Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile: -1 Dark: 1
Harm:0/4 Exp: 1/5 Conditions:

I nod at her question, and smile, "I know. You'll never leave me, right? No matter what happens, I can always count on you to be there for me, to be my," I turn my head away from her, with an embarrassed smile on my face, "..My... guardian angel?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile 1, Dark 0
Harm 4/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Babe In the Woods, Flighty

Uh. Sera just took her clothes off. Okay then I guess she can't hear me. And she's still talking to...Sam? What is this even supposed to help me do? Well time to leave I guess. I stand up and walk out, lighting up a cigarette as I do so. Don't want to head too far though. If Sera is the only person I can see or hear that might mean something. I think.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Hot -1 | Cold 2 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm: 0/4 | XP: 0/5 | Conditions: Tasteless | Location: An Empty Classroom -> Spooky Ghost Classroom

I peck Sam on the cheek with a quick kiss, "Never going to happen, Sam. You're stuck with me." My hand snakes downwards and we quickly reposition into a tangle together on the floor. It's amazing how alive I feel when I'm with Sam. The heat of her body against mine, our breath whispering against each other, and the cool touch of her fingers. I lose track of time as pleasure whirls through my head.

Fading! Sera falls asleep immediately after and enters her Darkest Self.

---

I roll over, my shoulder aching from awkwardly laying on the hard carpet of the classroom, and grumble. Something's not right. Something's missing. I tap around a bit. I shouldn't be alone, not now. Sam was here with me. I blink away the sleep from my eyes and bolt to my feet as I take in the classroom. Everything's weird. All grey and... dead. It reminds me of... Well, dying. That's not a great sign. I look around for my clothes and quickly realize that I'm fully dressed. Huh. Ghost physics at work. Guess ghost clothes are good for something. poo poo. This is just my luck. I need to find Sam before something bad happens. This place is giving me a seriously bad vibe and if she's wandering around alone, something awful might happen.

I sniff the air. There's a strange scent coming from the corridor outside. Smoke? Here? Well, that's definitely not Sam. Whoever — whatever — is making that might have seen her, though, and I'm not about to pass up a lead. I hoist my bag and start trudging out towards the source of smoke.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

I'm waiting outside when Sera steps out the door. First, she has her clothes back on. And second, she's looking around kind of confused. So maybe she's seeing what I see?

"Hey. Sera. Can you actually see me now or what?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 0/5 | Conditions: Tasteless | Location: Spooky Ghost Classroom

I stop suddenly when I see Sharona. She's all sorts of hosed up. Bloody bits, claw and bite marks. It's like she got into a fight with a lawnmower and lost. Yikes. It's... it's pretty gross honestly. But she's just smoking like nothing is happening, so I gotta go with it. At least for now. I say, "Uh, hey, Sharona. Have you seen- Wait, 'see me now'...?"

Oh my god. Did she just watch me and Sam? This was getting so weird. I should have seen her! Sam should have seen her! On the other hand, I could feel some of the pieces starting to click into place. If she was there, but we couldn't see her... Did that mean we were still at the school?

Tricky fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 2, 2017

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 | Cold: 1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1 --- Experience: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: - Loser, Obsessed

Instinctively, I open my mouth a little, slowly licking my lips again, this time without the calculating gesture, looking her over. I want to do it. I know that. I want to kiss her, feel her body heat and make her gasp, sink my teeth in and feel that heat flowing into me, and... no. no. She's sober. She won't accept me like Sam and Sera did, they're... well frankly they're weird. Tabitha is too, but in a normal way. She'd freak. I'd have to kill her if I fed, and I won't do that. "Maybe a small one, if you really insist." Sera, how long do I need to keep her busy until you've got the journal back? I move a little closer to Tab, taking another gulp of rum.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hot -1 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark 2
Harm 0/4 XP 0/5 Conditions:

Ohohoho. She really does move fast. The type who doesn't relish the hunt but savors the kill. We're like two sides of a coin it seems. Huh, I wonder how much she really is like me. If she's dangerous like me. She did get those two around her fingers in short time. They seem okay but I should be on the look out for funny business. If she's a succubus I'm probably supposed to do something about to protect the land for mother earth or whatever. Also it'd be rad as hell!

I take a swig of the rum. I try to make it look bigger than it is. I want her thinking she has an opening. Either so she thinks it's her idea to gently caress or so she over plays her hand and I get to see if there's other queen bitches in town.

