Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

binge crotching posted:

They do, I've used my US membership at every Costco country except China and Iceland, because I haven't been back to either for work since they opened.

I was going to add that the UK Costco only takes American Express, but they just recently changed their policy and they take Visa, MasterCard and Maestro now too :toot: . If we ever get back to the UK we won't have to pull cash out of the ATM to buy cases of chocolate (for some reason the till wasn't taking our debit card, either).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

FogHelmut posted:

everyone is buying toilet paper and paper towels and the gas line is longer than rush hour. Do these maniacs really think antifa is going to come to the suburbs and take their toilet paper?

Possibly. We went to ours this morning shortly after opening and the queue for the staffed registers was almost as busy as a weekend.

Hardly anyone waiting for the self checkout though.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Ours has samples but they aren't actually giving anything out, so there'll be an employee with a forbidden bowl of tortellini like some kind of food museum display.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

The Midniter posted:

I was looking to pick up a pack of Caribbean Food Delights Spicy Beef Patties to replenish my stock when I hit Costco this past weekend, and was crestfallen that they were nowhere to be found. Can anyone let me know if they're still available locally?

Yeah, I mean, I could buy packs of two at the store, but why buy two when you can buy ten?

They've been coming in and out of stock at our local one (DC Metro area) for the past couple months now. One trip they won't have them, then in another week or two they're back. Just seems to be luck of the draw.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Every so often the Costco promotional emails give me a glimpse into a world I'll never know.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Not only that, if you go to the product page it has to be both specially shipped and assembled because it's two packages with a combined weight of 1600 pounds.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Accretionist posted:

Costco's real prize:

Great for soups and savory oatmeals!

Around here, the grocers, they only sell small jars with high salt. And for similar cost!

I wish they'd sell the garlic flavor at Costco. We go through that like water at my house.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Wow, ours had the four pack of AMC theatre tickets on clearance for $11.97 today.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Alan Smithee posted:

Was this fake? I haven't seen this anywhere else, and the coupon book photos online all only go until 2/28 anyway

It's an advertisement from last year.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

I held out on buying the giant bag of Jacquot chocolate eggs until they were on clearance for something like 7.97 and dang.

That's a pretty good chocolate egg right there.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

I don't remember if the cold brew cans say to dilute but they have like 225mg caffeine in each so I definitely have to cut it with something because my tolerance isn't that high.

I know some people go through that like nothing though, but they're definitely very harsh tasting if you try and drink it straight.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

The Walrus posted:

those are for italians to put on propane burners in their garage ime

My neighbors set theirs up in the backyard and I enviously watch them make huge batches of tamales.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Mary Poppins over here thinking you can keep a kid out of a dumpster.

Just as water finds its own level, kids will find dangerous filth to play in.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

You can freeze hot dog buns too. Never be without again.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

For pet food in general, manufacturing, warehouse, and distribution have all been rocked by covid. Like, a few months ago a bag of cat food (not costco related) I ordered got put on a truck and loving driven cross country when normally it would've been sent from a closer warehouse or at least probably put on a plane.

Mercury Hat fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Apr 29, 2021

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Adding my praise for the boba ice milk bars, I've never had them before and they're really good. Sweet without being cloying and I like the chewy boba as a way to break up the ice milk texture. My costco also had giant sized bags of the Mrs Vickie's jalapeno kettle chips, my favorite kind of chip so I'm set on snacks for awhile :slick: .

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

The Miss Vickie's jalapeno kettle chips are on sale this week, time to stock up :yum: .

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

They must be targeting local businesses or something in my area, because our regular Costco has had whole frozen lamb (I think, it might've been goat) and huge boxes of cubed goat meat. When I pointed it out to my partner, a guy leaned over to me and said very excitedly "And they're halal, too, that's important!"

