Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Playoff rankings this week are going to be

Alabama
Ohio State
Clemson
Louisville
-------------
Michigan
Wisconsin
Washington
Penn State

Western Michigan will still be too low (though they'll get a boost after they beat Toledo, which will be enough to put them in a NY6 bowl), and I will be really mad that Troy is nowhere to be found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Football is good

Football is bad

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo

Pakled posted:

I can't believe GT won today. Our offense was gutted from injuries (and one suspension). We were down our starting QB and our leading rusher. We started 3 freshmen on the OL and I think on of the entire offense, only one senior got playing time today.

Our defense really stepped up. The way they forced so many turnovers reminded me of 2014. The Austin brothers deserve medals. They even got some decent pressure on the QB at times, which is something we've been really lacking all year.

Matthew Jordan's got a lot to work on, but I feel better about a post-Justin Thomas GT now.

We not only won but we were in control the entire game, surprisingly. I'm so glad that at the very least, we get to go to some middling bowl game now.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!

Crotch Bat posted:

Well nobody is except a 0-1 loss Bama. If OSU wins out they're in guaranteed.

Even with a Wisc or PSU B1G champ? PAC12 is out, Oklahoma and OKst still have to play, Bama wins the SEC, and Clemson wins the ACC. I thought the committee was supposed to consider conference champs in their final ranking

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It's a real bummer we lost. We played well enough to win. I am worried for Charlie Strong now.

Also, does Dana Holgerson flip out like that every game? I think he's gonna give himself a heart attack.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

UF beat Muschamp and Appleby was considerably better than Del Rio. I'll take it.

LSU is probably going to gape us next weekend though.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

DC Murderverse posted:

Playoff rankings this week are going to be

Alabama
Ohio State
Clemson
Louisville
-------------
Michigan
Wisconsin
Washington
Penn State

Western Michigan will still be too low (though they'll get a boost after they beat Toledo, which will be enough to put them in a NY6 bowl), and I will be really mad that Troy is nowhere to be found.

Ohio State and Michigan will be 4 v 5, so ESPN can have the talking point of "the game is just like a play-in game!"

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Dabo always wins

He lost a bad game where Watson set the ACC record for passing yards due to bad play calling (just take the loving field goal next time) and horrible refs but he still comes out on top. And before anyone bitches about Louisville we still have a head to head win over them and still beat FSU also and still have better wins then them with wins over Auburn and Troy.

Clemsoning

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

PostNouveau posted:

It's a real bummer we lost. We played well enough to win. I am worried for Charlie Strong now.

Also, does Dana Holgerson flip out like that every game? I think he's gonna give himself a heart attack.

he chugs red bulls on the sideline

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

RIP Account posted:

Dabo always wins

He lost a bad game where Watson set the ACC record for passing yards due to bad play calling (just take the loving field goal next time) and horrible refs but he still comes out on top. And before anyone bitches about Louisville we still have a head to head win over them and still beat FSU also and still have better wins then them with wins over Auburn and Troy.

Clemsoning

Assuming they win out, Louisville's wins over Houston and Kentucky will be as good if not better than the wins over Auburn and Troy. Also, they didn't beat FSU, they loving shithoused them.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

bvlah posted:

We not only won but we were in control the entire game, surprisingly. I'm so glad that at the very least, we get to go to some middling bowl game now.

Yeah like, for every part of it except maybe two drives in the third quarter, we were in the driver's seat. The score looks a lot closer than the game really was, 13 of VT's points happened when there were <5 minutes left in the 4th quarter and we were just running down the clock.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

RIP Account posted:

Dabo always wins

Clemsoning

He was such a punk bitch in that presser when asked about Clemsoning that I was dying for someone to bring it up again.

No dice though.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

swickles posted:

Assuming they win out, Louisville's wins over Houston and Kentucky will be as good if not better than the wins over Auburn and Troy. Also, they didn't beat FSU, they loving shithoused them.

Huston ain't winning their division and lol SEC East

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

swickles posted:

I don't disagree, but It really doesn't matter though because they still lost to Clemson.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

He was such a punk bitch in that presser when asked about Clemsoning that I was dying for someone to bring it up again.

No dice though.

He probably would have produced a handgun and shot someone.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Derwin James doesn't get hurt then it was my original scenario after the Louisville game of Alabama - Clemson - Louisville - FSU playoff
so close and also please fire all the people I list every week

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Kirk can be the coach forever, gently caress it

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Crotch Bat posted:

Well nobody is except a 0-1 loss Bama. If OSU wins out they're in guaranteed.

I (don't) want to live in a world where OSU is in the playoff despite not winning their division

not the conference, but the division

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Wildcat whomped up on Purdue, one win away from the poo poo bowl we richly deserve

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Scarf posted:

I don't disagree, but It really doesn't matter though because they still lost to Clemson.