"Insist? Well I won't twist your arm. But how can I say no if you're offering?" I chuckle, I try to make it sound nervous. poo poo I guess I am a little nervous. Nah just anxious. This poo poo could get wild, part of me really hope it does.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

"Yeah, I was in the classroom and I heard you. Then you came in talking to someone I couldn't see and took your clothes off. So I went outside to wait for you." I pause to take a drag off my cigarette. "To be honest, I'm not sure if this is real or not. Are you going to give me some kind of vague cryptic advice or something?"

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
Harm: 2/4 | XP: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: The Woods

By the time I get within sight of home I'm pretty much completely wiped out, physically and mentally. I've just been beating myself up non stop with what-ifs and maybes - What if I just walked away the first time she told me to? Maybe I could have stopped myself and just...didn't want too? What the hell does that say about me? Why didn't I just...forget it. Nothing I can do about it. I don't need to get all the way to town, just to my phone. Which is in my car, about a hundred feet away. As I slump down against a tree with Sharon's corpse in my lap it might as well be a hundred miles. I don't think I can move. I just wanna cry for a year and then walk into the lake. I try to cry, but what happens instead is a big, full power howl of loneliness and regret. It echoes all out over the lake, and even the moon can hear it...

Gaze Into The Abyss: 2d6+3 7

Question is "what should I do to get out of this", answer will be mysterious.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 0/5 | Conditions: Tasteless | Location: Spooky Ghost Hallway

I blink, "Uh, thanks, I guess. Didn't really realize you were... watching. But you couldn't see Sam...? That's odd."

I sink down against a locker and try to put the pieces together. This is all so familiar. A weird, faded world. People can't see you and you can't see them. It's all reminding me of in the classroom this morning when I heard those voices. The LTA victims? Too soon to say. Might have just been a bad dream. But more than anything? It's reminding me of the week I was dead.

Wait.

I look up at Sharona, "This is real, as far as I can tell, unless I'm just dreaming. You didn't happen to die or something, did you? I mean—" I wave at her gruesome visage. "—it doesn't look like you should be up and walking." Alright, maybe not my most diplomatic moment. So sue me. I'm still drowsy, worried about Sam, and don't exactly have time to mince words.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 | Cold: 1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1 --- Experience: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: - Loser, Obsessed

Well... soberish. A few more drinks like that and it might be safe. I reach out, take the bottle and sip, then with the rum still on my breath, lean in and give her a kiss on the lips. Nothing too exciting, but I let it linger a little, teasing, before I pull away and hand her the bottle back. "Just a sample though." I kiss her neck, getting a little more into it, shifting myself closer to her, almost on top of her. "What do you think?"

[18:27:31] <GodFish> turn on Tabitha
[18:27:33] <GodFish> !r 2d6+2
[18:27:34] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 4+2 = 6
Gonna spend a string to make that a 7

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Harm 0/4 XP 1/5 Conditions: Basic Bitch

Pay dirt. I put my hands around her hips and pull her onto my lap as she closes in. Honestly I'm not thinking of anything other than having some fun at this point. And Carmilla seems really fun. "I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter," I joke. "I'm your student for the night." I lean back in the chair and let her loom over me. "You have me all to yourself."

Giving self and beefed on a turn on roll 6

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Well she's certainly talking normal enough. But I don't really want to tell her about Mackenzie right now. "Eh, don't worry about it. I'm tougher then I look. So what about you? Why are you here?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I shrug, "Your guess is as good as mine. I mean, this time anyways. I've been here before." I pause, consider how crazy I'm going to sound, and then take a second look up at Sharona. gently caress it. She looks like she could take some crazy. "When I died. So. I guess that brings us back to the original question: Are you dead?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

"Huh." So she's dead too? I hesitate a bit before answering, but if I want to figure out as much as I can before I get back up...

"Yeah. For now at least. I'll get back up later. Not my first time getting killed. First time I've met someone else during it though." I take out the pack I have with me and slide a cigarette out. "Want one?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Well now. This is getting pretty interesting. Sharona's dead too — not hugely surprising given her current look, but good confirmation nonetheless — and this isn't her first time either. And she mentioned getting back up...? Huh, maybe she wasn't a ghost. If she's still attached to her body, that would make her some sort of zombie, I guess? That's kind of weird, but I am a ghost and I have slept with a vampire, so... Well, I guess I don't have a lot of room to talk about what's weird or not.

