Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Salad Cream is the second worst name for something with “cream” in it. “Clotted cream” being the worst.

clotted cream is best cream in everything but its name, in which yeah, second worst is about right

e: clotted snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Sweet chili is nice with chips sometimes. I also think that ketchup is nice for dipping.

Sometimes food that you know to be of worse quality can still taste nicer than something "well prepared" because it reminds you of a time or a place.

PHUO: Most creams don't add much to most food. Some is neccesary, but I've never felt the urge to add more cream to anything.
I don't find poop humour funny.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

PHUO the second: anime is fine and most people worldwide who say they like anime mean "Goku rules and I loved Digimon and Sailor Moon"

As weird as it is, I think anime is almost mainstream at this point

Maybe scorn should be shifted to the the real weirdos: adults who watch pro wrestling

Josef bugman posted:

Jesus that sounds awful

Sorry for the way you are :(

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Josef bugman posted:

Sometimes food that you know to be of worse quality can still taste nicer than something "well prepared" because it reminds you of a time or a place.

I don't think that's unpopular at all. I'd easily take my mom's tuna hot dish over a Michelin star restaurant's

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Josef bugman posted:

Sweet chili is nice with chips sometimes. I also think that ketchup is nice for dipping.

PHUO: Most creams don't add much to most food. Some is neccesary, but I've never felt the urge to add more cream to anything.

How about farts? You think farts are funny right?

I think farts are funny.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Not really. I am afraid.

Sometimes I suppose but so much stuff people just absolutely crease up laughing about when it relates to poop or pee or bodily stuff in general just leaves me cold.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019
my wise centrist opinion on the topic of humour pertaining to bodily fluids is as thusly:

piss and cum are funny. poop and barf are not funny

addendum: spit and pus are extremely not funny, and so is that poo poo that comes out of pimples

addendum 2: i have no strong opinions on lymph. truly it is the most centrist of all the bodily fluids

nurmie has a new favorite as of 21:59 on Aug 22, 2021

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

veni veni veni posted:

Maybe I'll...just...post like...a baby boomer...

Not enough random capitalization or emojis. Here are some PROPER boomer posts:

quote:

Happy birthday to my beautiful daughter "Penny "a Happy Birthday 6-22!!! Many MORE healthy n bless birthday to come!!!!🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🥰🙋🏽‍♀️🌹♥️🌹♥️🎈🎂🎈🎊🎁🎊❤❤❤✌🏽😊💋💞💋💞💞

quote:

Thank-you so MUCH to QUEENS church for there three day sports DAY for our kids!!! It was GREAT!!! The kids REALLY enjoyed it!!!!🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽✌🏽

I tried to find some of my greataunt's posts, but literally 99% of her posts are Jesus memes and 1% is one-word opinions on random recipes.

edit:

Sweevo posted:

Sit or stand, nobody cares.

But don't get on and then stand immediately inside the door so the 50 people behind you have to push past.

There is no greater sorrow than being able to see the seats filling up as someone is blocking your way into the train. Ugh, it's the worst.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Salad Cream is the second worst name for something with “cream” in it. “Clotted cream” being the worst.

:wtc:

Salad cream has no cream in it

quote:

Salad cream is a creamy, pale yellow condiment based on an emulsion of about 25–50 percent oil in water, emulsified by egg yolk and acidulated by spirit vinegar. It is somewhat similar in composition to mayonnaise and may include other ingredients such as sugar, mustard, salt, thickener, spices, flavouring and colouring

Its like mayo but it brings this brilliant acidity that most foods desperately need

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

alexandriao posted:

Salad cream has no cream in it :wtc:

Egg creams contain neither eggs nor cream.

E:oh, I just realized you thought I was saying there was cream in salad cream, no, I just meant phrases/names/etc containing the word “cream”, hence the quotation marks.

Ugly In The Morning has a new favorite as of 22:36 on Aug 22, 2021

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

yeah i misphrased that, my bad and I edited it

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Desperately pouring store brand miracle whip onto my iceberg lettuce like a schoolchild in 1999

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I didn't even know what "salad cream" was and had to look it up

Turns out it's miracle whip - mayonnaise's redneck cousin

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
Miracle Whip is loving disgusting.

Probably not too unpopular of an opinion, but I just couldn’t help myself.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Yeah the irony of someone starting off praising miracle whip then moving in to bash the simple, inoffensive mayonnaise was hilarious.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Manager Hoyden posted:

I didn't even know what "salad cream" was and had to look it up

Turns out it's miracle whip - mayonnaise's redneck cousin

No it isn't, where the gently caress did you 'look this up'

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Look up the Wikipedia article for Miracle Whip for possibly the most unflattering picture of miracle whip ever

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Unkempt posted:

No it isn't, where the gently caress did you 'look this up'

Miracle whip and salad cream are both just Mayo but with slightly more vinegar than oil. Not all salad cream has as much sugar as the miracle whip brand but they’re basically the same thing down to being able to sub them in recipes with little to no discernible difference.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Captain Monkey posted:

Miracle whip and salad cream are both just Mayo but with slightly more vinegar than oil. Not all salad cream has as much sugar as the miracle whip brand but they’re basically the same thing down to being able to sub them in recipes with little to no discernible difference.

Miracle whip has HFCS. hth

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

oldpainless posted:

Look up the Wikipedia article for Miracle Whip for possibly the most unflattering picture of miracle whip ever

I was expecting some gimmick related joke there, but no, that is pretty unappetizing.

