Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

ArbitraryC posted:

I could pay 50-100% more for food that's over 5x more likely to be recalled as a health hazard because the definition of organic mostly revolves around using outdated fertilizers and pesticides, but I don't.

Not the hill I'm going to die on, but I appreciate your concern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

This prompted me to watch that video of a woman eating a whole Costco sheet cake.

Thanks for the reminder.

I also love that jackass coming in here to call those of us who eat at the Costco foodcourt "poor."

That's awfully rich.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Costco is thriving. Look at their share price.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Taima posted:

Or one time, 3 packs of Victory at Sea bombers for $3.57.

Wow wait seriously?

I wish my Costco had Ballast Point. We have Toppling Goliath which is great, but Ballast Point has a much broader selection.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Tried the mocha smoothie along with my communion on Sunday and hoo lawd it is DELICIOUS.

Other fun finds: $20 (actually $40!) off a TravelPro MaxLite rolling suitcase.
A Vornado spaceheater with safety features that works really well for my computer dungeon. Reviews were a little mixed on how reliable it is, but Costco so who cares?

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Tim Whatley posted:

Here's a new one. I rent a really great end unit three floor condo and have for 2.5 years. My landlord hit me with the news yesterday that I have to leave at the end of May or he's offering to sell it to me and it's a pretty solid price. I don't wanna move yet so.... anybody have any experience with a Costco mortgage?

In the home buying thread some of the posters were saying that they shopped around pretty extensively and the Costco recommended lender ended up coming in vastly cheaper.

This (a mortgage) is something you should learn to comparison shop, and then you should comparison shop it, because while Costco might be able to get you the best deal, your local credit union might be able to offer you an absolutely insane rate and closing costs. Plus you can negotiate between lenders for rates / fees.

Basically go to the BFC subforum and there's a whole thread.

Cheers!

PBUC

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

My Citi rebate was like $760.

PBUC.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

FCKGW posted:

You spent $70k on your card? :wtc:

No dogg, it's 4% on gas, 3% on all travel and food, 2% on everything at Costco.

My wife and I do almost all of our spending on the Costco card, but it wasn't $70,000!

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Like if I break it down by category probably $4,000 on gas, $5,000 on travel, $7,000 on restaurants, $10,000 at the 'Co.

The card has really, really good cash back rewards.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Taima posted:

I do ok for myself too bud.

If he knows then why is he leaving half his generic cash back on the floor. I'm not making some kind of judgment on his character, I'm just saying that it's straight up bad fiscal policy to put all of your spend on the Costco visa.

lol yeah no poo poo, which is why I told you exactly the categories I min/maxed to get to $760 in rewards dollars, can you read?

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

RJWaters2 posted:

Will they tell me my rewards are ready or do I have to go get em
Also are they based on your sign up date or time of year?

Your Citi card rewards will be emailed to you after your February statement closes. Your executive member rewards will be mailed to you the month your membership renews.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Trastion posted:

I hope all you guys using these cards for cash back are actually paying off the balance each month otherwise your losing way more money to interest than you are getting back.

lol

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Sweet, the Costco Anywhere Visa card got rid of it's foreign transaction fee.

Yeah this let us close one of our other credit cards we'd been holding for no other reason.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I've gone to Costco enough on Thursdays that my phone is giving me travel time to Costco unprompted

PBUC

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

The mocha is so good that I buy it when we arrive at Costco and drink it while we make the rounds.

It's made with Kirkland beans, cold-brewed - nice coffee, nice flavor, great chocolate.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

lol I was doing some shopping for furniture and came across this dank, dank, dank ad copy from Costco.com

The Wise Ad Copy People of Costco posted:

It’s been said that the world’s most successful people all have one thing in common: They read. Bill Gates reads around 50 books a year; Mark Cuban reads for at least three hours a day; Warren Buffett spends 80 percent of his day reading. As an expert in your field, you know the only way to maintain your competitive advantage is to be continuously learning. In your free time, you don’t just read books about your field — you read about leadership and growth. The books you surround yourself with are a reflection of your education and position. Keeping those books within arm’s reach is important, and for that, you need a great bookcase. Luckily, Costco makes it easy to find the right bookcase; simply consider your needs and then narrow your search by brand, color, and more. Enjoy wholesale prices on all of Costco’s office furniture, including bookcases. Shop in stores or online at Costco.com today for smart savings you’re going to love!

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Rabid Snake posted:

I dropped by costco today to get this. These taste great thanks for letting me know that they had pre marinated chicken breasts.

Super easy to cook too, just put it in the oven and boom moist delicious chicken.

I wonder how they'd work if I popped 'em in the Anova?

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

I just bought a vacuum sealer on Saturday and what does Costco.com offer me today?

Why it's the holiest sacrament imaginable!

http://www.costco.com/.product.100232186.html

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Their Pure Protein shakes are fantastic. The bars kinda suck.

Every flavor of these are good. The caramel looked disgusting but proved to be absolutely unstoppable as far as flavor is concerned.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Went to the gym this morning and had a protein shake, coffee and one of the Kirkland protein bars for breakfast.

Now I'm thinkin about buying that hammock for my back yard. PBUC!

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Rutibex posted:

if you are buying a half million dollar diamond, doesn't getting the 20% off costco discount version kind of defeat the purpose? you are supposed to be showing off your wealth, spending less just makes you look like a chump

There is a particular slice of rich people who have 1) a ton of loving money but 2) LOOOVE to get a good deal. This is basically right in the middle of Costco's wheelhouse.

They sell you a 5* vacation at 4* prices, they sell you a premium car at 10% below MSRP, they sell you prime but price it like choice, they sell you Blue Label at $180 a bottle.

