Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

cant cook creole bream posted:

I've only ever seen one of these paths and I really don't believe that the other one could possibly top it, but I am excited to see what you will do.

One cool thing about Syana is that it's actually just a nickname. Her given name is Sylvia Anna, but it's a quite nice portmanteau which sounds way cooler and softer.

Actually, it's a quirk of the Toussaint rulers: Anna Henrietta goes by Anarietta, her grandmother Karolina Roberta is known as Caroberta and the game mentions Adelmarta, short for Adela Marta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

As much as I am curious what an elder vampire is like I would prefer Geralt to tell the duchess to suck it. :v:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

LupusAter posted:

Actually, it's a quirk of the Toussaint rulers: Anna Henrietta goes by Anarietta, her grandmother Karolina Roberta is known as Caroberta and the game mentions Adelmarta, short for Adela Marta.

Given how these people seem to collect names as a hobby, they'd have to shorten them to have any time left in the day.

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe
Is this a no decoction's playthrough?

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

I'm busy, and I'm having fun.
Technically, I guess, in the sense that I never really found any I liked that much so I totally forgot they existed. I dunno, are no-decoction runs a thing?

(I got really sick over the weekend. Update's coming in the next couple days.)

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
No quen death march is a very small and completely feasible thing. :colbert:

Alchemy is the best tree to invest in, so maybe it is a valid challenge. The swordsmanship doesn't need 30 points and the sign tree has hideous scaling. Having said that, a lot of decoctions are just filler for OCD people to collect but there are some good ones.

Archgriffin decoction cuts down the tedium of boss fights despite being nerfed. Ekhidna (spam jump outside of combat) and Ekkimara are nice so Geralt doesn't stuff his face full of food for a small city. Fiend lets you carry an extra 20 weight.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Delacroix posted:

Archgriffin decoction cuts down the tedium of boss fights despite being nerfed. Ekhidna (spam jump outside of combat) and Ekkimara are nice so Geralt doesn't stuff his face full of food for a small city. Fiend lets you carry an extra 20 weight.

Also cockactrice adds an additional potion potion to all of them. That can help you in a pinch if you have a particularly hard fight and are out of supplies.
The rest don't really feel that useful. But bombs are really great and often underused.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

Here we go.

B2. (X) Our Story So Far

First off, with the Big Choice looming, we gave a shot at doing a recap of the story up to the end of part 17! Is it any good? I dunno! But here it is if you want a refresher!

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

But, more importantly, it's time to MAKE A CHOICE. Is it time to take a stand against Detlaff, who's launched his terrible attack? Or do we do as he demanded, break Syanna out of prison and try one last time to resolve things peacefully? That choice is now yours.

The Summoning Arc covers our attempts to track down the Unseen Elder and convince him to make Detlaff show himself. The Jailbreak Arc covers our attempts to track down Syanna and find out how to sneak her out of her bizarre imprisonment. I've tried my best to keep them distinct (despite having seen one first, naturally) so that you can choose either without getting lost. Feel free to pick one, or watch both, or whatever you like. Enjoy!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Thanks for doing this extra work. I watched all three videos now. The path I have seen before is the jailbreak arc. Suffice to say, that may be the prettiest environment in the whole game.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Don't worry, there are going to be some distinct visuals in the other one.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Being in an abandoned fairy tale illusion, where everything went to poo poo causing Rapunzel to hang herself on her own hair to become a Disney wraith perfectly describes the witcher experience.
It's bleak, but it's extremely silly and downright funny if you think about it.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Wait wait wait, there is no way Geralt could ride a unicorn. He's no maiden. :colbert:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Poil posted:

Wait wait wait, there is no way Geralt could ride a unicorn. He's no maiden. :colbert:

Yen made sure that he is quite experienced at that.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

Hi! I changed my username, but I'm still here, posting Witcher videos:

I was poking around the game to get set up to record the endings, and decided to go down some of the alternate dialogue paths and do a bit more sightseeing in the Fablesphere, so here's the first and probably last ever extra content!

This also seems like a good point to remind everyone that, although there hasn't been a ton in B&W, this game does have some NSFW scenes.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I haven't watched Jailbreak yet but Summoning... wow.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Real disappointed we couldn't get your raw reactions to the 19A stuff and that you didn't find the bonfire until cleanup.