I take the offered cigarette and light it, "Thanks. I'm not much for smoking, but it's not like it's going to make me more dead than I already am." I take a drag, then blow out a plume of smoke. "Guess it's the same for me. This is my first time back here, at least that I remember, but it's usually a little more lonely. How much of the poo poo going on in this town are you in on, anyways? You said you've died before. Wouldn't happen to be some sort of cult that did it, would it? A bunch of assholes in masks and black robes?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

"No." I pause, remembering what the driver said. "At least, I don't think so. It was some rear end in a top hat driving at night with no lights on. But I think there might have been something else going on. Maybe these black robe people you're talking about were involved? It's kind of complicated." Hmm. She said 'how much of this poo poo,' so more is going on I suppose. "How much weird things have you seen? I haven't seen much myself until just a little while ago."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I tap the cigarette, sending ashes drifting to the floor, then look up at Sharona, "Huh. Well, if this isn't it for me, I'd be willing to help find your driver. Doesn't really sound like the cult's MO — they're more into ritualistic sacrifices and knives — but you never know. Might have been getting too close to something, it's hard to say without a more thorough investigation."

I sit quietly for a moment, then continue, "So, like I've said, there's a cult in town. I don't know who all is involved, but it's got deep roots. They've been working this town since it was founded. And, more than that, they've been sacrificing girls like us. Twice a year, always on the equinox. If you want a full brief, we'd need to head to the Herald. I've been recording everything that's happened there. Finding connections, patterns..." I let out a deep sigh. "It was all just an interesting story. Then they sacrificed me. Don't think it took, though, and that may be why things have been getting weirder lately."

It was incredibly tempting to drop in 'and one of my girlfriends is a vampire,' but I refrained. That wasn't my secret to say. Not the girlfriends part, not the vampire part.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

The driver comes back to mind. "When I woke up I was out at the road I got run over at. Some weird mysterious guy driving a car came by and said something about how I was a killing meant to be a sacrifice but wasn't 'acceptable' or something because you can't kill for sacrifices. He also told me to go to the yellow press - that's you, right? I mean you do that student paper, yeah? I wasn't really too sure what he was talking about. And trying to do a sacrificial killing by running someone over with a car seems like the dumbest thing. I don't remember much after getting hit, but I'm pretty sure whoever it was at least had the decency to drop my body off at the hospital nearby. Maybe-"

And then I stop talking. Because if I wasn't dead, if I was alive but in bad shape, and the car wasn't what killed me...if it was someone, the one the driver wanted me to give a message to, then...it would be...at the hospital.

Where my dad was one of the people who saw and worked to save me. Who did "something" to save me. And it hosed me up. But maybe, if what Sera is saying is true, and what that driver is saying is true, then...

No. No. It can't be. That would be stupid. Unthinkable. Unreasonable. If my dad did anything, he did it to save me. Right? He wouldn't try to kill me in exchange for power. No. He wouldn't. I'll just. Talk to him. And. Clear up. Everything.

I barely notice the cigarette dropping from my fingers and bouncing off the floor. Suddenly, I want to get back to living. And...figure out where Dad stands in all this. I don't even bother finishing my response to Sera.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Scene 7 continued

Mackenzie: The howl echoes across the lake somehow rippling the water and the waxing moon reflecting in it , for a moment you fancy you see a shadow moving beneath the lake but even your keen eyesight can't quite make out what it is. The waves on the shoreline move in and out, in and out in and...out. For a moment you doze off and daydream about throwing yourself in the lake. Diving into the cool waters, washing away the blood of your mistakes, of your failures. A baptism of sorts. Assuming you believe in that sort of thing. Still the lake might be a good place to hide. Or even hide a body if you choose. I mean no one comes up here much do they? What do you do?

Tabitha: Heh, heh woah, Guess you shouldn't have hit the booze so hard while you were waiting for Carmilla gain the condition drunk still this is fun isn't it. Certainly a much... more fun way to get what you need from her to see that's she's punished appropriately. That's still what you want out of this right? Certainly it's nothing else. Business before pleasure right?

Carmilla Oh, my she's practically throwing herself at you. And judging by the way she's moving well that beer hit her a little harder than it did you. You could take advantage of her when she's like this. I mean Sera and Sam would never have to know would they. But you'd know I suppose. Question is do you care? What do you do?