Kirkland Napa County should be like a $25 bottle, but it's $13.99 etc. etc. etc.

PBUC

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Does the Costco Visa have an annual cash back limit?

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Jingleheimer posted:

I think they do, but its significantly higher than the executive rebate limit. The highest one I've personally seen someone have was a little over $8,000.

Dang, that's lit.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Good Dog posted:

Also ordered some canvas prints online that should arrive next week.

I have found these to be of good quality, provided the source image had sufficient resolution.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

therobit posted:

Costco is a great 2 hour activity with the kids. I have 2 kids and all 3 of us eat for $4.50, and then I strap the 3 year old into a cart and have my 8 year old grab stuff that isn't heavy off the shelves. They like eating samples, but I never let them stop and wait for one if it isn't already on the tray because I'm not an rear end in a top hat that likes to clog up the aisles for 5 minutes every 15 feet. I try to take them every Sunday since it is my church. PBUC

Sup fellow Costco parent? I have a 22 month old who yells "HOT DOG HOT DOG HOT DOG" every time she sees the Costco sign out of her car seat.

We go Friday nights, which are pretty dead, but it's great daddy daughter bonding time.

I'm expecting my "Parent of the Year" award any day now.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

I returned a car seat from a car that had been in an accident and I got a full refund (which I used to buy another car seat, obviously). PBUC.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

We may need a full scale inquisition over this potential misuse of the hallowed laws!

I was 100% clear with them that it had been in an accident and asked whether it would be acceptable for a return. Cut the straps and everything.

They were very friendly and helpful, and happily returned it.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

I've secured all the mates I need at this point in my life, I'm wearing crocs.

My body type is croc.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

belt posted:

anyone tried the kirkland craft beer variety pack?

first time I've ever seen it today and almost picked it up but still a little gunshy after kirkland light beer.

This poo poo is gross. Unlike the PROTEIN BARS WHICH ARE GREAT.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Taking two things back to the 'Co this morning. A food sealer that we never used because I became a vegetarian right after we bought it (stupid, but it's unopened) and a pair of the Gerry cargo shorts that did NOT hold up NEARLY as well as the Izods or the Greg Norman Ultimate Travel Short.

The GNUTS are loving amazing though.

Any "MUST ACQUIRE" items out recently?

We got the pop up hammock it's nice but it's a little buggy in our back yard. It'll get used over time.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

The Slack Lagoon posted:

This is an explosive idea everyone is going to start doing this

Helium is inert. Are you thinking of hydrogen?

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

FogHelmut posted:

My 19 month old son just at a whole 1/4 lb plus all beef hot dog. No bun though because apparently he's keto today. :dadjoke:

My almost two year old daughter when she figures out we're pulling into Costco starts Y E L L I N G "HOT DOG HOT DOG"

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

We had quite the little week at Costco last week. Case of Dogfish Head and a bottle of the 7Y Bourbon for the World Cup party, a sheet cake, sodas, wine and 8 (!) pizzas for my daughter's birthday party, a blender for my mother in law.

PBUC.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Chinatown posted:

I searched for the cream cheese bagels but couldn't find them. :sigh:

Also they were apparently out of Dr. Bronners Magic Eighteen In One Peppermint Hemp Oil Pure Castile Soap. :(

Otherwise it was great! They had bags of straight up frozen broccoli, which is like the Normandy blend but just straight up broccoli which is my fav thing anyways.

Also loaded up on a slice of cheese on the way out, refill was consumed.

One time I called my wife from Costco, confused, because "all they have here is the florets, where's the broccoli?"

I got laughed at for several months afterwards.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Argyle posted:

NORMANDY SOUP

I just use the Gordon Ramsay broccoli soup recipe, except with the Normandy blend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KR44a_5v_A

I skip the goat cheese because I don't usually have any on hand. But I do recommend adding a few peeled garlic cloves to the initial boil, as well as a shake of cayenne or paprika to the blender. A splash of cream never hurt anyone either.

This looks dank, thanks.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Whooping Crabs posted:

Do these get bigger every year? Gonna need a uhaul to get these home soon

My daughter has one of these, his name is Costco.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

So since joining Costco I've become a vegetarian so I'm glad the al pastor salad is very, very good, and I obviously still love the cheese pizza.

I don't eat the dogs anymore though.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

GORDON posted:

Rented a car through Costco.

I see today that the rental car company billed me twice almost twice as much as Costco quoted.

Let's see what Costco Travel does about it when they open, tomorrow...

They will use their long, Costco dick to gently caress them right in the rear end of savings is what's going to happen.

The customer might not always be right, but the member? The member is a God.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I only smoked once I quit drinking a month ago. It caused anxiety. I'm going to try it again. Someone mentioned the George Carlin method of "one and done." I tried that with a vap cap before but it wasn't really enough to get me high so I smoked a little more and just got anxious and not very high at all. I want to try it with a bowl so I get more right away.

He was actually asking about a relatively common and underdiagnosed marijuana-associated nausea condition called cyclic vomiting syndrome.

Heavy marijuana users develop this terrible nausea, and it's often helped by a hot shower.

It doesn't seem like that's your problem. Marijuana is NOT a great antiemetic as it contains both THC and CBD, although it's a pretty decent appetite stimulant. CBD alone is thought to have antiemetic properties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Geoj posted:

Also makes a great cold pasta salad.

We tossed two pounds of fusilli with some cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, Kirkland pesto and parmesan and a splash of reserved pasta water for a party on the fourth and had to sheepishly admit the secret was Costco brand pesto when everyone asked for the recipe.

All these ingredients are available at Costco. PBUC.