Also I turned her down so I had no idea that poo poo was Zero G, that's weird

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sorry you've had to go through life without hearing the phrase 'popped his/her clogs', I guess it's pretty British.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

Rodyle posted:

Real disappointed we couldn't get your raw reactions to the 19A stuff and that you didn't find the bonfire until cleanup.

Also I turned her down so I had no idea that poo poo was Zero G, that's weird

I do apologize for that -- I honestly don't know what happened except that it was 100% my fault. I've since made extra drat sure my mic audio is saved every time.

And yeah, that scene was ... not what I expected, let's say.

Polsy posted:

Sorry you've had to go through life without hearing the phrase 'popped his/her clogs', I guess it's pretty British.

I think I may have heard it in a TV show or two, but certainly nobody's ever said it in front of me in real life.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

Who wants some bestiary entries???

Wicked Witch

Pixies

Longlocks

Three Little Pigs

Big Bad Wolf

Cloud Giant

I think that's everything from the Land of a Thousand Fables, but if anyone wants to see any other glossary entries from the expansion, let me know and I'll grab 'em. One last one:

God drat Panthers

Level 1 Thief fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 4, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Level 1 Thief posted:

God drat Panthers

I like it when Geralt makes fun of lokal folklore.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I'm glad they did all those, they could have passed it off as 'that place isn't real so it doesn't really make sense' easily enough

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

it's almost like CDPR is a good dev that gives a poo poo

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Samovar posted:

Yeah, I remember Regis and his mandrake vodka. I really want to know if such a drink is actually possible to drink.

Not if it contains meaningful quantities of mandrake root. Mandrake is quite toxic.

I think the idea is that it has hypnotic and hallucinogenic effects that vampires and witchers can enjoy without the diarrhea, vomiting, tachycardia or asphyxiation.

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Feb 5, 2017

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Everyone at the time took that mandrake hooch so it's quite drinkable even for normies. Can't remember if they had killer hangovers though.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Source?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Baptism of Fire, Regis is discussing with Geralt and hansa.

quote:

Mine is seasoned and suitably prepared, and the distillate has been filtered. There is no need for alarm.

Had to dig that from Google books because I don't have the actual one at hand.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Oh I thought you meant in real life.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
I drink mandrake constantly and only die sometimes.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

And with that, the main story of Blood and Wine comes to a close! It's been a bit brutal keeping up with it, but it was loads of fun and I learned a ton in the process. I hope you all enjoyed it. We've still got plenty of quests to go, so stick around!

Fun fact: The total time of all the videos to this point (excluding B2, which had no game footage) is about 22 hours and 53 minutes, which is more than three times longer than the longest thing I've ever put on the internet before.

Also, in the near future (probably the 22nd), we're going to be launching a Resident Evil 7 thread. That game's been a blast, so please look forward to that as well! I'll try to get the next couple sidequest videos in before that, though this ending rush has totally nuked my backlog so I can't promise too much right at this moment.

Enjoy the endings, and we'll be back with more before you know it!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That executioner must love his job, not the slightest moment of hesitation, just one dynamic swing with the axe.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Please watch all 3 endings because we tried actually making them distinct.

(gently caress that shoeshine kid)

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
You can actually annoy Anna Henrietta and Dandelion at Syanna's grave. The duchess is kinda pissed about that.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Good that you're still going to play more. There's one particular sidequest I REALLY hope you find.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Moistened bint?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
My recording partner is a tasteful man who will not plug our work. I have no such qualms, and you may want to hop on this since my computer exploding put us a little behind on recording the further adventures of Geralt in Fabletown.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

END ME SCOOB posted:

My recording partner is a tasteful man who will not plug our work. I have no such qualms

I didn't want to bump this thread again until we finally had a video to show, or if I had to close it temporarily. On that note...

21. (S) Virtuoso

Suffice it to say this game REALLY doesn't want me to finish recording it. Sorry about the wait!

Level 1 Thief fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 19, 2017

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Bear armor is for criminals and the mentally defective.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Sweet, now Geralt can become king of England.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Geralt can't wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at him :colbert:

• Locked thread