Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Prude posted:

there should be levels beyond executive tbh
And this. . . Is to go. . . BEYOND EXECUTIVE
:buys hot dog and burger: :ssj:

Actually one of the CostCos by my home is piloting the 5 Guys Burger. I should try it some day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It's going to be approximately as hot as Satan's anus after Habanero-Ghost Pepper Curry Night in the L.A. area this week so praise be unto the cart wranglers, who may die for your cart related sins.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Wife let me know we needed a TP and fizzy water restock 30 mins before the 'co closed. Drove to it got the goods and was out in 20, just as the gates came down to punish the masses.

Praise be

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
On this rarest of days where Costco is closed to our hearts, let us appreciate what is given to us.

And remember the brief PriCost period.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

KakerMix posted:

You guys ever see Costco out of croissants? I have. It is something I'd rather not relive.

Aint nothing compared to a chicken run, mang

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Pennywise the Frown posted:

What do you do with the leftovers of that thing?
Dont do what i did and leave it at the bottom of your fridge for over a week, then leave the door open 20 minutes as you restock/clean, then reheat it a day later as part of leftovers.

For my sins against the bord, I was struck with food poisoning and puked for about 8 hours straight in regular 35 minute intervals.

I prayed to costco for deliverance but only the porcelain devil heard my calls that night.

Also, if you're handy, you could use the bone carcass as a base for stock.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Out of curiosity what do the unwashed Sam's Folken look forward to?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
They did a Carne Asada Bake at my old 'Co and it was a terrible embarassment. 10 minutes to get it anf it wasnt as great as the Chicken.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Forgive these heathens

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The local 'co (I got three within about 10 minutes driving distance) started selling Kirkland Sangria.

God drat PBUC because that thing should be sacrament wine prior to any good Dog Trip.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The Costco by my old place now serves chilli. The chilli is good but in typical PBUC fashion it is too much for one acolyte.

Needs fries, tho.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Stottie Kyek posted:

Last time I was in Costco they were selling some enormous TVs and showing one of the new Superman films on them, but they'd put some kind of interpolation on it so it looked like a really bad soap opera.

That's usually part of the show off demo mode.

Cry instead at the very likely possibility the splitter they're running off of is sending composite.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Loveline posted:

Whoa whoa whoa. Now let's not give out bad information. Returns on electronics are 90 days. The warranties are 1+1 or 1+1+2 with the card. PBUC.
Whoah wait. If I buy a TV with the card AND get squaretrade on top, does that mean I'm covered for 7 years???

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I saw the absolutely monster pumpkin pie yesterday for $6 and almost passed out from the miracle.

I bought one to sample before thanksgiving. Good, but required 10 minutes in the oven to de-sog the crust.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
You know the answer in your heart my child. Just realize that the Bounty of the co extends far beyond what one man can consume or should consume.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

FCKGW posted:

This makes no sense to me because you need a card to checkout anyways so what’s the point?
A trio of annoying teens walked in last week to sample the freebies and get a slice.

I'd rather that filth stay at the mall where it belongs.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Giving myself Costco kimchi handies to pwn the libs

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Chinatown posted:

Just had a 15 minute convo with my uncle who I disagree with about everything about Costco. PBUC.
Worst part of the holidays is having to listen to the Walguys jerk themselves raw over Sam's Club App Checkout.

Lol ok guys enjoy your terrible selection for the convenience of not spending 5 minutes in line.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

shame upon this member
One of the employees yesterday at the Co I was at was cupshaming the pieces of poo poo that used water cups for soda.

I preferred excommunication

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Taima posted:

Would you also say the 12 year is "hella tight" for the price?

I believe it is classified under federal law as "The bomb dot com"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Chinatown posted:

dont throw wet wipes own the loving toilet please

They are flushable wet wipes but the catch is that you have to flush one at a time.

The next great ecological disaster in our sewers is going to be clogs due to gentle wipes.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The Cos in California had to add a sign near the entrance to remind folks to keep their yappy add pets out of temple.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Praise my local costco, who not only tests the Kirkland burger but is testing out touchscreen ordering for the food court!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Taima posted:

Zojirushi thermos' are the poo poo.
Truth.

I used to struggle with the annoyance of having to boil water for the baby in the middle of the night. Nothing like listening to 3 minutes of wailing while the kettle did its job.

Then we got a Zoji vacuum thermos and tossing hot water in it at 9 left us good till like 7 the following morning.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Heretics!

http://abc7.com/amp/armed-robbers-sought-after-taking-jewelry-from-pacoima-costco/3074849/

One of the videos shows a brave acolyte trying to crash a cart into the thieves.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Bless that brave soul, if you would not do the same 1000 times over you are not fit to be among the flock!
If you die protecting your local 'Co, do you go to an etherial food court what provides Dogs and Refills for free?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That sounds like something you that should be brought up to customer service at the very least.

I've gotten poo poo when my wife pays for stuff using her card (literally the same account), and to be honest It's pretty grating. But that's nowhere near as lovely as what you had to deal with.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Taima posted:

Not to say this wasn't a dick move but I'm not understanding how it's racist.
Could be where the cashier said they were tired of "people like you".
Could be where any number of waspy couples before them likely didnt get hassled

:iiam:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Taima posted:

Somehow you have decided that this is the most likely reason- that the cashier is just Hitler incarnate instead of just misinformed or managed poorly.
"You people" is kind of a dogwhistly term dude.

