and it's all I like from there so don't diss me)
is Starbucks blonde roast. I want to get something like that but I have no way to tell. The next time I need to buy coffee beans I'll throw a post in there saying that and see what happens.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

:siren: Tower fans go on sale for $20 tomorrow :siren:

Okay my mom and I are very interested in this, is this nation wide...

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

We're going to Costco in an hour just to get that tower fan thank you I mean there's a few other things we'll pick up of course lol

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Side note to my goon friends

Even though it's a pain in the rear end cilantro is one of the most important edible plants to not skip washing if you don't grow it yourself.
Cilantro and romaine

I love cilantro and if you give it a thorough rinsing and then put it in a glass of water in the fridge stems down and loosely cover it with an open baggie on it it will keep for about 5 days. From that glass you can just rip off handfuls and add fresh cilantro to everything. Then it's no longer a pain in the rear end at all :)

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Johnny Truant posted:

I'm def gonna make way over it for our first year, if we don't hit it the second and they don't do that oh well, I'll just bump it down

I doubt I got hustled though, but remind me in two years and we'll see :corrupt:
Oh you so will lol
If I remember right you haven't been able to shop at Costco before

Ha what's going to happen is you're going to realize how much freaking money you're spending there all the time

And you're going to need to tone it down

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I see you great deals there all the time

I have to stop and ask myself how often will I really use this stainless steel thermos set REALLY

This is after packing the garage with enough poo poo to literally outlast a couple more pandemics

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I want to get married to a goon just so I can have people throw little Costco onion bits instead of rice

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

StormDrain posted:

The Kirkland Signature chocolate and almond dipped vanilla ice cream bars are incredible. So much almond and a thick coating.

Now see I posted in here that I thought those were great and I got mocked. Silly goons.
I agree they are really good and so inexpensive. It's a shame I had to stop buying them :( (getting fat)

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

low key sex master posted:

I must confess a sin

I have never had the Costco rotisserie chicken

I must rectify my sins soon

They are too salty to eat a lot straight imo BUT I buy and use them anyway. I pull it all apart and put in containers in freezer and put that chicken in or on a million different things.
Cheap protein

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Behotti posted:

My wife and I are going back to church today. We were members several years ago but didn't go enough to justify it. We have a spawn now and are going back. I registered online yesterday, going today to get cards and buy stuff. I'm super hyped to go back. Any tips?

Making sure you know the codes. If it ends in 97 it's genuinely discounted. If it has an asterisk next to the price they're not going to restock it after what they have sells. Of course grab one of their booklets showing what's on sale.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Johnny Truant posted:

these are the tips i'm here for :bubblewoop:

Okay here's another one trust me. Keep your receipts just pick a place get in the habit. If something goes on sale within 30 days of you buying it at a regular price you can go in and they'll just hand you the difference in cash or credit to Costco purchases. There's nothing wrong with doing this they do it for everyone.

Also take a look at Costco warranties sometimes they extend past regular warranties for electronic goods and that might make the difference on where you buy something. Other goons are going to know more about this than me.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Chinatown posted:

I see Kirkland and I know I'm getting quality. :colbert:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i never travel w/o bringing 3-5 heavy duty trash bags. the greatest weight to usefulness ratio for basically any industrialized product

Duct tape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

You haven't lived until you've managed hospitality industry temp workers lol