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Yeah, more than likely that's a big draw. They've had them in the freezer since way before Easter, though, it gives me the impression it's going to be a more or less permanent product of our store.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Spinz posted:

It's like 25 lb of semi-sweet chocolate chips for like $8

I'm literally going to have to stop shopping at Costco

May I also point out that my bag of Kirkland chocolate chips says right on the bag that they're great for snacking :yum: .

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

These ham and cheese croissant / danish things they got in the bakery section aren't half bad. I can't imagine eating one for breakfast, but it was a good lunch.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

priznat posted:

That looks like the cibatta cheese buns they sell in the bakery which are good but man they are greasy as hell.

Yeah the cheese and buttery croissant combo makes this a sometimes treat for me. Came out nice and crisp from the oven, though.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

CaptainCrunch posted:

I noticed my church has a fat pack of chicken meat pulled from not-sold-in-time rotisserie chickens for like, $12.

Is that a decent deal, because it looks like at least 3 birds worth of meat?

I’m teetering on my decision precipice.

For already cooked, shredded chicken breast it's probably pretty good cost-wise. I'd bet it freezes pretty decently if you separate it out into manageable portions.

For my money, you can't beat the containers of 8 rotisserie chicken quarters they sell for 5 buckaroonies, though.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Yeah, I have the best luck if I've gone around opening time on a weekday, like Tue-Wed-Thu. They don't have many and not all the time but they keep them with the packs of breast meat, the big premade salads, the ribs, that kinda stuff.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

I get gas at our Costco because every other gas station in my area that's a comparable price has the worst designs and I always feel like I'm risking life, limb, and dents fueling up. More gas stations in general should be one-way instead of a concrete pad stamped into a lot off the highway with two-to-four different side streets all connected to it :colbert: .

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Geodude posted:

Those Colombe Draft Latte's are great, but VERY strong caffeine wise for how small of a can they are, and how easy they go down. The mocha flavor was also too chocolately for my taste.
For anyone who wants to know, the triple shot says it has 175mg of caffeine, the mocha 170mg, and the vanilla 115mg. I'm working my way through the flavors and deciding if they're worth the price or if I'm just paying for a gimmicky can, but they taste good and aren't overly sweet like some other premixed cold coffee drinks.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

LadyPictureShow posted:

We saw kulfi bars at a Costco, but didn't buy them because it was a bit of a madhouse so we cut our losses and decided to come back another time (clearly, the 'best' time to go to our nearest Costco isn't a universal). Has anybody tried those?

fizzymercury posted:

I was super disappointed in the kulfi bars. They're tiny and not very creamy or flavorful. I didn't think they'd be much like real kulfi and I was still let down by them.

And I mean it they're teeny tiny.
Yeah this matches my experience pretty close.

They're much more ice milk textured than the boba bars, a little like a popsicle. The flavors are mild, but I remember liking the cardamom the best. I definitely wanted the pistachio to be a bit stronger but I'd eat pistachios by the bagful.

They're also pretty tiny, if I remember right. We finished the box, but didn't replace it when it was gone. I didn't hate them, but ultimately they weren't really to my tastes.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Yeah, for a bunch of reasons, there's a shortage of real Christmas trees in general depending on where you are in the country.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Yeah, my neighbor went yesterday and said even with all the registers open, the line was clear back to the frozen foods.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Taima posted:

By the way, I noticed that they now sell an 8 pack of chicken legs for $4.99. How long as this been going on?!?! That is an utterly fantastic deal that even surpasses the almost mythical properties of the whole rotisserie chicken itself.

Depends on a lot of factors like time of day, day of the week, etc. I see them more often than not at my local store on Tuesdays or Wednesdays right around opening.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Look out, my Costco had the giant bags of chocolate eggs for Easter already.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Just buy one of those giant massage chairs they always email me about and blast your kidney stones into powder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Yeah, ours was outrageous for a Tuesday morning, too. 15 cents cheaper than the place down the road, but that wasn't worth it for me so I didn't even bother.