That's in addition to the unprofessional and really out of place lecture they had to sit though before paying for their poo poo.

In the few times they've carded my wife, she usually just points at me loading the lane up and they're like "oh yeah there he is". We might also get something about Store Policy, and if we're really lucky, some B.S. about the cardholder needing to pay for stuff.

I'd like to think why you believe it's appropriate for a cashier to give a couple of folks a hard time like that, to the point where they're uncomfortable, even if it is store policy. Hell, even the assumption that he's buying poo poo for her is out of line.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Feb 19, 2018

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

jerry seinfel posted:

I went to costco a week ago and was in like at the food court and had a boomer ready to kill me for a hotdog

what im saying is there are heretics in the church. had a good brisket sandwich tho.
That's almost as bad as getting the ol' cart to the Achilles.

Question though, is it rude to part abandoned/waiting for food carts parked haphazardly? Like Moses, I tend to clear carts that block the path of the righteous. Some samplerfolk act offended that I laid hands on their cart parked diagonally across the aisle.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

bio347 posted:

Silly as it is, that includes things like spouses if you haven't each gotten your own card for some reason. How aggressively this is enforced can depend pretty heavily on the building, and even then on the specific employees you're dealing with.
True, but does it matter who hands over the card or which Debit card gets swiped if the member is literally 2 feet away from the cashier? If I swing by on the way home and load the cart up with midol and Tampax do I then get questioned about who those items are for?

If they're that protective of the membership rights, why extend the ability for friends to purchase things with cash at all.

I understand I can't just toss my card to my cousin and say go hog wild, but if the member is standing right there is it that much of a problem?

I guess this is all due to every store being run slightly differently as well.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

FogHelmut posted:

Hell yeah, wild caught and $5 a lb. I buy that poo poo and freeze it..
My wife decided to be fancy and buy the Wild Caught Never Frozen Salmon from the 'Co once.

We take it home directly, chop it up and sprinkle some pepper, salt and lime on it. Delicious looking.

She gets the pan ready while I'm rolling the fish around in seasoning. I pick up one of the chunks with the tongs and I notice something that looks like a strand of hair or a plastic fibre.

That's weird.

I grab a knife to scrape it off and The loving thing recoils from the knife once it makes contact.

I drop it in the sink and look at the rest of the salmonbits soaking in lime.

Little glass filaments writhing around.

That's when I learned about parasitic worms and basically peaced out of Wild Caught fishies.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

belt posted:

Have you guys tried the Kirkland seasoned slice roast beef. I’ve always steered away from it because it’s $7/lb and other stuff is cheaper but this is one of the best damned sandwiches I’ve ever made.

We prefer the Columbus brand, but the Kirkland stuff is real good too.

I used to buy those giant Oscar Meyer 3packs of ham or turkey and wonder why I never wanted to finish them. Now I know it's because they were gross pressed reconstituted meat product

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'd also add a bag of lentils. Grad a $5 pack of bacon end bits from your local Ralph's and you've got a delicious lunch/ dip that's good for a few days.
Pair with rice in a kind of poor man's curry for more heft.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

jerry seinfel posted:

My costco was pushing executive memberships today but unless they prorate my recently started membership I don't know if it's worth it to do the executive upgrade

There were a bunch of middle managers walking around and I'm worried it's going to get weird there now

They did that for about a month at my old Costco. Best I figure is that they push signups every now and then for a few weeks

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Jingleheimer posted:

I just found out that Kirkland golf balls are available on Costco.com right now.
Theyve been embroiled in some kind of corporate espionage suit over their balls, get them while theyre out!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Mustached Demon posted:

Protein shake chat:

They make great coffee creamers. Just slam down whatever you don't stick in your morning coffee.
Truth.

You can also use the bagged whey mix, though that likely needs a premix with some milk or water before dumping coffee into it, unless you love lumps.

Protein bar + protein coffee should serve ya fine in the morning. Make a little cup of Coach's Oats to really fill you up if youre not carb sensitive

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The wife wanted communion as we exited with cart and child. The order line seemed pretty big, about 20 people or so, but the Order Kiosk was empty.

It took her longer to punch in the items and swipe her card than it took to pick up the food. A++ would use again.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

a hole-y ghost posted:

I don't think I've had to return anything to costco...
Ive had to do two returns in the ~10 years ive had it as an adult.

One was ill fitting baby clothes. The other is in process: bought an ASUS ROG laptop and the right speaker is just busted as poo poo. Anything over 45% volume blows out the channel when the low end kicks in.

Took me longer than the 90 days so Costco Concierge is helping coordinate with ASUS for an RMA/repair.
Sucks i cant just exchange for a working model, but the sins of others affect us all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

FCKGW posted:

Does anyone else's Costco have this? The couple by my house do not.
Yeah one by my home does. (I am gifted with no less than Three Churches and one Business Center im range).

It lets you skip the giant line because Kiosk orders are assembled pretty quickly. My wife saw 12 people in line and went the kiosk route. She had our DOGS + Refill and Pizza slices before the second person even:clint: ordered.