Sam Huh, must have dozed off there. All warm and cozy and wrapped in your lovers arms. Wait Lovers arms. Where the blazes has she gone and why is the school so dark? A quick glance out of the window shows the dusk, which answers one question but that still leaves the other. Do you go look for her or do you think it's best to clean up the evidence of your uhh tryst first? After all she can't have gotten far can she?

Sharona: Yeah I'm sure it's all just in your head. Your dad wouldn't kill you for power. Would he? I mean he saved your life well sort of, Still he has been awfully distant a lot lately working late hours, always having an excuse for why he's busy at work... Somethings not right at all there.
Of course first you need to figure out how to get out of here. How did you do it the last time? Do you even remember? Or maybe Sera can help if you can persuade her somehow?

Sera Wow, Sharona looks like she's seen a ghost. Sorry wrong figure of speech. Still interesting that she's tangled up in the same sorry mess as you. I mean one attempted sacrifice is a coincidence maybe? two is starting to look like a pattern. And who's better than you for figuring out patterns. Sharona's still hiding something from you still maybe, just maybe you can get it out of her before the two of you find your way out of.... wherever this is?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I'm gonna stop before this gets out of hand. Sitting on Tabitha's lap, I move a bit, straddling her and press myself in against her, hands moving around to undo her top, letting it fall between us to leave her in just her fishnet now, baring herself for me to see. She's drunk, she won't remember that I stopped it. I'm going to stop it here. "student for the night..." I roll the words slowly, smiling with my hungry grin. "I like the sound of it, but..." Reaching up, I run a finger across her choker, slipping it in to pull it against her neck, tugging her head down until her ear is next to my lips. I give her earlobe a nibble, "is this appropriate for a student and teacher?" Shoving her back against the chair, I kiss her ear again, her cheek, down her neck, trailing down her chest, and then - this is where I stop, where I get up and leave - I bite, sinking my teeth in deep and start to feed.

Denying Tabitha, gain a string.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Mar 9, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Whoa whoa whoa what the gently caress. Oh god drat it, she's a vampire. Vampires are lame. Suppose it's a case by case basis. Still I'm not so out of it to debate this to myself instead of doing something. I push her off me. It's awkward as hell to pull off giving she's got her teeth in me and is on my lap, so I end up throwing the both of us to the ground. I need to get her to stop. Show her I'm not in a the web anymore than her. I point my finger between her eyes and chant in the mother tongue. Chant is a generous word I'm more just screaming in a dead language while my eyes glow. The display should be enough to let her know I'm not to be hosed with. Then her hair starts to fall out. gently caress god drat it. It was supposed to be her teeth. I only had like, a third of the bottle I should be fine. What else went wrong?

Hex 8. Weird Side Effects
Ferrosol selected both girls have all their hair fall out

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Mar 9, 2017

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I look over at Sharona curiously, "Maybe?" Hm. I'm starting to put the pieces together. You can't kill for a sacrifice? That might explain why neither of us took. I was stabbed, most certainly not in the proper ritualistic sense, and she got hit by a car. Might have to check in at the hospital. See what the records about her say. There's more going on here, but whatever her deal is, she's certainly got a weird relationship with death. Just like me. Of course, speaking of relationships, I need to focus on getting out of here. There's Sam, of course, and trust me. It's literally gnawing a hole in me to suddenly disappear like that on her. I've heard about everything. I know what that's going to do to her. I need to get her a message as soon as possible so she doesn't do anything crazy. And Carmilla! She was counting on me to get Sam's notebook.

I shake my head, stand up, and crush the butt of the cigarette under my heel. I turn to Sharona, "Well, I think we can spend all sorts of time here chatting and not get to the bottom of things. This is going to take some serious field work and, unfortunately, we can't really do that here. I don't know if we're both going to get out at the same time or place or even at all, but... Well, if you make it out, look me up. I'll show you my notes. If I don't make it back, uh, can you do me a favor?" I look down and kick the ashes a bit. It's one thing to say to Sam, but to Sharona? Someone that I know, but not that well? gently caress it. This may be it. No time to dance around it. I'd add in Carmilla, of course, but I know she's all secretive and poo poo. Sam would pass the message on anyways. "Find Sam. Tell her I love her, okay? She knows where to find my stuff."