More like oldhyperboleless.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Lol the french wiki page calls it a salad cream and the english calls it a "sauce condiment"

But yes they are both water, egg yolk, and vinegar. The Whip has hfcs and preservatives, not typical ingredients, but then, it's sold in a grocery store in the USA so corn is not exactly unexpected.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 10:15 on Aug 23, 2021

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Miracle whip has HFCS. hth

What's the difference between HFCS and the table sugar in salad cream?

There isn't one.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Guyver posted:

There isn't one.

the best salad cream does not have sugar?? why would you want to make it sweet :wtc:

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Ok you can't frame salad cream in terms of mayo because adding vinegar to mayo is a vastly different taste, and that's exactly what people who haven't tasted it will imagine. mayo might be inoffensive but it loving sucks as anything other an an ingredient. Used to know a guy would would put huge tablespoons of it on curry and that was disgusting to watch

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

alexandriao posted:

the best salad cream does not have sugar?? why would you want to make it sweet :wtc:
Ask Heinz. I'm not from some back water so I've never had salad cream let alone "good salads cream".

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
PHUO: sweet is a valid part of a flavour profile and being horrified at the idea of sweet being involved is as dumb as people who can't handle spice or bitter

alexandriao posted:

Ok you can't frame salad cream in terms of mayo because adding vinegar to mayo is a vastly different taste, and that's exactly what people who haven't tasted it will imagine. mayo might be inoffensive but it loving sucks as anything other an an ingredient. Used to know a guy would would put huge tablespoons of it on curry and that was disgusting to watch

Eat good mayo, sorry about your Bad Food Island

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

alexandriao posted:

Ok you can't frame salad cream in terms of mayo because adding vinegar to mayo is a vastly different taste
Mayonnaise already has vinegar in it though?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

You know, with all the turmoil in this world (and even elsewhere in these forums) there's something refreshing about a debate about the merits of mayo vs slightly different flavored mayo.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Anyway I think we can all agree that Miracle Whip is an abomination before the Lord.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

PHUO: sweet is a valid part of a flavour profile and being horrified at the idea of sweet being involved is as dumb as people who can't handle spice or bitter

Eat good mayo, sorry about your Bad Food Island

I think the same people who say that they get sick instantly when they eat a bite of fast food/junk food/processed food are also the same people who complain about things being too sweet. It's performative.

I don't regularly drink soda, but every once in a while, I will have a Coca-Cola and it is really delicious, and not disgustingly sweet.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

I don't get annoyed at poo poo being sweet but the entire point of salad cream for me is to be acidic because it perfectly balances grease

I don't know why you would want chips and mayo because most chips are already kinda greasy unless they're the oven type

silence_kit posted:

I think the same people who say that they get sick instantly when they eat a bite of fast food/junk food/processed food are also the same people who complain about things being too sweet. It's performative.

I don't regularly drink soda, but every once in a while, I will have a Coca-Cola and it is really delicious, and not disgustingly sweet.

Pepsi tastes better though :troll:

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

I've said it before, but fizzy drinks are not actually all that nice, everyone just wants/needs a bit more sugar during the day.

Josef bugman has a new favorite as of 12:09 on Aug 23, 2021

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Guyver posted:

There's way more of the hfcs than the sugar. Yes, they have similar ingredients, but in different proportions and combined differently. It's like looking at the ingredients for stella artois and saying 'oh, it's just PBR.'

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
both mayo and miracle whip are pretty gross, whether you're trying to make what you claim is a "salad" with it or not

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

both mayo and miracle whip are pretty gross, whether you're trying to make what you claim is a "salad" with it or not

This isn't unpopular, it's not goon kosher to admit you like any form of creamy condiment.

e: except cum obviously

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 12:28 on Aug 23, 2021

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

loving love salad cream, but I don't eat it with salad. Mostly cold meats or cheese. Lovely sharp vinegary taste.

Used to like a blob on a pork pie, but you can't get pork pies in the US. Should make my own really.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Unkempt posted:

loving love salad cream, but I don't eat it with salad. Mostly cold meats or cheese. Lovely sharp vinegary taste.

Used to like a blob on a pork pie, but you can't get pork pies in the US. Should make my own really.

Does anyone actually eat it with like, a vegetable salad? Like I said we got awful offbrand miracle whip with iceberg lettuce in the "ketchup is a vegetable" era of US school lunches, otherwise never heard anyone raving about putting it on a salad.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Unkempt posted:

There's way more of the hfcs than the sugar. Yes, they have similar ingredients, but in different proportions and combined differently. It's like looking at the ingredients for stella artois and saying 'oh, it's just PBR.'

Other way round looks like. Whip has 1g sugar per serving and salad cream has 2.6g per serving.

Both have a 15g serving.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Guyver posted:

Other way round looks like. Whip has 1g sugar per serving and salad cream has 2.6g per serving.

Both have a 15g serving.

poo poo, really?

Huh. Looks like it's the vinegar amount that's different. Salad cream is water, vinegar, oil, sugar; miracle whip is water, oil, hfcs, vinegar. It's all about the acidity of the vinegar for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I finally have a store near me that started selling Kewpie mayo and I know all of the food people on the internet said it's the best mayonnaise and I would agree because it tastes like miracle whip.