Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Summertime pro tip:

Costco sells huge rear end bags of really good frozen fruit. Strawberries, mango, blueberries, peaches, pineapple, etc. They also sell Vitamix blenders; you know the ones that can blend up a cinderblock. They also sell vast quantities of booze by the handle, white rum, tequila, gin, vodka, etc.

Buy blender, add your frozen fruit(s) of choice, and optionally add some booze. Congratulations, you can now wash down your dogs by drinking baller-rear end frozen daiquiris by the pool like a loving boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Also if you aren't doing your car rentals through Costco you're doing it wrong. Last time we were in Vegas we had done our car rental through the 'Co, and we were going to rent a minivan because there were 6 of us. Turns out that because we booked through Costco we not only got a hilariously low rate, they upgraded us for free. So instead of having a minivan we got upgraded into a baller rear end Escalade for no charge at all.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

The membership is worth it for the cheap fuel + cash back alone.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Got all hot and bothered by all the Costco talk, had to get their wiener inside me immediately.

All that food and infinite soda for $3.76 after tax!!! Wealth beyond measure, outlander. Wealth beyond measure.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Xaris posted:

ketchup...

guillotine

Ehhhh there was deli mustard too. Don't dog shame, that's not the 'Co way.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

No Butt Stuff posted:

congratulations on your 3000 calories

With a name like No Butt Stuff you sure are Butt Hurt.

:cool:

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Chinatown posted:

My parents went to Costco and bought too much Kirkland Brand Food Court Hot Dogs. At least too many for them.

I have taken them off their hands. Eatin' good this weekend boys.

I love the Kirkland brand giant dogs. My only problem is that they don’t also sell the buns they use for them in the food court. I have yet to find the perfect bun for those perfect dogs.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

FYI for anyone looking to buy the dogs they sell in the food court for your own in house worship, they are not in the meat department, they are in the cooler section usually next to the bacon.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Costco gas is legitimately good fuel. It’s very highly regarded in the performance car scene and it’s what all of my cars subsist on. Their 93 octane is very high quality and has never been an issue in my sports car, and I monitor engine parameters very closely.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Been thinking about a dog all weekend. Had to get gas. It was the logical conclusion.

PBUC

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Anyone that says they are allergic to MSG or they have an MSG sensitivity is full of poo poo. Your body naturally produces low levels of MSG. The two constituent parts of MSG are sodium and glutamic acid, both of which are required for life. It’s almost as annoying as being a vegan.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I love Costco but Kirkland Light beer is loving god awful swill. Even my cheap beer drinking friends hate it.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Since we’re on the topic of Kirkland Light beer, behold this masterpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHRNzj_G7Us

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Costco tires and battery service is phenomenal value. The current deal is $70 off any set of Michelin tires with $0.01 per tire mounting fee. The batteries are Interstate batteries, which are some of the best that money can buy.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Costco 93 premium is the only fuel my Focus RS drinks. Top Tier top notch gasoline for my boost machine.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Did you... bake... bratwurst?

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Harton posted:

Praise Be!

I’d like some honest reviews on those please.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Hypnolobster posted:

The cinnamon roll is juuuunk. I can sort of deal with the peanut butter one but I'd way rather just buy the old 2 flavors. Those seemed a little different than I remember with the new packaging, but they're close enough.

E: got a prime ribeye cap steak from the co sousviding as we speak.

I sousvizzle these all the time. Finish it on the hottest cast iron or grill you can find, or better yet a chimney starter full of charcoal with a grate. Fair warning, it will ruin you to other lesser steaks.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Re: CO2 chat

There is zero difference between “food grade” and welding / sporting CO2. Companies like Praxair, Linde, Airgas, etc all produce 100% pure CO2 just bottle it in different sizes and packages to fit customer demand. I homebrew and have a kegerator and get my CO2 tanks filled at a local welding supply store. The only gassed that get adulterated are gasses like nitrous oxide could potentially be abused recreationally, and even then they just add a compound that stinks and makes it unpleasant to breathe.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Jamon Iberco de bellota is the cream of the crop of pork, basically the Wagyu of pigs. Black Iberian pigs are a heritage breed that are primarily raised free range in dehesas, old growth oak forests where they graze on acorns and chestnuts. It imparts an amazing nutty flavor to the meat, and the fat is silky and starts to melt at room temperature. It’s an absolutely amazing food, much like Japanese wagyu beef, and if you ever get a chance to try it do so.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Costco by far has the cheapest tires for my car but to be fair the tires are basically made of unicorn blood and angel tears so that’s all relative I suppose when you are paying $1200 for a set of tires.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Mustached Demon posted:

Do you drive a giant, fuckoff truck or something?

My summer tires are Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s a.k.a. God’s own tire.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Depends on the car and how you drive it. Costco is one of the few places that carry the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 that my car runs on in the summer. The Pilot Sport 4S is also a really good tire too. My winter setup is Pilot Alpin PA4. Costco can order all of those tires for me, usually cheaper than anyone else, and definitely when they run the Michelin rebate and 1 cent per tire install.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Buy the Kirkland brand diapers and wipes. That’s what we used for our son after we ran out of all of the gifted Huggies/Pampers stuff from the baby shower and they are just as good as the name brands but a hell of a lot cheaper. We had to use the Similac Sensitive formula to supplement feeding and when they stopped carrying it they said we could try the Kirkland brand equivalent (which was wayyy cheaper) and if he didn’t tolerate it they would refund the whole purchase even if we’d opened it and used some. Thankfully he did tolerate it and we continued to use the Kirkland formula until he was on solid foods. Kirkland diapers/wipes/formula for life!

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Chicken bakes in their current incarnation are kinda gross. They should reformulate them minus the Caesar dressing and use ranch instead. Add some bacon bits too if they want to take it to Flavortown.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Yeah a lot of retail stores you have to hold the door push down for up to 30 seconds before the door will open. That poo poo has always invited a lawsuit in my opinion, and I’m guessing we’re about to find out.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

KakerMix posted:

100% nitrogen is essential oils for cars. It makes zero, and I truly mean zero, difference if you fill it with "air" or ~bespoke super nitrogen~ or mix them.

This

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

SirPablo posted:

Took the plunge, ordered tires through Costco for the first time ever. I was always under the impression they were not very competitive on price, but the ones I was eyeing were $110 off a set of 4 and install was quite a bit cheaper than area tire shops. One downside is I need to wait 2 weeks for them to show up.

It’s worth it for the road hazard coverage alone. Also Costco actually trains their tire techs and they generally aren’t retarded monkeys. They also carry Michelin and they go on sale frequently and they are probably the number one tire brand on earth.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Those Melona popsicles are fire.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Holy crap, I’m glad bidet chat is happening right now because I’ve been on the fence about getting one, and Costco’s website has several different options. Are there any particular recommendations on one that the ‘Co carries? I know Toto basically perfected them, but they only carry one by Toto and it seems to have mixed reviews. I’d like to keep it to $600 or less if possible. Please help me take my rear end wiping game to the next level fellow churchgoers!

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Get some of that Kirkland organic strawberry jam they sell and put some of it on that plain rear end white cake.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Alan Smithee posted:

what about like...an air fryer in a toaster oven

Get one of these and never look back.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

toplitzin posted:

I just get jerky from the goon doing it for years.

Big John's Beef Jerky

It’s the poo poo man. Great jerky!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Can I get some more flavor recs? I'm gonna try the two that toplitzin recommended, but I wanna do the 6 bag thing. Also, whats up with pocket steaks vs strips

Fiery is my #1 and original #2 with black pepper and garlic my #3. There are some secret flavors you can order if you’re a goon and are on the mailing list.