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Harm: 2/4 | XP: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: The Lake

OK. Yeah. That does sound pretty good. Just walk into the cold lake and let it purge me of sin or whatever. And bring Sharona with me. Wash her face, take away some of that look of pain and betrayal. It's the least I can do. I stand up again, lift her up in my aching arms and half run, half stagger to the shore. My bare feet crunch in the loose shale beach under the weight of both of us, and when I get to the water it's so cold it hurts and I gasp out loud. I press on, further in until I'm up to my chest and Sharona is sort of weightless in my arms. The cold is like a drat vice around my ribs, but it feels so good to let the sweat and blood and mud from the last few hours sluice away. When I look down at Sharona her hair is floating up around her face like a halo and I'm choking back sobs again as I put head down on her chest. If I let her go she'd just drift away into the icy water, free of all this bullshit. But...I can't let her go.

"I'm sorry. This was...this wasn't your fault. I..."

Words fail, and I cry on her for a while while the lake and moon bear witness.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

She didn't seem to notice anything. Much. Good. I think. As for getting out of here, that's simple enough. It'll happen when I get back up. Usually I'm not out interacting with other people though, I just chill at where I was hit. So this is something new.

Sera asks me to give Sam a message which is. Not very encouraging. "Yeah. No problem." Depends on where I end up. I hope Mackenzie didn't bury me or something. "Might take me a while though."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"Mm..." Oh, I must've dozed off. I must've been way more tired than I thought I was. This whole day has been hectic, and really stressfull, but at least I get to spend one, brief, blissfull moment with...

"...Sera?"

Wait, where did she go? "Sera!" I call out, "Where are you?" No answer, "Sera!" I yell out, again, "P-please, t-this isn't f-funny!" Silence, "Sera!!!" My cries become more desperate. I look around the room, hoping, hoping she's still here. She can't have left me, she can't! She promised! She promised she'd stay with me! She promised she wouldn't abandon me! I yell out her name, over and over again, hoping she would answer, but... nothing.

A horrifying thought came to my mind. I slowly turn my head down to the spot where she should've been, and all I see... are her clothes.

"...No..." I go pale, as the realization hits me. They did this. That's the only explanation.

I collapse onto my knees, as my eyes start to well up. I grab onto her clothes, and cling onto them, "Why...? Why, why, WHY!? Why did you take her from me!? Why are you [i]DOING[/i[ this to me!? Why do you have to take away everything that makes my life worth living!? Why, why, WHY!?" Tears start flowing down my face, "...Why... why... can't you just let me be happy...?"

I stay there, sobbing into Sera's clothing for God knows how long, unsure of what to do anymore. Sera... Sera was my guiding light, and without her, I... I... I... Oh, God. I feel so lost. What do I do now? What do I do...?

quote:

<Hugzilla> Gaze into the abyss, Sam!
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 9+1 = 10

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Oh come on Tabitha, you're supposed to be too drunk to - whoa, maybe you are too drunk, she's going all 'woooy chatty nonsense' at me and... is that some of my hair! IS THAT MY HAIR FALLING OUT!! "ahhHHH!" I reach up, grabbing at my hair, and whole locks come away in my hand. Looking at it in horror, I see her, much longer, hair starting to fall off as well, I don't know whats going on but she did this, whatever it is! Throwing the handful of hair in her face I lunge at her, grabbing her by the shoulders and shaking her. "STOP IT! WHATEVER YOU DID, STOPPIT! I WASN'T GONNA KILL YOU!"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I see my hair fall off as she violently shakes me. Aw god drat it. Area of effect. I over did it. Who could blame me for over doing it though? Ugh, oh god. I get sick from all the violent shaking and barf. "Half accident, sorry. And I'm already done..." Ugh. I tried to aim downward to give her space to retreat, but my vision was getting blurry shuffling around so much like that.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Scene 7 continued

Sharona: You wake up, erase all harm and what the hell is that? Are you in Water? Why the hell would you be in water? and someone is holding onto you. No not someone, Mackenzie. Is she trying to finish the job again? hoping drowning will work or was this some sort of elaborate plot to hide your corpse? And are those tears on her face? What do you do?

Mackenzie: As you hold Sharona close you feel a slight shudder, at first you think it might be a coincidence, a ripple in the lake or something. But then it happens again and you notice her chest starting to rise and fall. Is it a trick or some cruel joke? Then her eyes open and she looks directly at you. The person who killed her. What do you do?