Didn't even beat the spread

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Everyone needs to know about Austin Carr, he is insanely good.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

Everyone needs to know about Austin Carr, he is insanely good.

This is very true

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The schedule looked really bad today and I needed to get out after this horrible week so I left the house after the first quarter of the Washington game. Then this poo poo happens. Anyway, lol Michigan (though they're really just having MSU's 2015 season, in a way).

Also hoooooooly poo poo Rutgers is even worse than I imagined. 49-0 against the worst MSU team of my lifetime.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Wickerman posted:

Even with a Wisc or PSU B1G champ? PAC12 is out, Oklahoma and OKst still have to play, Bama wins the SEC, and Clemson wins the ACC. I thought the committee was supposed to consider conference champs in their final ranking

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I (don't) want to live in a world where OSU is in the playoff despite not winning their division

not the conference, but the division

I forgot what division they were in (through no fault of my own because the Big 10 makes stupid loving divisions I refuse to keep track of at this point) so yea, my mistake.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Crotch Bat posted:

I forgot what division they were in (through no fault of my own because the Big 10 makes stupid loving divisions I refuse to keep track of at this point) so yea, my mistake.

it's East and West divisions in the Big Ten.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm guessing College GameDay will be at Oklahoma/West Virginia, as it looks to be the only ranked-on-ranked matchup next week.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Crotch Bat posted:

XORT RETURNS.

To recap:

- #2 Clemson Clemsons a game to Pitt and loses on a last-second FG (Deshaun Watson sets the ACC passing record with 580 yards)
Also on Clemson's last drive while trying to kill the clock, instead of going to New ACC Passing Record Holder Deshaun Watson to throw a 5 yard out which was working all game, they ran the ball on third and short and 4th and 1 and didn't get the first down. Pitt then had one pass into field goal range and won the game.

Don't fix what ain't broken.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

AsInHowe posted:

it's East and West divisions in the Big Ten.

Yea but who carries a map with them?

The ACC has dumb divisions, too, that I've only learned through multiple years of play and I'm still not always sure where Pitt and Cuse go

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
PSU owns, chaos week owns

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

News: Colorado won the game but suffered two huge injuries to our offensive line

Views: we won the battle but lost the war :(. Losing those guys on the offensive line doesn't bode well for our remaining games :ohdear:

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Auburn didn't have a single first down in the second half.

So this happened in the high school state playoffs last night.

https://twitter.com/WestZachwest22/status/797295530544087040/photo/1

This was in regulation. Score was 56-33 at halftime. Hillgrove got to 56-54 and 70-61, but it unraveled from there with some interceptions.

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Nov 13, 2016

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

R.D. Mangles posted:

The Wildcat whomped up on Purdue, one win away from the poo poo bowl we richly deserve

Northwestern VS Wake Forest in the "we have tiny fan bases, just send us to Hawaii because we need an excuse"

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

MourningView posted:

Kirk can be the coach forever, gently caress it

i was here after we made it to the Rose Bowl. I mean, I'm never seeing the Hawks make it back there again, give the man whatever he wants, let him coach until he dies like JoePa but without the pedophilic DC.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Live look at this week's playoff committee:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8BWBn26bX0

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Auburn didn't have a single first down in the second half.

So this happened in the high school state playoffs last night.

https://twitter.com/WestZachwest22/status/797295530544087040/photo/1

This was in regulation. Score was 56-33 at halftime. Hillgrove got to 56-54 and 70-61, but it unraveled from there with some interceptions.

Eh, I mean 90-something's pretty high, but the other team's not pulling their weight so this doesn't get into Texas high school territory.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/GottliebShow/status/797523950423175168

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--whoa :stare:

RIP Account posted:

Dabo always wins

Clemsoning

I agree that it's hard/impossible to keep Clemson out if they take care of business the rest of the way. But they really remind me of the Manti Teo Notre Dame team that finally got housed by Bama, this is what, their 4th dance with disaster and it finally caught up to them?

Of course everyone else is bad too, so I guess you can't hold it against them too much.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Grittybeard posted:

^^--whoa :stare:

I agree that it's hard/impossible to keep Clemson out if they take care of business the rest of the way. But they really remind me of the Manti Teo Notre Dame team that finally got housed by Bama, this is what, their 4th dance with disaster and it finally caught up to them?

Of course everyone else is bad too, so I guess you can't hold it against them too much.

Oh I don't think any of us, even the staunchest Clemson advocate, is under the delusion that we wouldn't get completely run over by bama at this point.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Cougs Bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Scarf posted:

Oh I don't think any of us, even the staunchest Clemson advocate, is under the delusion that we wouldn't get completely run over by bama at this point.

There is not a single team that I would think could beat Bama even 1-of-4 times this year. They're heads and tails above everyone else. Not saying it's impossible for them to lose, but they're the best team by a long shot.

• Locked thread