Tabitha: Well poo poo, poo poo poo poo, Magic when drunk is clearly not a good idea. Still it's better than letting her do whatever it was that she was going to do to you. Were those fangs? She could have killed you! I suppose your hair is a small price to pay for avoiding that right? How are you getting out of this one?

Carmilla An accident? a goddamn accident? your hair is ruined and she calls it an accident what even was that crap she was chanting? is she one of the cultists out to get you? Still at least you can take some comfort that whatever it was she did seemed to affect her too. And then she spews on you. Great,can this get any worse? Still you have a job to do right, and you're sick of playing games how are you going to get Sera's notebook back?

Sera One minute you're talking to Sharona and then she just vanishes like she was never there. Like you must have done with Sam, poo poo she'll be all alone in the school while your stuck here. Wherever here is. Still maybe Sharona can send her a message, and she can find you somehow? Or maybe there's some other way you can communicate with her. If this is a ghost of the school then what happens in the real world must effect this place. Maybe the reverse will be true and you can send a message directly, What do you do?

Sam Your words seem to echo, mockingly through the halls of the school, and it feels like you're all alone, like there's no one here but you. They've all left you Carmilla, Sera, everyone. You need to get out of here and find who took Sera from you and convince them to give her back. She came to save you after all you can do the same for her right? But who could have taken her? The smell of cigarette smoke hangs in the air, one that you've smelled before from.... Sharona, Does she have something to do with this? What are you going to do?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Babe In the Woods, Flighty

For an instant, I think I'm lying on the ground, and then I realize I'm wet with water and floating and I flail for a bit. "gently caress," I say while splashing around. I manage to get settled in and just float. I look at Mackenzie. "So what's up with putting me in a lake? Although I will say I'm glad you didn't bury me underground." I pause. "You weren't going to put my body underwater, were you?"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Argghh!" I let her go for a moment, hurrying backwards, now covered in withering, dead hair AND puke. "What do you mean ACCIDENT!?!" She cursed me, or, loving, something, I don't even know! "You cursed me!" Forgetting about the puke (or rather that its on me, not that it happened) in my anger, I grab her and start shaking again. "Did you kill Sera too?? You're one of the cultists? Give me Sam's notebook back!"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I hold my head to try to stop the pounding. It only causes more hair to fall off. Ugh, I think I own a few good hats. "Sera's... dead?" I narrow my eyes as i try to catch up. "How many freaks are there in this town? What's Sam?" I try to shove her a bit so she stops shaking me and I can think. "Accident was the hair bit. Meant to loosen your gums not your follicles. What's this about a cult? And why does Sam's lovely creepy pasta matter?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Huh. She really did vanish. I suppose that's the advantage of having a body to anchor you. I don't mind the flying and all that, but I desperately want to get back to Sam. Alright, Sera, think. You gotta give her some sort of sign. Maybe, just maybe, you can talk her down from the ledge without seeing her. It's going to be tricky, sure, but I have a few ideas. Alright. So I'm pretty sure I remember where her locker is, right? I'll see if I can't mess around with the stuff in there to leave a message. If that doesn't work, I'm pretty sure the car's still running. She'll probably notice it when she gets outside.

No longer bound by matters like 'not freaking Sharona out,' I decide to start cutting through walls and flying. Use it if you've got it, right? A few moments later, I see Sam's locker. I don't know her combination or anything, so I just sink through the door. I take a quick peek. There's a jumble of papers inside. After a bit more shuffling, I find a pen. Perfect. Now hopefully I can leave a message in the real world by writing on this paper. Also, hopefully, it's not like some big paper or something. It's a little too dark to read, even with the strange ghostly light. In my best attempt to actually be legible, I scrawl 'I'm still here, Sam. I'll never leave you. -SO' across the top. Well, hopefully that works. If not, maybe the car.

I fly back out through the hallways and come to my car. It's still running. Sucks that I'm probably going to need to grab gas if I ever make it back, but it's providing a great canvas of fogged-up glass. I quickly swoosh my fingers across it, leaving a large heart, then add an arrow pointing to the passenger's side. With that done, I settle into the driver's seat and wait. Hopefully I can see Sam if she comes out here.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

How long have I been walking?

It's like I'm in a haze. I feel so... lost. I know I should help Sera, but... I don't know how. Sharona... she's my only lead, but where do I even find her?

God, what do I even do? I'm so useless. I can't do anything on my own. I need... I need my Sera back. Without her, I...I... I'm not... I'm not even sure if life is worth living anymore. What did I ever do to deserve any of this? Was I a terrible person in my past life, is that it? Am I destined to be loving miserable for the rest of my life? My whole life has been filled with nothing but pain, and misery, and everything that makes me feel even remotely happy is always taken away from me. Always.

Why do I even bother, anymore?

I spot Sera's car when I walk outside. Sera... you came all this way to save me. I'm so, so sorry. If only I was stronger, if only I wasn't so weak, then maybe... maybe...

...Huh? Is that... a heart on the fogged-up glass? And an arrow? Is that... is she... no, it couldn't be. But what if it is her? I rush over to Sera's car, and leave my own message on the window.

Sera?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 0/5 | Conditions: Tasteless | Location: Spooky Ghost Car

After a few minutes, I'm starting to give up hope. It was a longshot plan in the first place. 'Plan.' Like I had thought it through that much. Of course, just about when I was about to give up, go to Sam's place, and just write elaborate love poems with Sam's dirty laundry, I saw an answer appear on the windshield. It must be Sam! Or, you know, someone else who knows this is my car. Maybe Sam found Carmilla and let her know I disappeared? Well, whatever.

I swoop back outside and write next to it, Yes! Sam?

Is this working? I hope it's working. Maybe this place is just pulling tricks on me.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Oh, poo poo. Probably shouldn't have given that away if she isn't one. Or if she is. Or... something. "Shouldn't you be the one telling me that? You're way more of a freak than I am!" Wait a second, did she just say that??? "YOU WANTED ME TO LOSE MY TEETH!?!" That's WAY worse than losing my HAIR! "It's not like I can just regrow them, what the gently caress?!"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"Don't vampires regenerate? Sure you can. Other people can't, but you're not even human. Or whatever it's magic so it can be reversed." Under ideal conditions. I groan and lean my head on Carmilla's shoulder. "At least when I'm not drunk and panicking because I think someone might kill me." Okay, okay. I think I can salvage it. "At least I can tell Caitlyn I pranked you for her and she'll back off. Sorry about your outfit. It's salvageable right? I always liked that one."

Turn on 8

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Harm: 2/4 | XP: 3+1/5 | Conditions: | Location: The Lake

Keep My Cool: 2d6+1 4

What

the

gently caress!

"What...I...how..."

It's not just the cold making me stutter here, I lose my grip on her as she floats upright and sasses me about trying to get rid of what until a second ago was her corpse.

"I didn't...you..."

I clamp my jaw against the chill and try to swallow the million stupid things I want to say.

"No, I was going to go to the police. But then the Moon said I should bring you to the lake and it was just so cold and you were dead, and I kinda..."

Alright, screwing up on the no stupid things part of this. I sigh, catch myself, and try again.

"Can we...talk about this somewhere dry? I can't feel my toes."

The moonlight on the lake is also doing a really good job of showing off exactly how little is left of my clothing, and exactly how cold I am. I reach out hesitantly to take Sharona's hand.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Babe In the Woods, Flighty

Okay so she talks to the moon. I mean, she is a werewolf so...I don't think 'that makes sense' really fits but whatever. I take her hand and start swimming back to the shore.

"Good thing you didn't go to the police. That would have been awkward."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"No I can't!" Er... can... I? "...can I?" I frown at her, letting off the shaking a bit. "Do you know anything about vampires? Because all I know is I need to drink people's blood and I don't show up in mirrors." drat, I can feel her heart beating against me, its getting my own blood going again, pressed against my damp shirt. Damp... shirt... Oh yeah. She puked on me. I push her away, less violently, but still not particularly happy. "Hold on, you did this for Caitlyn?! That loving idiot - she thinks I'm doing something with her 'boyfriend' doesn't she?" Even more angry now, I look around and punch a tree, let out a groan of pain and grab my hand. "owowowshitfuck-this is what I get for trying to help people, huh?"

After pulling myself together slightly, "Fine." I snap, "I'll tell that stupid, loving clueless bitch you did this to me. I hope you're getting something good from her!" Glaring, but still not entirely able to keep my eyes away from my target, I continue, "Well the least you can do is let me get a proper meal then, isn't it?" I bare my teeth at her. "I won't kill you."

Promising to let Caitlyn think this was a prank, and not to kill you

• Locked thread